It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need info on banshees

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I'm talking with a girl who's been screamed at by banshees 3 or 4 times. I may have heard one once, anyone got any info on them that would be useful to her?

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
To hear the howl of a Banshee means some one in your family is going to die, or so I have been told.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Nobody died when i heard one that i knew as far as i can tell, and that girl had two instances of it happening while i was talking to her in the span of a half hour. they're demons, they just like to # with people, but my experience with them is limited, but yeah thank you for resonding even with that., keep em comming

Oh also, her medium side just recently opened up and she doesn't want to lose the ability, so i need something that won't hurt the aspect that she enjoys

[edit on 20-12-2008 by Kiwiemperor]

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Ditto on the "death notice". They are "attached" to the Kennedy family by a curse also I understand.

Out of curiosity, do you "hear" them when she is on the phone with you?

I would be wary of someone that "hears" them that often and has had no results. I new a chick that needed "drama" far too much and would call me about crap. I new enough about what was legit and not and decided to let her alone.

Demons? If you have "demons" about you enough to warrant a comment, you have serious issues.Very serious issues.

I am a conspiratorialist but I doubt much and believe little. Way to much BS in this world. Some legit, some not.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Maybe it was a cat making the noise?

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

I've only spoken to her online. all us ESP-ers just rock the internet these days. (i only just found out i was psychic two months ago) You don't have to have serious issues to pick up a demon. just have to unbalance your forces (to call it anything)

She's not looking for drama, just assistance as far as i can tell.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Kiwiemperor

Tell her to just google it, there's info everywhere on the Internet these days. Not sure if this is of any relevance for you, but found this brief bit on the New World Encyclopedia:

A banshee is one of many spirits of Irish and Scottish folklore. Banshees are common in Irish and Scottish folk stories, and enjoy the same mythical status in Ireland as fairies and leprechauns. The modern understanding of a banshee as a grotesque, angry female spirit that flies in the air at night, terrifying people with her shrieking is something of a misnomer. The banshee is understood by the people of Ireland and Scotland as an omen of death and a messenger from the afterlife who would appear and wail under the windows of a house where a person was about to die. Such tales indicate the belief in the spirit world and the existence of spiritual beings, whether spirits of people who have died young, or of beings entirely of spiritual origin, who can communicate with human beings.

www.newworldencyclopedia.org...

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   

The Banshee:
The bean-sidhe (woman of the fairy) may be an ancestral spirit appointed to forewarn members of certain ancient Irish families of their time of death. According to tradition, the banshee can only cry for five major Irish families: the O'Neills, the O'Briens, the O'Connors, the O'Gradys and the Kavanaghs. Intermarriage has since extended this select list.

Whatever her origins, the banshee chiefly appears in one of three guises: a young woman, a stately matron or a raddled old hag. These represent the triple aspects of the Celtic goddess of war and death, namely Badhbh, Macha and Mor-Rioghain. She usually wears either a grey, hooded cloak or the winding sheet or grave robe of the unshriven dead. She may also appear as a washer-woman, and is seen apparently washing the blood stained clothes of those who are about to die. In this guise she is known as the bean-nighe (washing woman).

Although not always seen, her mourning call is heard, usually at night when someone is about to die. In 1437, King James I of Scotland was approached by an Irish seeress or banshee who foretold his murder at the instigation of the Earl of Atholl. This is an example of the banshee in human form. There are records of several human banshees or prophetesses attending the great houses of Ireland and the courts of local Irish kings. In some parts of Leinster, she is referred to as the bean chaointe (keening woman) whose wail can be so piercing that it shatters glass. In Kerry, the keen is experienced as a "low, pleasant singing"; in Tyrone as "the sound of two boards being struck together"; and on Rathlin Island as "a thin, screeching sound somewhere between the wail of a woman and the moan of an owl"

The Beansidhe is also known as Washer of the Shrouds, Banshee (the Anglicized spelling), Cointeach (literally "one who keens"), Cyoerraeth, Gwrach y Rhibyn, and Cunnere Noe. Her element is water and she appears at night before a death. She is a well known and much feared faery, and sometimes classified as a ghost. She is female and appears in a filmy, full-sized human form with long stringy hair partially covered with a hood, and a whit gown or shroud, and has a wet ghost like appearance. Her keening (mourning wail) is heard at night prior to death.

www.the-atlantic-paranormal-society.com...

Hope this helps you out.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I was just wondering how she kns it is a banshee, has it told her. May be it is another type of spirti altogether that sounds like a banshee. What does a banshee sound like anyway?

kx

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
They scream like a mother #er. that's what they sound like

She says they stopped. I hope that means i gave her the right advice of balancing the physical world with the paranormal. still sees the ghosts, she just needs to know how to control the sightings now though.

