It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush sibling touted for presidency

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Bush sibling touted for presidency

From correspondents in Washington
Agence France-Presse
January 05, 2009 03:40am

Former president George H. W. Bush, father of the outgoing US commander-in-chief, today touted another son Jeb for a future presidential bid.

"I'd like to see him run. I'd like to see him be president some day,'' the elder Mr Bush, 84, who was the 41st president, told Fox News Sunday.

"I think he's as qualified and able as anyone I know,'' he said in an interview, adding however that "now is not the time'' to push another White House run by a member of his famous family dynasty.

"There have been enough Bushes in there,'' said the octogenarian, who served as commander-in-chief from 1989 to 1993.

His son, George W. Bush, leaves the White House on January 20 after two terms.

He said son Jeb, a former governor of Florida, would also would make an "outstanding'' senator representing the state.

"He's a guy who really has a feel for people, the issues in Florida and nationally and his political days ought not to be over,'' Mr Bush said.

The former president also had words of praise for his older son, who faces relentless criticism and historically low opinion polls as he ends his eight-year White House stint in a little over two weeks. "The fact that everything that's a problem in this country should be put on his shoulders, that's not fair,'' Mr Bush said.

"He ran a clean operation, having kept this country strong and free after unprecedented in history attack, 9/11, and he'll have a lot to be proud of,'' said Mr Bush, adding "he'll come home with his head high.''

www.news.com.au...

If this were to happen Heaven help us all.

res

[edit on 4-1-2009 by resistancia]

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
If Bush Sr lives that long to even see Jeb run, doesnt matter, I doubt after GWB Jr's stunt, that America is gonna want to throw in another back stabber.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

Yeah I actually think JB would have a snowball's chance in hell

Just passing on the news..ahem...the joke.

take care
res

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Jeb.... hah.... does anyone remember that Jeb declared Martial Law in Florida right before 9/11, maybe it was a test to see if 9/11 would go smoothly...

heres the link....

www.rense.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Hey was a excellent govenor in forida. I think he would make a excellent president. Well more qualified then the previous Bush's. Unfortunatly he doesnt have a snowballs chance in hell after what his brother did.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

Jeb was a good governor even by Democrat standards, not that they are anything to crow about either. The biggest complaints most Floridians had related to budget cuts in the civil/human services
sector (which a Democract also would have made) and the No Child Left Behind doctrine, which was justified given the poor quality of Florida's education system. Jeb, of all that family, would have made a much better president, is very intelligent and well-grounded both in person and on the job. He;s also not a religious nutjob. He took time out from visiting wildfire sites two years ago to deliver our college commencement address and earned a lot of respect even though most of the students and administration were openly anti-Dubya and didn't hide it.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by FoxStriker
Jeb.... hah.... does anyone remember that Jeb declared Martial Law in Florida right before 9/11, maybe it was a test to see if 9/11 would go smoothly...

heres the link....

www.rense.com...

That is not true. It wasnt a declation of Martial Law.

This executive order does not declare a state of emergency or martial law, it merely provides for the training of National Guardsman to prepare for the event of a disaster, a completely different thing.

source

Thiry seconds of research would have disproved what you just posted. Typical truther post. Believe whatever you read without researching it yourself.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by tide88

Not to mention not understanding the presidential disaster declaration process. But oh well, you can't force a horse to think.

I saw part of H.W.'s interview and he's still just as creepy as I remember him. Florida may have loved him as a governor but he's a Bush.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by beaverg

Yeah he is still a Bush, which is why he will never run. He has said before he has no desire to be president. Probably saw all the crap his family did and doesnt want to be a part of it. Also doubt he wants to drag his family through the process. I know his daughter had a history of drug problems. Doubt he want to drag that back out in the public,

top topics

join