It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How You Can Prevent 2012

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Last night I went to see the new Keanu Reeves movie, The Day the Earth Stood Still. My friend and I noticed that every trailer leading up to the film with the exception of the Wolverine Origins film was apocalyptic in nature.

Why is this? Have we become such negative thinkers that are psyche has now become inflicted with thoughts that the end is coming. Thought forms are powerful. You don't have to think of thought forms as just some type of psychic energy, but also something that effects the people around us, our mind, and body on a very physical level. Whether it be expressed through our body language, or expressed in our nervous anxieties. If everyone thinks the end is coming or if you are investing so much time into this date, the chances are, you get enough people in the population believing in it, it will manifest itself whether it be through worries of buying to help the economy, etc. Our negative attitudes are in fact shaping our reality.

Come on guys, we can be better than this! It is human nature to strive for the light, but lately our worries are clouding our vision. There is still hope and light at the end of the tunnel.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I wouldn't get to worked up.... remember the Y2K fear and doom propaganda? All it did was make for an interesting "day before" new years to see if Australia /Asia would start having glitches... by the time "midnight" reached the states, it was quite boring.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by infolurker
I wouldn't get to worked up.... remember the Y2K fear and doom propaganda? All it did was make for an interesting "day before" new years to see if Australia /Asia would start having glitches... by the time "midnight" reached the states, it was quite boring.

me neither...on jan 1, 2013, there are going to be thousands of mayans pointing at us and laughing, and then inviting us to come to cancun to spend our tourists dollars.

[edit on 16-12-2008 by jimmyx]

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I've never seen good reason to think anything special is going to happen on 12/21/2012... so what is it exactly I'm supposed to be preventing?

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by infolurker

The thing is is that that negative apocalyptic gloom lead to suicide cults around that time. If enough people are convinced the end is coming, there is no telling what anarchy may ensue.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Resinveins

For you, nothing. The Negative Nellys around the world on this particular matter are the ones who should shift their thinking.

[edit on 16-12-2008 by Born2Power]

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! Worked didn't it, you went to see the movie..........

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
"how you can prevent 2012" .........

...... by killing yourself?

it's just another year.

the only way to "prevent" it from happening (for you) is if you're not alive.

2012 is happening no matter what.

it's just another year.

the world isn't going to end.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Born2Power

its not the negative attitudes and thousands of peoples opinions, it is the many sources that have predicted this date on december 12, 2012. the sources that have been true til this date including nostrodamus and even NASA.

top topics

join