It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

strange creature photographed at Argentina Airport

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
it looks like the first creature in this video.

www.ebaumsworld.com...

i do not know anything about photo shop so i could not tell anyone if its real or a hoax.

the video also shows the same creature later in the video.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sliick
OMG A real geonosian!!!!

Very bad hoax.

My money is going with this explaination.
and in doing so now retract part of my origional post stating that I am not trying too debunk this.

As I said on page one, the image just doesn't fit the background in both contrast and brightness.
It seems that a CGI image has been cut and pasted into a real life BG.

Even though the image above of the Geonosian isn't the exact pose as the figure in the OP image, just remember that it is an artists interpretation of how a Geonosian should appear in the movie.

Now, if we had some real die hard Star Wars fans that have watched the movie recently, they maybe able too tell us the scene that this CGI image was lifted and/or maybe provide us a capture of it.

Fox.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
It's one of them flying monkeys from the wizard of oz........

But seriously, if its not a fake its probably a flying insect close to the lens. Unless its a fairy dragon

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by fox_3000au

Nah, Mega Star Wars Nerd AND Photoshop Jedi here. The blur and focus are consistent with an unretouched digital photo, there is no visible evidence that this isn't a real picture of something. Could be a garbage bag stuck to the propeller, a stuffed animal being tossed, a plucked seagull, a wasp, OR an alien entity. It's blurred by motion and out of focus due to its proximity to the camera.

It's hard to tell, I'll admit - but I don't think that it's "impossible" to identify.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Teratoma

It looks like a monkey to me as well, one arm swinging from something and the left arm flapping back and forth, creating the blurring.
Here is the same pic inverted, which makes it look even more like a monkey to me.
btw, not all of them have tails.

edited to add original for side/side compairson

[edit on 12/12/2008 by Kr0n0s]

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Looks like the infamous Jesery Devil:

[edit on 12-12-2008 by Jinni]

[edit on 12-12-2008 by Jinni]

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by easynow

it looks like the sun reflection off the "head" is consistant with the plane.

pretty cool pic and have no clue what it is.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
It appears to be a blurry picture of a bird extending its legs

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by easynow

You have my vote. If real and it appears to be, my first thought matches yours. It is very close to the lens and therefore small. An insect is very likely. Judging by how close to the lens it appears to be a wasp was my first thought.

If I found it in a photo I'd taken I'd assume that and delete it, not post it on the Internet. People are really grasping at straws these days.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
It looks like a wasp lying into the lens. the darker part at the front is the head, you can see the black and yellow striping on the abdomen, and I can make out 4 legs.

Anybody else see it?

Like this, but flying, with the legs dangling....

[edit on 12-12-2008 by '___'eviant]

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I think I saw donald duck........

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

Originally posted by Krollspell
Maybe the entity is blurred from motionblur, because it's moving very fast? That was what I thought when I saw the pic, anyway.

Maybe, but it would have to be extraordinarily close to the camera for that to be the case, and spikedmilk made a good case about it being translucent. If it wasnt translucent, wouldnt it be leaving a shadow like the plane to the left of it clearly is?

In this case, EVEN I am 100% determined it's a sham.

I hate these things.. Yet like secret cafes on mars, they appear and people gobble them up with even less a clue in their tinkering think tanks then to wake their cows...

Gosh darn it.. and DAMN for good measure..

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I don't know, I think it looks like a wasp or some other bug that is very close to the camera, imho.

But I'm no expert.

[edit on 12/12/2008 by chickenshoes]

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bluebird69

YOUR DOG NEEDS A PET!!!

*pets woofy*

Awww I wanna snuggle pooch...

Mine died.. 8[

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
proof...

MANBEARPIG exists

ha.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Teratoma
reply to post by Grock

No offense, but if you agree that it's not worth bothering with then why did you post? The people participating in the thread obviously think it's worth their time. Personally, as much as I'd love for this to be something anomalous, if it turns out to be something completely mundane I'll still feel like this is a perfectly fine way to spend time. It sharpens the eye and the ol' sleuthing skills.

Actually i do take offense. Do you attack all the other inane suggestions as well or just mine? You imply that im not participating, spending my time well, not keeping or sharpening my eye, and that im interrupting your sleuthing. Why so defensive? Did i injure you? Ill remember to pull my punches with you in the future.

(by the way, i never said it wasnt worth bothering with, your words not mine) i just stated that more information is in order...

Sorry i interupted your ego by standing with a previous poster. Ill be a little quieter with my opinions while you have the floor oh great one.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Are they wings??

Looks like a faerie maybe..

[edit on 13/12/08 by pretty_vacant]

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grock

(by the way, i never said it wasnt worth bothering with, your words not mine) i just stated that more information is in order...

Actually, you said that you agreed with Nohup, who said "it's useless and pointless to even bother with". That implies that you think that "bothering" with this is not time well spent.

If you want to take offense and consider what I said and "attack" that's all you.

Talk about being defensive.

[edit - tags]

[edit on 12/13/2008 by Teratoma]

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
HAHA you paranoid idiots its a #ing bird.

you know when you take a photo and theres motion blur, look its got legs like a chicken and wings.... its out of focus because its too close to the camera which is set to take photos at a greater distance and out of focus.

Want to hear about something thats plauseable you dumb yanks, google up the ufo sighting in sydney on google earth.

Google earth just accepted that it was infact a genuine UFO and shouldnt be there. It was in the paper.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
There are very many indigenous birds in that part of the world that fit the bill, as for the trailing thing, it looks as if to me it has a small snake or, "Yes" a frog in it's beak.
Here's a hawk that can be found there in flight.

Here is a "Paint" over draw I did to show my theory:

Some statistics about this bird-photo site:
It contains 3,306 photos covering 418 bird species.
(Argentina hosts about 1,000 different species of birds.)

www.fotosaves.com.ar...

Personally don't think it is a "Missing Link" or "Other worldly" in nature. But, then again, I could be seeing too much into this photo? IMHO..

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join