It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Specialized Collection Service

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
These guys don't collect debts. Rather, they covertly tap foreign data networks.

Google Earth
N39.045396 W76.856903

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
How do I get into this line of work? What kind of a resume do these guys look at..... 5 years of hacking, 3 years anti-hacking. I'm sure there are dozens of these companies sub-contracting for the dozen or so US "Intelligence" Agencies

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
It looks like there is only one way in, and one way out.

Interesting...

EDIT - I meant to the facility, but I guess it applies to the job also.

[edit on 11/11/08 by emsed1]

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Wow.....sounds great!

SCS

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by dashen

If it were strictly the NSA, then I would say get an electrical engineering or computer science degree. I had a little chat with the NSA recruiter years ago. Nothing scheduled, but I was in the area for another interview and the guy was trolling for engineering grads. He even laughed when I said "Oh, you mean'No Such Agency.'"

However, the SCS is a hybrid of the CIA and NSA. They do black bag jobs. So I would say to get into the SCS, you probably were both ex-military and in the NSA already. The NSA is really a bunch of geeks or translators.

Incidentally, I've heard ads for the CIA and NSA on a local radio station, but strictly for translators. Now for an alternative way into the NSA, you would get a job at one of their many many private sector partners. L-3 and Applied Signal Technology come to mind. I haven't checked lately, but there was and still may be a NSA officer on Applied Signal Technology's board of directors. They certainly don't hide the fact that they build spy gear.

Larry Ellison, Oracle CEO, is ex-CIA, so there is one example of a programmer going spook. He worked on Operation Oracle, then of course started a company based on what the CIA paid him to do. Note that the programmers, analysts and such are what you find at CIA HQ. Agents are handled differently.

If you already have the right degrees, the spooks advertise in the usual places (Monster, etc.) They also recruiting on their websites:

NSA
CIA

new topics

top topics

join