It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Skips Church for Gym

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by EyesWideShut
This just in!!! Obama eats a stringbean!!!... Cut it out , McCain lost. Get over it!

I bet there are some on this board who are just waiting for Obama to eat a falafel or some hummus:

Obama eats falafel; Proof he's a secret Muslim

Some people on this site fit the definition of obsessive stalkers.

[edit on 24-11-2008 by clay2 baraka]

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by LowLevelMason
Frankly, I don't care what religion any President is. But if you are going to claim to be a Christian in order to get their votes, you need to be one. Don't fake it for political gain.

You have to go to church to be a believer? OK, here's one:

Islamic Republic of Iran's President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad left a press conference near noon time in Istanbul Friday to attend Turkish historic city's Friday prayer rituals at Sultan Ahmad Mosque.

www2.irna.ir...

You want to trade leaders?

Nice attempt to completely take things out of context.

Obama obviously thinks its important to go to church - or so he projected - because he made a big deal out of pointing out his attendance during his campaign. So much so that it backfired due to Rev. Wright. To attend services religiously, pardon the pun, and then stop going as soon as you win, strongly suggests it was merely a political ploy.

Personally, I also don't care what the religion of any government leader is. But if he chooses to make it a issue and goes through public displays religion, I expect him to be consistent and honest about it.

Of course in reality it was all just a campaign ploy to get black church voters. You have to act Christian to win national elections in the US, even if you are not. Its not unusual really, but just another sign that this isn't the "change" we can believe in.

Obama's faithful followers can try to dismiss every story about him that comes up, but its not going to work.

[edit on 24-11-2008 by LowLevelMason]

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
More men than women skip church for everything from a hangover to golf to a football game on TV....

... this is a non-story and another implied smear. Goodbye.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Frankly, I don't care what religion any President is. But if you are going to claim to be a Christian in order to get their votes, you need to be one. Don't fake it for political gain.

You have to go to church to be a believer? OK, here's one:

Islamic Republic of Iran's President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad left a press conference near noon time in Istanbul Friday to attend Turkish historic city's Friday prayer rituals at Sultan Ahmad Mosque.

www2.irna.ir...

You want to trade leaders?

Nice attempt to completely take things out of context.

Not out of context at all. Reread my post. How is he faking it? How do you know?

Of course in reality it was all just a campaign ploy to get black church voters. You have to act Christian to win national elections in the US, even if you are not. Its not unusual really, but just another sign that this isn't the "change" we can believe in.

OR, don't claim something because YOU have an agenda. I see no "change" here at ATS as well.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

I don't even go to church, I can not afford it

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Evangelicals voting for Obama?

Yes I'm sure the all three of them are steaming at this news.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Read it again. Your agenda is so obvious its laughable.

I never proclaimed I cared at all what Obama's religion is. I do care that the President of the Untied States is honest and consistent. If he CHOOSES to make his religious views public and use it on the campaign trail, as he has, then I DO expect him to remain honest about whatever it is he may believe.

COLUMBIA, South Carolina (CNN) — Sen. Barack Obama, who has been emphasizing his faith as a way to reach out to black voters in South Carolina attended two Baptist churches here on Sunday morning, one predominantly black and one predominantly white. Obama attended both services, but did not speak.
Obama's staff in South Carolina is in the midst of a grassroots effort called "40 Days of Faith and Family," which is promoting the candidate's faith through Bible study groups, house meetings and Gospel concerts across the state.

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...

Obama took the stage and launched into a riff about his Kenyan father, his Kansan mother and the name few knew how to pronounce. He dropped in references to his Harvard education, his attendance at church and his two young girls.

www.washingtonpost.com...

Obviously Obama believes attending church is important for his faith and family, else he wouldn't do this and his staff would not promote it as such.

So yes, it is extremely indicative that this is not CHANGE WE CAN BELIEVE IN when he drops it as soon as he wins the election.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   

So yes, it is extremely indicative that this is not CHANGE WE CAN BELIEVE IN when he drops it as soon as he wins the election.

Again my questions remain. How do you know he's "dropping" his religion? Do you have access to his every waking moment? You do know that you don't have to go to church to practice your faith. He's getting ready to take over the reigns of the most influencial nation on the planet, maybe he had his religious fix at another time.

As for it being a campaign ploy, I have no doubt about it. They all do this. To harp on every little thing screams of sour grapes to me though.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
hmmm...i wonder what the title of this thread would've been had obama attended sunday mass, saturday nite mass, wednesday evening mass, and thursday afternoon mass?
oh, i know. " obama's pretending to be christian"
oh, wait. i'm assuming what's going on in someone else's mind?
how presumptious of me. sorry, its happening a lot lately.
obama can't win for losing.
oh well, they're should be a website devoted solely to obama related conspiracies and assumptions about someone only his family and friends truly know.
oh, snap! there's already one.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Sigh.

1) Obama has used his religious views as a campaign tactic to get votes by making his faith part of the campaign.
2) Part of those religious views is his personal professions belief that attending church is important for him, which has also be advocated by his campaign staff.
3) While campaigning, Obama was a devoted church attendee because of point 2.
4) As soon as he wins, mystically its no longer a big deal and he would prefer to go to the gym.

