It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush considers writing book on his regrets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Bush considers writing book on his regrets

www.cnn.com

"I regret saying some things I shouldn't have said," Bush told CNN's Heidi Collins when asked to reflect on his regrets over his two terms as president. "Like 'dead or alive' and 'bring 'em on.' My wife reminded me that, hey, as president of the United States, be careful what you say."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I wonder all the regrets he has... I can probably name more for him then he can for himself. But most certainly i won't buy his book. I will not put more money into that thief pocket.

So, anyone on ATS that would buy his book? It would certainly stink of his filth.

Also, quick question. You think Bush is capable of writing a book?

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Writing his own book....

I don't think any President writes his own book.

I would buy it because I think it will be interesting to learn as to why he regrets certain things. Knowledge is power. I also don't think he would keep the money. Hell, he has enough money to last him many lifetimes.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
It'll either be the shortest book in history, or the longest depending on how honest he feels like being. That being said it will probably be difficult to wade through without the use of a translator or spell checker....

And I most certainly would not buy it. I'll wait until somebody puts it in ebook format and uploads it to a free site. I wouldn't be caught dead handing my money over to that dictatorial bastard.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

I guess it would be pretty interesting to see what that idiot would put in his book i presume. I can see it now, all the lies and "feel bad for me" stuff.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
As of yet, no publisher has asked.
I think that's a first.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
Writing his own book....

I don't think any President writes his own book.

Actually plenty do. Most past presidents were also authors. They just don't write their books while in office. They're being paid to be president, not sit around and type all day.

I don't know if President Bush's ideas of regrets are the same as most of us would think. I doubt he'll apologize for his big transgressions, human rights abuses, etc. He'll probably just fill it with misspeaks and little slip ups that no one really noticed.

How better to detract attention from his major screw-ups than by focusing everyone's attention on the little things?

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I like how Bush says hes going to write about his regrets over stupid things hes SAID. Notice he isnt talking about writing of his almost complete decimation of America, from its standing in the world to its economy. He just wants to rehash the dumb things hes said.As Homer Simpson would say "doh!!"

Even if its just the stupid statements that would have to be a long book. Redundant too. If its all of his stupidity over the last eight years it would have to be separated into volumes. He obviously isn't going to write it himself, I doubt he's written or read anything since middle school.

I agree that putting any more money into his pockets would be a bad thing. Not that it really matters, hes just a pawn as much as any of the rest of our politicians. I think that book would be one of the least interesting and least informative books ever. Maybe they have an award for that.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I wonder if it will be as long as War and Peace. I of course will not read this book, because I am certain it's full of the same b.s. we've been experiencing since the beginning of his regime.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Now that would be one BIG book!

We had to listened to Bush say and do dumb things for 8 years, that's enough for me. I certainly don't want to re-live those years!

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 05:10 AM
link   
wow bush writing a book about his regrets.i really do hope its a massive book.then at least we know hes honest.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I hope someone else ghostwrites it for him, or it will be totally incomprehensible! (not even kidding) I don't think I'd buy such a thing, since it's already fairly clear where his mistakes were. It doesn't really matter what Bush thinks his own mistakes are or what he regrets, since I don't respect his opinion at all.

I just hope that one of his regrets is 'running in 2000 and 2004'. It wouldn't change anything, but I might feel a little better if he admitted he was a disaster and shouldn't have run.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
He can write? Now, THAT is news.

I wonder how many regrets he has. After all, he is the man who never admits being wrong.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Why would anyone want to read what a “liar” has to say?
The man has never told the truth about anything. Bush is a pathological liar and would not know the truth if it hit him in the face. His book will be the biggest book “flop” of the year.

top topics

join