It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The simple reason all the bees are dying off..

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
The decline in bee populations is certainly not simply because of GM crops, although it may effect bee habits.

Most likely it is due to the changes in agriculture as a whole. (planting rotations, plot sizes etc).

GM crops grew in popularity around the mid 90's. The bee population has been fluctuating rapidly since the 1950's.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Where are the dead bees? Can anyone say with absolute certainty that we're looking entirely at deaths rather than disappearances? I mean, for all we know, many of our bees could be pollenating (natural) crops on a newly biodiverse planet next to a Pleadian sun... This is taking into account the dramatically huge percentage of their population reduction.

Forgive me if I missed something by not reading the article, but I've read and seen enough on the subject that points to disappearances that aren't clearly deaths. No (or not enough) bodies, no evidence.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
i looked at this issue VERY closely last year

Originally posted by cpdaman

the smoking gun is the knowledge that monsanto study's and other study's determing the toxicity of the bT toxins were based on natural toxins, not the hybrid genetically altered toxins, which in limited studies point to the fact it can tear up the lining of a bee's intestine and kill it's immune system thanks to the exponetnailly higher increase in toxicity. and now we have dead bee's with up to 6 infections within them. gee what a mystery. people are confused, this matches nothing in the literature of bee history.

Monsanto is backed by very very poweful men, and if you take a peak at the new book SEEDS OF DESTRUCTION you may get a head up to what the game plan has been. There is documentation in the book of all the corruption and the levels to which these powers exert pressure to surpess any negative press and that there is simply too much money and plans put in place by these elite's to simply blame them for Colony Collapse Disorder, it is not an option. The book provides evidence of how ruthless the bio tech industry is in manipulating the science and the enviornmenta agency's. Does this mean they are Definitely Responsible? Not sure about that. But it's quakin like a duck! they are by far and away the leading suspects.

Now these toxins cause a weakness in the bee's immune system and particularly in the lining of the intestine . Causing many virus's (that previously may have been killed by the immune system to flourish) including the (israeli acute paralyasis virus) IAPV disease

i believe this is consistent with bt toxins and the harm they cause so now whatever outbreak of disease (which under normal immune response) may only suffer minor deaths now completly obliterate's these colony's. It is not like IAPV is new or something.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
what is it with people?

This is just one of countless strands of the web being cut. We face a perilous fall my friends.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Please don't get me going on this issue. I have been a beekeeper know for over 25 years and have an organic orchard.

I posted info on another thread regarding my thoughts on what is transpiring, but yes bees are rapidly decreasing in large numbers, in fact many places where farmers and beekeepers buy replacement hives are constantly on back order, or many times now cancel orders because they don't have enough to sell.
This has never happened in the 25 years of beekeeping for me.

I have always had many suppliers to choose from that would ship very quickly and even know with the advent of the internet it's hard to find suppliers with bees.

Bee Mystery ATS

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
I have a little area of my urban garden dedicated to butterflies and I currently have a dozen or more bees at any given time all over my pentas and mexican petunias. I use no pesticides and leave it up to nature to take care of things and I have seen at least three different types of bees around. I definitely think the bees dying off in certain areas are due to pesticides.

Yea... the pestici....bees....breas.... nice avatar.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
there are people who actually rent bees to farmers to pollinate fields-----i never realized crops had to be pollinated--i associated it with flowers

these bee keepers truck in bees to a farm and leave them for a period of time to do their work

and apparently there's not enuff bee's to rent out to fill demand here in america

so it is a problem here

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
But what you are forgetting is if they were all dieing off there would be bodies. There are no bodies.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valkyr8
But what you are forgetting is if they were all dieing off there would be bodies. There are no bodies.

Are you saying that bees are immortal? Bugs that are not dissappearing still die all the time but i am not tripping over everything with wings corpse on the way to my car. How long do you suppose a bee corpse lasts anyway? - in the natural world.

[edit on 5-11-2008 by Iblis Smiley]

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

maybe thats whats in the jet fuel....

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOpsOperative

Please start a new thread or find the appropriate one to post this in so we can go explain why we will not buy any of it there. This is about bees and reality. You are only halfway there.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   

[edit on 5-11-2008 by BlackOpsOperative]

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Bayer has publicly adknowledged their product has caused the bee die-off in Germany in 2008:

Bayer's Statement

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Not sure if anyone's mentioned it yet, but on Australia's 60 Minutes program a while back they ran a story about how bee colonies were disappearing / dying, but it wasn't due to any pesticide but instead a parasite. The parasites would literally leap onto the back of a bee and feed on them, basically, and then move on - and the bees had no answer to it whatsoever.

There was a scientist who was researching ways to counter it, but they hadn't found a method yet. Supposedly we don't have the parasite in Australia yet, it's in America and Europe at present.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iblis Smiley

Please start a new thread or find the appropriate one to post this in so we can go explain why we will not buy any of it there. This is about bees and reality. You are only halfway there.

The truth is stranger than fiction my Earth friend.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   

And if you want to go on about it, you should start a new thread.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   
hmm...sounds like something of the movie "The Happening"
anyone watched that movie ?

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
To be fair, Linda Moulton Howe deserves kudos for personally bringing this to light with the MSM. Here's a link to some of her research into the honey bee disappearance.

www.earthfiles.com...

Also interesting was the explosion and fire that occurred to the Bayer CropScience plant in Institute, West Virignia the same night LMH was being interviewed on Coast to Coast AM.

sundaygazettemail.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join