It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Third Grader Schools Palin - Sara Palin STILL Does Not Know What the VP DOES

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Colorado third-grader’s question for Palin gets national attention
Associated Press
Published October 22, 2008 at 8:48 a.m.
Updated October 22, 2008 at 2:47 p.m.

WASHINGTON — Asked by a Colorado third-grader what a vice president does, Republican candidate Sarah Palin responded that the vice president is the president's "team mate" but also "runs the Senate" and "can really get in there with the senators and make a lot of good policy changes."

"Runs the Senate?" I wonder where she is getting her information.

The vice president's main duty is to replace the president if the president dies, resigns, is removed from office or can no longer carry out his or her duties for other reasons. The Constitution names the vice president as the president of the Senate but allows the vice president to cast a vote only to break a tie.

The vice president, as a member of the executive branch of the government, has no official role in developing legislation or determining how it is presented to or debated by the Senate, which is part of the legislative branch. In all meaningful ways, the leader of the majority party runs the Senate.

www.rockymountainnews.com...

Wouldn't you want to know what you will be doing for the next four years of your life? Here's more to show the overall ignorance of those running the McCain/Palin campaign, including her actual interview:

www.youtube.com...

This is going to be your next VP? You want this? I mean, it's one thing to be a die-hard, but come on? You have to admit this is CRAZY!!!

ColoradoJens

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Not to say I'm a supporter and I hardly want to defend her, but come on, she is talking to a 3rd grader. I expect that when we were young and an adult was trying to explain something fairly complicated (like the vice president's role in office), the adult would use laymens terms or break it down in a very simple way.

There are plenty of more usable quotes that make her sound like a moron. The ones where she talks to adults in the same way....

Hmm, maybe she thinks were all children..... HA

you get my point though right?

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by vapedson

With out question. I understand the contex, but what a great opportunity to show us that she actually LEARNED WHAT IT IS the VP does after her previous debacle. I agree with you it is using the story more to make a point. The implications though are there. This person is not fit for the role of VP of the US. McCain's camapign spokeswoman couldn't answer the question either.

ColoradoJens

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
There is no doubt this will get national attention. That is what the MSM does...they just sit and wait for a minor discrepency and pounce on it, and make it a big deal. The funny thing is they only do it to Republican candidates. Joe Biden can say jobs is a 3 letter word and it is virtually ignored.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

you realize this is not the first time she has been asked the question and was wrong, right? Again, whatever your msm demons are, it is the truth.

ColoradoJens

join