It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ultimate Snub Fest: World Leaders Refuse to Shake Bush's Hand During G20 Photo-Op

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
This was just preemptive snubbing by Bush to the G-20.

I know people are annoyed by the lack of courtesy, but really, the rest of the world leaders are looking at Bush representing the country that just made everybody else poorer -- or at least, that is how they will sell it to their constituents.

So basically, do YOU want a photo-op next to the guy who sent your VOTERS to the poor house?

Now you should read this as; World Leaders realize that things are about to get worse, and they do not want to be seen with the guy everyone is going to blame.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Getting back to the original subject of this thread....did any of you notice that no one even LOOKED at Bush? They looked away from him like he wasn't even there.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   

and I blame the US people for putting him in power!

The people of the United States did NOT put him in power, that was the crooked Diebold, and NeoCons who would stop at nothing to get him in to do their bidding.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I don't know if this has been mentioned because at the moment I don't have time to read the entire thread, but he wasn't actually snubbed by anyone, at least not according to the White House and the news story I saw this morning. Bush had arrived early and had already met with and shook the hands of pretty much everyone there several times already. So later on those who had just arrived shook hands and greeted one another. Bush had already been welcomed and both he and the other world leaders didn't see the point of doing it all over again. I personally would find it hilarious if he had been snubbed, but in actuality, it seems that he probably wasn't snubbed by anyone.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
If you take the MSM's reporting at face value, you're a dope. Here's a rebuttal to what actually happened. Perhaps this is how Obama got elected:

"Oops! Bush Wasn't Snubbed at the G20 After All"

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by staticfl

That is the exact CNN piece I was referring to, thanks for posting it. Maybe that will clear this up a bit.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I wouldn't shake his hand either. F*@& Em.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I think it's a lost cause, trying to point out that Bush already greeted all the other leaders. Everyone wants to believe so badly that Bush got the cold shoulder, they'll ignore everything showing that he didn't.

Sadly, many people don't realize that you can't deny ignorance if you're ignorant to half the thread. I wonder how many posts after this one will be another, "Good, he deserves it!" or "Wow, that was mean of them!" post.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by HIFIGUY

shabby, shabby journalism. As i said before (I presumed he'd already shaken hands with the other leaders but hadn't seen hifiguy's footage), Sanchez should be reprimanded. He said Bush was 'like the kid at school with cooties'.

They've humiliated the President of their nation (not that I like the guy myself) publicly by showing this highly disingenuous footage. They're also trying to stir the flames of joe 6-pk, middle-American antipathy towards the rest of the world, during a very difficult time.

Its shabby and unprofessional at best. You guys in USA should make a big deal out of this imo -- its really not acceptable behaviour from a MSM outlet. CNN's rep

[edit on 21-11-2008 by eniac]

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
On the one hand, I think he's absolute scum.

On the other, had I the opportunity to meet him, I would still shake his hand!

Originally posted by eniac
reply to post by HIFIGUY

shabby, shabby journalism. As i said before (I presumed he'd already shaken hands with the other leaders but hadn't seen hifiguy's footage), Sanchez should be reprimanded. He said Bush was 'like the kid at school with cooties'.

They've humiliated the President of their nation (not that I like the guy myself) publicly by showing this highly disingenuous footage. They're also trying to stir the flames of joe 6-pk, middle-American antipathy towards the rest of the world, during a very difficult time.

Its shabby and unprofessional at best. You guys in USA should make a big deal out of this imo -- its really not acceptable behaviour from a MSM outlet. CNN's rep

[edit on 21-11-2008 by eniac]

He was just remarking on how he looked, not saying that he actually had cooties. He looks dejected and honestly, he looks childish, looking at the ground and shuffling his feet. Take your spin elsewhere.

[edit on 21-11-2008 by sadisticwoman]

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
How is that spin?

That's exactly what happened. Some guy on CNN showed a video, deliberately out of context, and used it to try and sway people's opinions in a negative way.

That's unacceptable. Whether his target was one of the most evil people walking the earth today or not, there is still no excuse for intentionally bad journalism. That sort of racket should be left to the National Enquirer.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by mattifikation

He was feeling SORRY for him.

Christ, can anyone keep themselves from attacking people they disagree with for arbitrary reasons?

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by sadisticwoman
Take your spin elsewhere.

You're one to talk about attacking people.

I was merely responding to that line, where you took it upon yourself to take somebody's observation, declare it spin, and then banish it from your presence.

It's not spin if it's the truth.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I saw that on the Daily Show, I thought "What a jerk" (meaning Bush) because I thought he was giving them the cold shoulder.

Was hilarious!

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I wonder if the world leaders would behave similarly with Obama!

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by foremanator
I must say that I am by no means a "bush fan".
But honestly what I just seen was sad. The man still represents America. They should have sucked it up and shook his hand. At the very least show him the respect that he did not show them.

That man *does not* represent America. He is a phucking mass murderer, a tyrant, a walking disease.

I keep hoping the secret service will come to their senses and render this administration to the Hague for trial. Or better yet, the SS should render these criminals to a sercret prison, let them rot for a dozen years and then try them by military tribunal.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by anonymousATS

Being that he is the President, and he is meeting with such world leaders, he is in fact acting as a representative of America.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Sometimes too much is read into small things, but I believe the snub was a wake up call for Bush that he does not rule the world

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by sunny_2008ny

HE WASN'T SNUBBED! READ THE THREAD!!!

Jebus Cripes. I said it would happen, didn't I?

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I would deduct that the G20 couldn't overlook the fact that the entire reason for the meeting was due to the USA scamming the rest of the world and causing this economic crisis to begin with.

I'm certain many of the G20 leaders arent exactly happy with the American mortgage backed securities aka gold plated turds they're now stuck with as Bush soon rides off to his Texas ranch with a very comfortable retirement account.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join