It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IS there such thing a Area 19?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   

IS there such thing a Area 19?

I was just googling stuff about area 51 and when i was on a website about it while i was reading i noticed that there was a link about Area 19.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Area 19

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I was just googling stuff about area 51 and when i was on a website about it while i was reading i noticed that there was a link about Area 19. When i read about it, it just had little info. The website never even said where Area 19 was located.

so if you find any information about the locationof the area and if you have any information about Area 19 please post a message.

here's the website I was on: www.area51zone.com...

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
you're right it doesnt show a location

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
There are over a hundred designated places, with a number assigned to the area. These are testing facilities, to storage locations. The designator area 34, or 51, and 19 is a simple identifier of these places.

There was a thread some time ago, asking about the different areas. I posted a link showing photos and locations of many of them. I can't seem to find it right now, but is was fairly interesting.

The oddest one to me at least, was a shack and generator with a fence around it.

If I can find it again will be sure to post.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Link to more complete statements

Looks like most of what's on the area51zone site is from here. Still not much to go on, though.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Here is a section of a map I have of NTS (Nevada Test Site) showing Area 19. Like the mod said above, it is just one of many sections/areas in this range.

"Area 19 — This area, within the Nuclear Test Zone, occupies 388 km2 (150 mi2) in the northwest corner of the NTS. Area 19 was developed for high-yield underground nuclear tests. No atmospheric nuclear tests were conducted in Area 19. From the mid-1960s through 1992, a total of 35 underground nuclear tests were conducted."

[edit on 27-11-2008 by FosterVS]

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by FosterVS

Does that map exist on the internet, that is, other than the one I scanned?
nts map

Most of the folklore regarding Area 19 is where the power lines terminate, leading to endless speculation about an underground base. Roughly
N37.347968 W116.322854
The folklore about Area 19 is further embellished because it is not on the NTS tour.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by PG1946

That website is just a collection of stolen photographs, plus some stolen text from Tom Mahood. It isn't worth surfing since it provides income to a photo thief.

I elaborated in my other post regarding Area 19. It isn't worth the effort to discuss it. Now granted, it is a very hard spot on the range to photograph. You would probably have to climb Nixon Peak near the TTR, and even then the view is dicey.

The intent was to move the underground tests further away from Vegas, so they picked the northern most part of the NTS for high yield tests. However, the shaking are still too much as far as Vegas was concerned.

Project Faultless (quite a few sites cover it, including mine) was one of the attempts to really move the testing further north since it is off the NTS, but the ground isn't suitable for nuclear tests.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by gariac

Does that map exist on the internet, that is, other than the one I scanned?
nts map

Nope , that is a snip of the image I glommed off you

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   

That's fine, but as you know, my scan is not so good. That is the same map they have on the wall in the cafeteria of the NTS, so it is a public document of sorts. My copy came from a Yucca Mountain tour package. I thought it was hilarious when there was all this speculation on the internet about the location of trunk radio sites, while I had the map with the locations on it that was probably made by Motorola.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
OP, as advisor stated, the physical existence of Area 19 is obvious. As to whether or not there is a secret military installation there, now, that is the question of the day.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Wasn't there a Hanger 19 at Wright Patterson? or was that Hanger 18? I have never heard of Area 19, but I guess there could be . . .

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I would only imagine that if there is an Area 51 there is an Area 1-51 and probably even higher.

Seems like Area 1 would contain the top secret stuff though.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
mel, I think you are thinking of Hanger 18 @ Area 51.

blowfish, that entire area is divided up geographically into "areas." The base just so happened to have been built on Area 51. A few miles either way would have changed the number.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
This seems to be the location marked as 19-14C on the map:

37.321384°, -116.309005°

[edit on 11/29/2008 by Phage]

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I worked at the nevada test site from 1987,to 1990...there are many areas,including area 51..most are nothing unusual..some are...during the years of 1988 and 1989,russian spies tried to gain access to sensitive areas,we were briefed on this,but were still approached a number of times...underground blasts created huge caverns hundreds of feet below the surface..all of these were off limits to anyone trying to approach them,as you could fall into them..if you lived there is no telling what you would have found..so yes,there are areas that have some very strange things going on,but you wont find it at google earth...

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by mikerarke

I recall seeing signs such as "potential crater" or something to that effect. That is, the nuke went off, but the crater never formed.

I think way at the bottom of the secrecy list of the NTS are the area numbers. The only place I saw Area 51 on a NTS map was in CP1.

Area 52 is the TTR. Now the TTR has it's own set of areas, so you need to be careful with the numbers. Area 58 is the Central Nevada Test Site (Project Faultless). Area 13 is visible from Tikaboo, and is the location of Project 57.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   
There is a Range 19 that is a high security weapons lab in NC, on FT. Bragg

new topics

top topics

join