It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sky in Motion: Time Lapse Video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I thought this was absolutely amazing and beautiful and wanted to share. It is a time laps video of the sky:

Sky in Motion
2008 December 31

Explanation: Still need to come up with a good new year's resolution? Consider one appropriate for 2009, the International Year of Astronomy; just look up -- experience, learn, and enjoy the changing sky. This 4-minute, time-lapse video is composed from a series of 7,000 images highlighting much of what you could see. Arcing through the sky in a stately reflection of planet Earth's own rotation are Moon, Sun and stars. But the sequence also features satellites and meteors streaking overhead, clouds moving along the horizon changing in a beautiful iridescence, and beaming crepuscular rays.

The Sky in Motion
Credit & Copyright: Video: Till Credner, (The Sky in Motion.com)
Music: túrána hott kurdis by hasta la otra méxico!

[edit on 1/1/2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
That is incredible! I just love the Astronomy Picture of the Day site. I use the images for my screen savers! Thanks for the Vid!

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Really nice vid... thx for posting

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Thanks GEL! that was very pecefull and relaxing, I love the nightime sky moving the best

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

That was absolutely beautiful. Just like my life as far as the speed of it. Now if you can put that sunrise in the video in my avatar I'd be very happy.
The one in the beginning from 10 seconds to around 22 seconds. The whole time lapse was awesome and thank you GEL for the experience.

new topics

top topics

join