It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was 9-11 Perpetuated By The Petrodollar?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   
The Powerful Petrodollar.

Most oil sales throughout the world are denominated in United States dollars (USD).[1] Because most countries rely on oil imports, they are forced to maintain large stockpiles of dollars in order to continue imports. This causes demand for USDs to remain high, regardless of economic conditions in the United States. This allows the US government to gain revenues through seignorage and by issuing bonds at lower interest rates than they otherwise would be able to. As a result the U.S. government can run higher budget deficits at a more sustainable level than can most other countries

en.wikipedia.org...

In the year 2000, Iraq converted it's oil for food program to Euros.
In 2003, it was converted back to the Dollar.

What happened between 2000 and 2003 changed the world forever.

Most of the worlds oil is traded in a currency called the Petrodollar. This requires countries to maintain large amounts of the US Dollar, there by maintaining a high value on the Dollar. But as countries grow weary of the US government "bully" tactics, they are looking towards the Petroeuro.

This is driving the Dollar down compared to the Euro.

Now there was several reason, I believe, for "pulling" 9-11. One was the gold under the Towers. Two was, incriminating evidence at the upper levels of the towers.

But the main reason, I believe, is that Iraq was trading in the Petroeuro. And we needed to get Saddam out of power, the the oil back over to the Petrodollar.

Remember how bad the economy was tanking going into the 9-11 travesty?

Things went from flush and rosy with the Clinton economy, to a near crash?

Clinton was always a drug guy. He was friendly to the drug trade, and internationally liked. But Clinton wanted a piece of the Poppy trade from Afghanistan. Hence his hostility toward them near the end of his term, angering Iraq and causing them to trade in the Petrodollar..

So "they" brought in Bush Jr... He was willing to go along with 9-11 and go after Bin Laden. The Saudis were willing to "sacrifice" him to get Iraq's oil back to the Petrodollar. The drop in the Dollar was hurting the Saudi oil trade too.

And it was also hurting powerful shipping industries that rule International Law.

So, 9-11 was set up. The amount of diversion and cover-up was so sophisticated that it could only come from the highest levels. The military was brought in through the promise that the Petrodollar in Iraq was important to national security. It was a "necessary evil", to stabilize the American Economy.

And in one fell swoop, the Afghanistan Heroin trade and Iraqi oil problem were taken over, with the backing of the American public, who had been duped into believing Saddam was preparing for a massive "Weapons of Mass Destruction" campaign on the US and it's allies.

In return to changing the oil trade from the Petroeuro to the Petrodollar in Iraq, the British Crown was allowed, through the Federal Reserve, and offshore banking (international law) to take control of the dollar.

Lending tactics were eased and money was pumped into the system, through the power of printing. Money was flush again, the right people were happy and wealthy, and all was good, knowing all too well that the bubble would pop, and America would be brought to it's knees, or, "up to their eyeballs in debt".

Now, the $10 trillion dollar question. What's next?

www.newyorkfed.org...
www.apfn.org...
www.tacomapjh.org...
socrates.berkeley.edu...
www.globalresearch.ca...

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by doctordoom

Good thread! I just finished reading this part in Armed Madhouse by Greg Palast. It's crazy and I just don't understand why it's important enough to kill thousands of people over, but I guess to those select few who like to control everything do.

Have you ever read that book? He talks about the petrodollars and what went on in Ecuador and Argentina and now Iraq. You should research what the US is doing to a group called MEND (Movement for the Emancipation of Niger Delta), it goes along quite well with this topic, and is pretty F-ed up if you ask me. I was going to send them money, but they're now classified as a terrorist group. If those are the types of "terrorist groups" we're fighting then this war is complete BS.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   

14 December 2008

Saudi Arabia's foreign assets could increase more than twofold to nearly $878 billion (Dh3.22 trillion) at the end of 2010 because of massive fiscal surpluses spawned by a surge in its petrodollar income, according to a Saudi Bank.

www.zawya.com...$878B%20In%202010

Petrodollars refers to the money that Middle Eastern countries and members of OPEC receive as revenue from Western nations and then put back into those same nations' banks. For example if Libya were to receive money from the U.S. for oil and then put the money into a U.S. bank, that deposited money is referred to as petrodollars.
www.investopedia.com...

