It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bald Eagles becoming an area attraction in Wintertime

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Bald Eagles becoming an area attraction in Wintertime

The Northville area, situated on the Great Sacandaga Lake where the Sacandaga River winds out of the southern Adirondacks, has a lot going for it already. But for at least the past six years it has had a new winter attraction. Bald Eagles, many of them migrating from Canada during the cold months, have adopted the river valley from Northville to Wells as a winter home.
Bird photographer Warren Greene of Gloversville spends his free time chasing other species but has ventured to the Sacandaga ...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Being a nature lover of sorts, it was great for both me and my youngest brother to have just personally seen these Eagles near Mayfield early last December. It was not the first time that we've happened to see Bald Eagles. We've had that pleasure both singly and together when I visited him out in Montana several years ago. It was the first time we had both seen them in New York State. We always get awestruck when we see these most beautiful and powerful birds fly or nesting in trees with their young. They are making a great comeback. And let's hope that we can get America moving like that again, too. Improving and growing better.

(visit the link for the full news article)

join