It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin good idea for next prseident?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Palin good idea for next prseident?

news.aol.com

But if McCain loses, next week's pow-wow will include who to groom as the next generation of conservative leaders. Yes, Palin will be at or near the top.
There's more than just a few rumors out there that conservatives and Sarah Palin fans are planning for a "Palin for President" move in 2012. In fact, some are even calling her "the new Ronald Reagan." Talks on this topic got even louder this week.

Don't laugh. It's true. Yes, she said being able to see Russia from her house gave her foreign policy cred, and yes, there's criticism that she's been a drag on the GOP ticket this year - including of course, even McCain's own people calling her a "whack job." But love her or hate her - she's energized a base that needed more than a little excitement that the 72-year-old McCain just couldn't quite rally himself, or with another older white guy.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
There are many rumors filtering throughout the internet about Palin being a presidential candidate for 2012. Now, I am a young 19 year old young women who would absolutely love to see a women as a president but I would never vote for Palin.
We all know that there is a lot of talk about the year 2012 and I think we would need a very open-minded president running. Not one who is way over religious. All of us have also seen the interviews with Katie Courick or whoever and how she answered to being vice-president. I made who look like she doesn't even know the duty of vice-president.
So with saying all of this and everything we know about her, would she be a good pick?

Frankly, I can't take her serious and would never vote for her.

news.aol.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Palin, with a lot of grooming for experience, could be a viable choice for 2012, but she isn't my first choice at all.

If it were up to me, I'd start getting JC Watts ready to run. I've been saying for two years now that he was the future of Conservatism in this country.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
How about a Romney/Palin ticket?

Going up against a Hillary/Bill Richards ticket?

The Dems will be happy to tuck Obama in a back room out of sight after the disastrous four years he is about to give us.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

JC Watts would be an excellent choice. Also keep an eye out for Bobby Jindal. He would have 4 years of gubanatorial experience in 2012, and I'm looking at him as an early frontrunner.

I think Palin is going to be key in 2010 helping Republicans take back the House of Representatives. Her efforts in the 2010 mid-term elections will get her a prominent place in a Republican administration in 2012. I just don't think she will be in line for the Presidency or Vice-President pick in 2012.

[edit on 5-11-2008 by RRconservative]

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Perhaps indeed Gov. Palin can start looking towards a serious run at the presidency in 2012 or, if the poll numbers somehow show Obama as being too popular to beat, in 2016. In the mean time though she should perhaps take some steps to bolster her electability by brushing up on the following presidential qualifications:

1.) Try to pump up her foreign policy expertise by watching lots of TV, especially the Travel Channel. Perhaps when she's ready she could book a flight to London and take a double-decker bus tour to see Big Ben.

2.) Increase her executive experience by becoming a boy scout den mother back in Wasilla. A stint as PTO president would just be icing on the cake.

3.) Get hold of a thesaurus and find a couple of alternatives to the word maverick.

Anyone have any other suggestions for her?

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by total_slacker

I have an additional suggestion for Palin - a brain transplant.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by SlyFox_79

So with saying all of this and everything we know about her, would she be a good pick?

No, but Jesse Ventura will be. He is pro 9/11 new investigation, and similar to Ron Paul on a lot of other foreign policy issues.

Jesse Ventura 2012!

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Given the current economic climate the Republican Party should stand a reasonable chance of winning back the White House in four years time . Before 2012 the Republican Party needs to re connect with both its core supporter base and the main stream voting public . If the party doesnt free itself of the extremist loons who care more about bashing gays and paying lip service to hard core pro lifers then they do actual important issues such as health care then the Republican Party will remain in the wildness .

Clearly Palin isnt the answer even for Americans who have a reputation for being insular her statement about seeing Russia from Alaska didn't go down to well to put it politely. Unless she moved towards the centre of the political spectrum she would just alienate moderates from either side of the fence again .

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Yeah right, maybe President of the Hockey mom club!

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
Palin, with a lot of grooming for experience, could be a viable choice for 2012, but she isn't my first choice at all.

If it were up to me, I'd start getting JC Watts ready to run. I've been saying for two years now that he was the future of Conservatism in this country.

he he, yeah, he he, palin/watts is great for 2012....oh please, please have this as the republican ticket for 2012, HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! sorry, my eyes glazed over in glee.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Really it's all up to Obama

Either his Ideas work or they don't

He is into radical change, if it backfires... Palin who is ultra conservative would have a chance

i.e.

He Taxes the rich and small business really does go belly up and everyone looses jobs

He makes friends in the Middle East and withdraws troops, then Isreal gets the Nuclear Boot

He gets over zealous about race and African Americans get into some serious bullying and fill the ranks of his new Security force and... well lets not go there

He ends the War on Drugs and, the streets are filled with junkies and murder

Any One of those things happens though

Obama is screwed

Sop i see it like this

These 4 years are a Massive WIN for Obama and everything improves

or ONE and I mean EVEN ONE of these major changes back fires...

and we get torn to shreds and a serious mean Republican Conservative gets the White House

Big Risks Pay hard always... one way or another...

Europe decriminalized dope and... it's Great

Canada has Health care and it's great

Your dealing with nutty Americans go... same results might not happen

Then you will have Palin, not in on Brains and Deep Thinking but Rather Conservatism... and she fits that bil

Obamas plans, could, turn out g-d awful

But hey let's hope for the best

Seriously

May it all get better and Palin drift into obscurity... I'd rather be wrong than be right ...

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
he he, yeah, he he, palin/watts is great for 2012....oh please, please have this as the republican ticket for 2012, HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! sorry, my eyes glazed over in glee.

You may have missed the point of my post, but I said I didn't think Palin would be appropriate for another run at President or VP.

I'm looking at a combination of Watts, Romney, Jindal, maybe even Fred Thompson again.

You take any of those four in any grouping and I'd be happy.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Palin is nothing but a one time wonder, the ones that make the top charts for a season and then will die and go into history never to be seen again.

She is one of the reasons McCain didn't won the elections.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I agree with the Obama statement made that it depends on how well he has done.

If Obama is successful, forget about going conservative in 2012, it will be a moderate GOP candidate at best. Maybe even Lieberman could run for the GOP.

Palin needs more experience in international exposure. Being from and living in Alaska is not necessarily the best state in this matter. Great choice for energy matters but poor choice in other regards.

If you see her attending big party functions and money events, look for this to be a large sign of things to come. It's about money, and the ability to raise money, more than anything else. Obama taught all of us that.

join