It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A close encounter in Berkshire, England

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   

On the morning of 4 September, 1967, people began finding 'flying saucers' which appeared to have landed in the UK. Historian John Keeling wants to hear from anyone who remembers the two UFOs found in Berkshire.

BBC Source

This is local to me so I will be asking around to see if anyone I know remembers this. It’s pretty bizarre and I have personally never heard of anything like this before therefore it does make me think hoax but who knows, has anyone here heard of anything similar before?

[edit on 8-12-2008 by android]

[edit on 8-12-2008 by android]

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by android

it say's right in the article it was a HOAX...lol

It was 12 hours before the 'alien invasion' was revealed to be a giant hoax by engineer apprentices at the Royal Aircraft Establishment in Farnborough.

John said: "The news had spread to Canada, America, even India. But it had all been carried out by some students.
"They staged an alien invasion of Britain for £30."

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by easynow

Yeah I did see that but there is still some interest in this so some people at least are not sure it was a hoax.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by android

well it would make a good conspiracy story of course if the hoax label was put out to the public as a cover story ?

if it was really a hoax why would the guy want to right a book about it is what i am wondering

join