It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

wtf* is this thingy?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Nope. You clicked the link to the site where the photo comes from.
I posted the NASA site. It has a picture of a grind mark halfway down along with an explanation.
If you look at it, you can see that it is the same makeup as the one that started this thread.

ASA's Mars Exploration Rover Spirit took the images that make up this mosaic with its microscopic imager on sol 82. The mosaic reveals the drilled surface of the target called "New York" on the rock dubbed "Mazatzal."

[Edited on 30-3-2004 by Leveller]

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 04:12 PM
link   
its ''man''made I think because there are two cross-screws on it.
look on one of the right side.

[Edited on 30-3-2004 by MarkLuitzen]

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 04:14 PM
link   
could it be an imprint that just looks at if it's standing out but it's actually an indent, like one of thos optical illusion pictures of faces, as in this example

www.sandlotscience.com...

(you have to click on number 12, hollow mask)

[Edited on 30-3-2004 by pantha]

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 04:52 PM
link   
here is another example

which are pimples and which are dimples?

I don't know for sure what the "thingy" is but could this illusion be an explaination for what we are seeing?

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   
i have one question. although it does look like an imprint and i do believe it for two reason. the first is the little indendts are made from a phillips head screw if you press one on your skin you get the same marks. the second is if you look at the big picture where you can see the rovers wheel, its like 40 something on that link that was posted, you can tell by the shadows that it is an imprint. but my question is how did the imprint get there when the rovers tracks are no where near it? or at least from what i can tell.

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 04:57 PM
link   
it does look like an imprint to me aswell but what i find odd is if is an imprint, shouldn't there be entrance and exit marks, like the side scuffed slightly, but then again if the drill was (if it is a drill) lifted out very slowly and directly back in the same direction it would be perfect...hmmmm, the chances.
another observation, if it was an indent,print from something originaly concaved then the screw head marks would have the cross slot pertruding.

[Edited on 30/3/04 by Tetrahydro]

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 04:58 PM
link   
2 Theories, 1, a mars rovers landing modual landing site, 2, crop circle

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 05:08 PM
link   
at the rate they are coming out with controversial pictures like this one and the ones they have tried to not publish. The oceans,fossils etc. There is a very good chance they are working on full disclosure of the Alien presence.

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Its is the indentation made by the rovers grinding wheel. It isnt life on mars or anythig else. Check the JPL sites these pictures are all over both the Opportunity and the Spirit landing sites.

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 10:48 AM
link   
but its covered for half with dust and crap its just looks like something buried or a part of a crashed sateliet or rover from the past. don't think its an inprint because you will see the other side of the circle to.

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 11:16 AM
link   
senshido, here is 'heelstone' ats link.
A logical read/discustion(sp),
www.abovetopsecret.com...

S.

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 04:10 PM
link   
It could be anything I mean who knows.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 09:55 AM
link   
guys as its been pointed out this has been discussed before and it is an indention from the core sampler , for those of you that are still non beleivers look closely at this pic

athena.cornell.edu...

notice the two screw holes in the disk mounted atop of the fixture and please not how they line up exactly with the screw head impressions.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join