It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Military site in hills of Belfast Northern Ireland

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Secret Military site in hills of Belfast Northern Ireland

s
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I have lived near this place for about 4 years now and still to this day have no idea what this place is - It has 15ft high double fence around the area - Small location - There is 2 entrances one front and back - I have tried several times to find out what this place is and the local goverment office say it a water treatment plant.
But looking Via google earth there is no sign of any water treatment happening there or anything else . Can some please help me out on this one just to elay my fears as someone told me it was a missle lunch site from the 70's that is still very active.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
What are the Long- Lat coordinates for the site, I'd like to check it out. Also something didn't work out right on your link.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Unsure of how to get the cord off google earth - can someone please advise

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Yeah, just Add -> Placemark and the coords will come up in a new window.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
54.565089,-5.871474 Hopefully this should work - I have done some work since and found out that this location has no attachment to the power transformers just a short distance from it -

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Sceenshot of area.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Well, I was going to look into who owns the property, but I don't think that's publicly accessible as it is here in the states.

www.lrni.gov.uk...

Maybe someone here has access.

BTW, it is much clearer in google maps. Looks interesting, though, I doubt its a secret base of any kind. Maybe just a phone switch or something?

Edit: Nevermind, registration is free! I'll see what I can find, and maybe scope out a plot of land somewhere.

[edit on 11/6/2008 by Quasar]

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Thats just it i have looked up as to who owns this place - It is goverment owned but stated that it is a water treatment plant - Now really does it look like that - And as for a phone exchange this place is i a valley and there is already a phone exchange about 2 miles from here so that would count that out -
I have driven past the place serveral times and found that you can't stop near there or you will be asked to leave very quickley - I also have walked my dogs close to the area but again asked in a not so nice way to leave the area.
The people who ask you to leave are not armed but they are very much self protected with flak jackets and other items of self defence.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Strange. That's pretty high security. There is a few spots within the fence that looks to be owned by Castlereagh House. Is the building pictured on this website what it looks like from the road?

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
That Fence system certainly means business, Are all those lights in between the fences light up every night? And a Double gated main gate. A Water treatment plant wouldn't be this secure I would think. Unless their scared witless of Terrorists. Interesting place no doubt!

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Great detective work Quasar - Thats the place, thank you
As they say case closed

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Cool, thanks! It's still intriguing that they have such high security there, though. It looks like a pretty safe, rural area. To tell you to go away while your walking your dogs, or pulling your car over, might just be the big headed security guys acting tough.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I have a few more suspect sites in Northern Ireland I hope all of you can help me with
Details for the first one 54.611119,-6.016672 Unsure what it is but there is a massive radio mast and another encampment not too far away also if you look around the area there is another location that has a a 20ft high wall and fence

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
more to follow up on this place is not far from the last locations 54.620649, -6.003406

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
With there being a BBC facility just immediately to the south of both of those, I would hazard a guess that their all related to Broadcasting. It seems the BBC pad is double fenced as well, You guys still having problems with bombers and such these days?

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Still some nutters over here who think the way of the bomb is still the only way but this site 54.611119,-6.016672 is military and guarded by military and so is the other site. The BBC tower has another one of it friends about 6 miles away on another hill overlooking belfast.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by liammcnamara

Is this place anywhere near Moira?..Im supposed to be visiting and this could be added to my vacation of things to do..Thanks

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
About 20miles from Moria - I assume that you will be flying into the International Airport which is also RAF Aldergrove these sites are about 3-4 miles from there

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Sweet! the two of you should hook up, get all dressed in black and do a little recon! Be sure to get some good pics!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join