It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Y-12 Plant at ORNL Lab?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
How top secret is the Y-12 Nuclear storage facility in Oak Ridge National Lab is?

Do people here have an insight about this?

Thx.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
If it helps any, I live ~85-90 miles from Oak Ridge by highway and never heard of that particular site.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I live 40 miles from Oak Ridge in Jefferson County. My Grandfather worked there during WW II.
Y12 has a visitors center in the city of Oak Ridge that tells the story of nuclear weapons development (at K-25) and scientific research done there. If you are an American citizen (and hold a valid passport) you can visit the facility on a certain weekend in July (no cameras though). It is interesting. Once you get in there it is fairly boring other than the history, which is very interesting. They also have the new Spalatial Neutron Source, which is very interesting if your into molecular and atomical science.
Sure there is classified stuff there, but you can literally walk right up to the gate. It is all research and devlopment for Uncle Sam (and funding isn't that great either). Go check it out!!! It is a great part of American history.

new topics

join