Follow the logic.

If Obama hadn't made his religious views part of the campaign then it would not matter at all.

You call it sour grapes, I call what your doing kool-aid drinking. If you agree its a campaign ploy, then why do you continue to argue otherwise?

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   

You call it sour grapes, I call what your doing kool-aid drinking.

You should do a little research before posting. I'm Canadian, I have no dog in this fight. I'm just denying ignorance. It also get tiring reading all of these inane threads about ALL the politicians that have little basis in reality.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Presidency obligations vs religious preferences

Apples vs oranges

Church is not always the optimal place for a person to come closer to GOD.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   

I've done quite a bit. You have a overt bias - and it would be embracing ignorance to think that non US citizens can not have a political bias for US political candidates.

This is a clear case of it. This is a salient political issue for those of us who want our political leaders to be honest if they choose to share their personal views in order to get campaign votes. If it is not an issue for you, then that's great.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   

I've done quite a bit. You have a overt bias - and it would be embracing ignorance to think that non US citizens can not have a political bias for US political candidates.

Uh huh. I guess you missed my numerous posts saying that Romney was the best choice. Where's the bias? Oh, and when did I become part of the topic?

This is a salient political issue for those of us who want our political leaders to be honest if they choose to share their personal views in order to get campaign votes.

I think you are looking for Utopia here. That's NEVER going to happen. Another thing that WILL happen though is that if you look hard enough you will find anything to get your britches in a bunch.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
(Disclaimer) I could care less

I just chalk it up to another (Hmmm. That just doesn't look good.)

These guys have a slew of advisors, and I often wonder just what these guys are thinking. Let me share a few examples.

Giving a speech in Berlin at a monument that Hitler felt so strongly about that he had it moved from the Reichstag - that doesn't look good.

Perpetuating the idea of a Mandatroy civil Service while a growing portion of the population is comparing you to Hitler - that doesn't look good

Sending your entire press party to chicago against their wishes so that you can have some private time outside of the purvue of the media while Bilderberg is in town - that doesn't look good.

Failing to provide your "Birth Certificate" when your constituency is questioning as to wether you are qualified to hold the office of the Presidency - that doesn't look good

Favoring the gym above church when a growing part of the populace is comparing you to the coming anti-Christ - that doesnt look good.

It's not likes hes the first to do things that raise the Hmm flag. Just more of the same. No great change here people.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Token support in order to give the illusion of being neutral is always a way to get the less intelligent among us to believe you - I don't fall for it. You are in just about every Obama thread - across different forums, too, screaming that any critique of Obama is sour grapes and how dare anyone question the man. In fact, in another thread you called the entire board childish because some posters thought selling plates and coins honoring Barack Obama was a bit premature. Thank god you don't moderate political forums. You became a topic when you go around claiming that this is simply "sour grapes." You don't get to make such sweeping generalizations without being called out on your bias.

The argument that "well you'll never be happy" doesn't really work, either. As a voter certain things are important to me, and other things are not. Its not really up to you to tell me that you disapprove of my standards for what I look for in a political candidate. There are plenty of candidates - Democrats and Republicans - who are capable of being honest about their personal views or simply choosing not to share them. Obama is not one of them. If thats OK with you, yippie for you. Its not OK with me, and your opinion about my views just really could not matter less.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Oh please....Jesus IS church!

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Token support in order to give the illusion of being neutral is always a way to get the less intelligent among us to believe you - I don't fall for it. You are in just about every Obama thread - across different forums, too, screaming that any critique of Obama is sour grapes and how dare anyone question the man.

OK, so I'm the topic now. No prob. I guess you missed my post in the Palin turkey thread questioning the validity in that one. You either need to unplug for a bit, be more subjective or come down off of your high horse and see things as they are, not as you would have them.

Thank god you don't moderate political forums.

I moderate ALL the forums. Same as any other Super.

You became a topic when you go around claiming that this is simply "sour grapes." You don't get to make such sweeping generalizations without being called out on your bias.

Apperently so, that's why I'm going to take this one post, that's off topic imo, to answer this so we don't have to go through this again.

There are plenty of candidates - Democrats and Republicans - who are capable of being honest about their personal views or simply choosing not to share them. Obama is not one of them.

No, my post was that you would have to walk a mile of glass to find a politician that's honest.

If thats OK with you, yippie for you. Its not OK with me, and your opinion about my views just really could not matter less.

No, it's not OK with me, it's reality. For someone that doesn't care for my opinion you really are spending a lot of time trying to decry them.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by LowLevelMason

Where were you when another political figure that won the elections in 2004 thanks to the fundamentalist vote did the same thing.

I forgot, we are bashing Obama this time for his religious obligations to those that gave him the vote.

Hey write your disappointment to congress and when Obama is in the white house you can send him and E-mail demanding an explanation.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I think he should try and join Westboro Baptist

In all seriousness though, who cares?

<< 1    3  4 >>

join