It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

chimera by AG

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Thisis the factual information of the man-bear-pig, This information was posted by the well known science and genetic website thinkgene.com

Some believe that there are wild mbp chimeras wandering around colorado.
If you have any information please donot hesitate to respond!

Scientists at Linden Labs in San Francisco, California have successfully created a human-bear-pig chimera. Somatic cells from human and bear tissue were first transfected with a bacterial chromosome containing the Nanog gene and a GFP-IRES-puromycin resistance gene cassette. After a puromyocin screen was performed, the remaining cells were treated with a retroviral induction of Oct3/4, Sox2, Klf4, and c-myc, thus creating induced pluripotent stem cells (iPS). Induced pluripotent stem cells were used because of the ethical concern surrounding embryonic stem cells. The cells were then injected into pig blastocysts and introduced into the uteri of pseudo-pregnant pigs. The discovery was published today in the advance online edition of Nature Gold.

“This is quite an accomplishment for which I have great confidence will lead to continued advances in human-animal chimera production,” says Dr. Eli Vance, chief science officer of Linden Labs. “We soon hope to commercialize this technology and realize our continued vision by which any human may realize a physical chimera lifestyle.”

Al Gore headed up the research but was not available for questioning.

[edit on 19-12-2008 by Evilsob]

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
What's Gore's problem!!
We need to look into this!

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
those creatures are very disturbing! damn!!! what the hell!!
I guess these will be kept like animals? what if they grow and develop to have a brain like a humans they will then be a kind of prisoner? will they have rights??? this is insane....

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
OMG!! You've got to be kidding!

Where have I been? This is the strangest thing I have ever seen.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Evilsob

This picture has been available on the internet for at least 7 years. I never knew it was the one associated with the man-bear-pig, I will have to look into that.

From what I remember it was a hoax. Let me check some sources.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Unfortunately this has been discussed before, and those aren't actually chimeras, they are nothing but sculptures. Strange sculptures yes, but sculptures nonetheless. When I get home, I'll see if I dig a link up for you. I believe if you see full image the sculptures are in a mall. The artist has also made a number of other chimera type creatures. Rest assured there are no strange hybrids out there as of yet.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
That is amazing!

I do not want to sound cold, but it appears that thing needs to be put out of its misery.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
If it's real and alive, these people are not very impressed

Edit: Full Picture

[edit on 12/19/08 by Yoda411]

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
you do not know the truth there are many types, bearpigman pigmanbear and man bear pig!

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
it was an art exhibit

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Yoda411

listen it may be normal for people to look at you funny while your in the mall but if its an exibit those people may have looked already.

[edit on 19-12-2008 by Evilsob]

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
It's from the "we are family" exhibition, called: "the young family" by Patricia Piccinini.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evilsob
reply to post by Yoda411

just because when your in a mall people look like your a foreign creature doesnt mean its gonna happen to every other creature.

Wait, what? I will edit to see if I can make sense....

"Just because you're in a mall people and you look like you're a foreign creature doesnt mean it's going to happen to every other creature."

Okay, I cleaned it up, but--still--you are confusing plucky, greatly. What are you tryin to say? Xenophobia is a bad thing? I'm lost.

[edit on 19-12-2008 by pluckynoonez]

Okay, you have since edited, but "listen it may be normal for people to look at you funny while your in the mall but if its an exibit those people may have looked already" is still confusing. First, review the difference between "your" and you're" and second, realize that this is a discussion forum and people read what you write.

[edit on 19-12-2008 by pluckynoonez]

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
It's just art...people will believe things because they want it to be true, or because they are afraid that it is.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Linden Labs is the company that produces the Game Second Life

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 06:30 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 07:10 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleHeroes

You totally should have puled that off like the guy from 300.

www.patriciapiccinini.net...

We are family exhibit. Are people going to keep falling for this like the genepet thing?

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
ca.youtube.com...
ok here is where all of this came from our good friends of the ever famous" South park" show. i am sure all of this is very scary to some of you but we must keep in mind that photoshop do exist!!!

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
This is all a bunch of made up garbage and although it's amusing it's also very misleading and confusing to new members or people who don't have an eye for this kind of crap. Thanks for wasting my time with this and I hope you're banned.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join