It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

time travel lessons

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2003 @ 07:33 PM
link   
i wasnt sure where to post this but this site covers everything from teaching you time travel to explaining the hollow earth teaching remote viewing and just about everything else covered on this site apparently........................paranormal.about.com...

posted on Jan, 17 2003 @ 09:12 AM
link   
here's the link again...

paranormal.about.com...

or, more directly...

paranormal.about.com...

[Edited on 17-1-2003 by Gazrok]

posted on Jan, 17 2003 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Time travel is not possible.

To travel back or forward in time, there must be a reference point to measure from. And since time is infinate(or so I believe) there can be no way to measure.

Time travel may not be traveling through time, but around it. Moving into or onto a different plain, where time has less meaning, thus instant transportation(teleportation).

From site

"Stopping A Clock
John Bajak has invented a Flux Capacitance Time Travel Circuit, and he even provides the schematics for it on his website. And it works, he says. It's amazing it never made the front page of the newspaper.

Excerpt: "Point transducer output toward the person or thing you want changed. That thing, such as a clock or piece of shelving, will begin oscillating between past and future.... I noticed time stretched thinner and thinner until I noticed time seemed to stop while it was turned on. This took place in clocks I watched on my VCR and a German-made clock given to me by my father. I noticed time seemed to decelerate after a certain period of turn-on, then accelerate when the button was turned off, according to the changing pattern of the capacitor."

Bajak goes on to relate how his TV exploded, reassembled itself, talked to him and "threatened" him. Gee, it seems like this time travel business can be dangerous. By his own admission, Bajak was taken to a psychiatric hospital where, I'm sure, he had a lot of time on his hands. However, if you're interested in building your own time travel devices, you should also check out the Delta-T Antenna, the Time Camera (which presumably allows you to take photos of the past and future, but does not explicitly claim that) and the Time Portal, which you can build in your very own backyard."

[Edited on 17-1-2003 by joehayner]

posted on Jan, 17 2003 @ 11:12 AM
link   
He sounds a little crazy though.

posted on Jan, 17 2003 @ 11:53 AM
link   
We can't really say that time travel is impossible...
Heck, 60 years ago, going to the moon seemed impossible (and yes, I'm sure there are those who still believe that hasn't actually been done yet either, but that's beside my point here...
)

What always fascinates me, is this idea that "time" is almost an entity. For example, the Grandfather Paradox. Matter is matter. If you are matter, then you go back in time, kill your Grandpa, you are still matter and have mass. This idea that the Universe and Time somehow "know" of the transgression, and then somehow mysteriously, you are no longer mass, seems kind of absurd. The only real paradox only occurs when you "get back" to your own time, and point of departure, and really just involves social relationships, and that's only supposing that there is a "timeline" that can be changed, which would effect the timeline you came from. What if that isn't the case at all?

posted on Jan, 17 2003 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I believe there are other plains, which may seem like our past, but really arn't.

posted on Jan, 17 2003 @ 04:16 PM
link   
maybe time travel is possible back in time but not forward in time unless your travelling forward after travelling back first.............then again maybe its not

posted on Jan, 17 2003 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Read "Timeline" by Michael Chrichton, great book. If you look at "time" itself, it doesn't exist. It is a figment of mans imagination, something created by man. Therefore, man should be able to "bend" it to a degree. Looking at this from a spiritual point of view, if you reach a certain level of awarness, you should be able to "float" back down the "river of Life" itself. I use these terms because it is probably the easiest way to describe it. Think of time as not existing, and you can do anything you want....

posted on Jan, 17 2003 @ 06:37 PM
link   
about the grandfather paradox...I had this revelation the other day, you go back in time, kill your grandfather, then you weren't ever born, you weren't alive to go back in time to kill your grandfather, he lives, you live, it cancels out immediatly, nothing happened

posted on Jan, 17 2003 @ 06:38 PM
link   
that talk about not being able to travel in time is bull#, we KNOW how to travel forward in time, and to an extremely small amount (ie. fractions of seconds) we do it already

posted on Jan, 19 2003 @ 04:03 PM
link   
We do travel in time now? Never heard of it and dont believe time travel is possible at all, just like someone said earlier time the way we see it doesnt exist its something that man created to organize things better. Time travel is a fantasy everyone would like to see whats going to happen in the future, for me its lotto numbers
. Everyone would like to change something in the past. If time travel does exist then there are some things that dont make sense.

like almost everything.

First of all someone said we do travel in time in fractions of a second, how the heck can that be proven and if they can do it on a small scale like that then just take the same basic concepts and do it on a larger scale... fractions of a second make up a second, a second makes up a minute, minute makes up an hour.....shouldnt be too hard if they already can do it on a small scale.

King also argued against the pardaox thing, i believe what he said is true. But would that mean if i decided to travel back in time just to kill my grandfather it wouldnt happen so therefore i wouldnt travel back in time? isnt that a double paradox?

Time Travel is a very confusing subject...... i think my head is about to explode.

posted on Jan, 19 2003 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Hey completly agree with you there!

Brand new to this site and still trying to get a picture under my user name? GRRR!!!

Any help is appreciated and how did you become a junior member? Is there a test at the end and you move up the levels?

Let me know!

posted on Jan, 19 2003 @ 07:45 PM
link   
when i became a junior member i was delighted but had no idea why.as for the piccy under yer name fingy ive been waiting for someone to post an idiots guide to avatars

posted on Jan, 21 2003 @ 08:44 AM
link   
In a way, we all *do* travel in time...Forward towards the future at a rate of 60 seconds per minute...

If it weren't for that, would we even have the ability to perceive anything?...Think anything? Nope, because the speed of our thoughts processes in our brains relies on time for the bio-electric charges to travel through the network of neurons so that we can have thoughts at all.

In essence, other theories on time travel must focus on creating the ability to *alter* that rate at which we already travel through time...traveling faster to reach the future or traveling slower to the point of reversing our personal flow through time to reach the past. However, you must also be able to take into account your absolute position in *space* while traveling in time, otherwise the Earth itself would move out from under you within a mere few seconds of time travel...In other words, you must be able to maintain your *relative* position in space to stay with the Earth while still making the journey through time. So if you're going to build a time-travel machine of some sort, you should play it safe by making it capable of traveling through space as well...And be sure to give it life-support capabilities in the process...

posted on Jan, 21 2003 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Actually, currently we can go back in time. When the astronauts return to Earth, less time has passed for them (as they went faster than we on Earth, and thus, time went slower), so in a sense, they went backwards in time, although, only a few moments....

posted on Jan, 21 2003 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Hey squintingcat,

Remember this name - Faust Bael. Maybe you two should get in touch....

posted on Jan, 21 2003 @ 05:46 PM
link   
the piano playing time traveller you mean.didnt know he knew how to do avatars.

posted on Jan, 21 2003 @ 07:15 PM
link   
heck...in dream time...ya can pick and choose...go back or go a bit forward...just have intention and put yourself there...just don't try to wake up out of your dream...
nan.

posted on Jan, 21 2003 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I time travel ALL THE TIME...

In my job I do alot of traveling.. interstate most times too. Between NSW and QLD there is 1 hr Time difference due to Daylight saving.. So in theory I travel forward and backward in time all the time! heh...

It's getting quite annoying resetting my watch all the time though..

Cheers

posted on Jan, 23 2003 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Gazrok, how did less time pass for them, just because they were moving faster.

Does that mean if you were on a different planet, and it rotated faster, less time would pass for you?

It doesn't sound possible. Maybe they said that because they jumped timzones continually.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join