More information on banshees would be appreciated from anyone that knows more about it. Merry Christmas y'all

[edit on 25-12-2008 by Kiwiemperor]

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Tell her she will be ok since there are no such things as Banshees.
But just because i have never seen one doesn't mean they dont exist.
But nobody has ever seen one.
And till the Banshees come out and say "Hey look at us were Banshees"
Ill conntinue to not believe.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkice19

You know you could have saved me a lot of time by, you know, not saying anything instead of saying it doesn't exist. You know, i never actually saw the succubus that sexually assaulted and attacked me but i still walked around like a zombie for two days after it happened. So the next time you feel like saying "I didn't see it so it doesn't exist" Just keep that to yourself.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I was terrified of the thought of banshees when i was younger, but i quickly grew out of it. If banshees really existed don't you think they would be in newspapers or have any actual evidence for them? I live in manhattan and I hear people yelling and screaming on the streets all day and all night. Tell your friend to just be braver or stop messing around with psychic stuff.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
This is what upsets me, when people immediatly think others are "messing around" with ESP. This topic is supposed to be for positive ways to deal with the supernatural, not saying it doesn't exist.

If you have no experience with them, if you don't believe in them, if you've never seen one shred of something that was unexplainable, that's fine, I understand. But don't blow it off as "well psssh, I need proof, this person is at fault, they're a schizo, it's just the house cat."

Thank you to those of you who are being open minded and sharing what you've read on them. I do appreciate those that care enough not to call people crazy or overimaginative.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Kiwi, ATS is not for accepting whatever someone says as the gospel. It is for looking for REAL answers.

I have noticed a whole lot more tolerance for topics that would have been taken apart before. I have to say this whole topic is rooted only in heresay. Not any sort of provable fact, beyond the fact you found out your were psychic a couple of months ago.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I gave you a perfectly good explanation when i said it might be a cat,but you ignored it.If it were a banshee someone would have died by now,'cause that's what they do,warn people of impending doom.
So unless someone has died,you should look at a more logical explanation for what you heard.And male cats can make some pretty awful noises.

That being said i will find a book i have on banshees and get you some info.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Nobody has ever seen one. Its like another bigfoot theory. Until they are documented with pictures and proven real they do not Exist.

I chose to not believe and that's my right. But until something like this is proven there is no reason to run around terrified thinking you are being stalked by banshees. And there is no reason to scare other people and feed their fears on banshees.
Several animals can make a banshee sounding scream and at night that can be scary. But just because you can hear something and not see it does not that its a demonic creature out to get you. There is usually a real explanation for it but nobody tries to find out what or why. They just stick with the sensational and it gets them the attention they desire.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
The title of this thread is "Need info on banshees"
Not are banshees real? stick to the topic please and thank you.

Sauron.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Banshees, scream, and they are loud. But there is a number of other things that could be making the wailing noise, ever considered the poltergeist? they can make noice, and they are drawn towards or caused by people with supressed or recently awakened psi/esp abilities. All the stories point towrds the banshee spelling death for the person hearing a family member or someone else close to the perosn hearing the wail.

Something else, it could be a banshee but banshees are creature partially cut of from our dimensions of reasoning and reference, therefore time has no meaning, she could warn about death (unnatural death), but it might take Years before somehting happens.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
the house my parents lived in when i was born was owned by a family that was cursed by the banshee, or with the banshee might be more accurate.

someone in the family murdered the son of a traveller woman so she cursed them with no male children for seven generations and she invoked the banshee to ensure the curse. there were boys born in the family but they all died. so the house passed to the oldest daughter who's male children all died inexplicably and her daughter didn't have any boys that survived and so on. the banshee was seen every time one of these boys died and afterwards at the graves.

this family moved out of the house and my parents rented it for a song. when i was born, apparently the banshee was heard quite a lot around the house, my mother got freaked out by it and decided they should move out.

she swears she heard the banshee regularly, and personally, i believe her. she's pretty plain and matter of fact about the whole thing.

i've also heard of the banshee associated with a big, black, red eyed dog. i believe the dog carries the souls of the dead to hell. if you're a good person the banshee will guide you to heaven and if you're a bad person she'll give you to the dog to take to hell.

the banshee isn't bad or evil or whatever, she's not good or bad. she's pretty much the spirit of grief, she cries (keens) and combs at her hair. then when you die she leads you into the spirit world.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join