Some countries have created SWF to diversify their revenue streams. For example, United Arab Emirates (UAE) relies on its oil exports for its wealth; therefore, it devotes a portion of its reserves in an SWF that invests in other types of assets that can act as a shield against oil-related risk.

Sovereign Wealth Fund - SWF
The amount of money in these SWF is substantial. As of May 2007, the UAE's fund was worth more than $875 billion. The estimated value of all SWF is pegged to be $2.5 trillion.
www.investopedia.com...

So, maybe I have shown how a $700 billion injection into the banking system, never made it to the people. It was collected through the sovereign wealth funds, and the price of oil was brought back down.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Total Reality

Good thread! I just finished reading this part in Armed Madhouse by Greg Palast. It's crazy and I just don't understand why it's important enough to kill thousands of people over, but I guess to those select few who like to control everything do.

Have you ever read that book? He talks about the petrodollars and what went on in Ecuador and Argentina and now Iraq.

Thanks for your input!.

Remember the missing Leo Wanta trillions$. It supposedly went to a rich Saudi investor, but the US was never credited for the payment.

And how about the Rumsfeld admitted missing 2.3 trillion$ Sept 10, 2001.

And where did the gold from under the WTC go?

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Yes I'd like to know where a lot of the money that's missing went. Along with the 700 billion they stole from us. I think the trillions were used to help fund the attacks which is why they said "it doesn't matter how the terrorists were funded" and probably some of it is in some of those people's bank accounts... It's amazing to me and maddening.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Total Reality

Is this what the world has come to? Is it only about money and power?

It seems that we are caught in a trap.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Well if you have a lot of money you can control a lot of other things that go on in the world. It's not the money directly, IMO, it's what they can do with it.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   

You make a very strong case. We cannot be 100% sure it was an inside job but all the circumstantial evidence points in that direction. The targets hit seem way too non-coincidental and the 9-11 commission report was severly lacking.

They used the september 9, 2001 attacks as a platform to invade afghanistan and iraq. If they had only attacked afghanistan I could have gone along with that but invading iraq a few years later under false pretenses made the USA and Britain loose what little credibility they had left.

[edit on 14-12-2008 by EarthCitizen07]

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Total Reality
Well if you have a lot of money you can control a lot of other things that go on in the world. It's not the money directly, IMO, it's what they can do with it.

If you have money then you have everything. With a trillion dollars you certainly win loyalty. Sad but true and to think otherwise is naive!

American agents did not attack america. In all likelyhood al-queda was under contract by the cia and besides they owed a favor or two going back to the soviet occupation of afghanistan.

The terrorist families and everyone else involved got paid hansomely.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
No doubt they got really paid. But I think it was so that they would keep quiet while the government blamed them for the attack. That's just my opinion because I think 9/11 was an inside job.

Maybe it's just because I've never been rich but at some point don't you ever have enough? Like when you're at the point where you could feed all the starving people in Africa, isn't that enough?? I know in their minds it's not but it's just maddening to think about...

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Total Reality

It was an inside job, no arguement there. However the USA government did not directly attack its own citizens. They outsourced the job to al-queda. Al-queda has always hated the west and has been pro-islamofascism, much like todays iranian regime. The only difference is that now they get paid to destroy. They and hezbollah are the modern day Judas if you will.

Al-queda serves the USA and hezbollah serves Israel. Both organizations pretend to hate their "sworn-enemies" and in the lower ranks many believe this but a few wise people at the top know better.

Why do you think Bin Laden remains free? The american coalition has all the money and resources at their disposal so if they wanted him dead or in prison, justice would have been served a long time ago.

By prolonging the fake "war on terror" billions of tax payer dollars will be heading to the military-industrial complex to spend as they wish. America and europe need at least one conflict(real or not is immaterial) per decade just to keep the economy going, or more correctly to make the elite a bit more elite and the poor a bit more poor.....

new topics

top topics

join