It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barney Frank: 'The Fundamentals Are Better Than the Psychology' and "lots of rich people to tax"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
When McCain said this, we was attacked by the media and the Obama campaign for a few weeks straight. They called it a "major mistake".What has changed?

Download video here.

"I think it's clear that the fundamentals are better than the psychology."

Here Barney Franks talks about how Obama needs to spend, spend, spend and tax the rich people!

MARIA BARTIROMO: So you agree: taxes should go up, then, on the top earners, even in this slow environment.

BARNEY FRANK: No. Not right away. I want to wait a year.

BARTIROMO: Will you ask [Obama] to push the plan back then? Because he wants to raise taxes as soon as he gets in office, correct?

FRANK: Well, I do not think he has said recently he's going to do it as soon as he gets in office.

I just find it interesting that this is a guy who is one of the main guys responsible for our current troubles and yet hes backing more spending! On top of that hes repeating McCain talking points and not getting trounced for it!

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Barney is a big joke.

he should be impeached for not taking accountability and responsibility for his role in this crisis.

Then they throw him into the spotlight to make him out like a hero for helping to come up with the bailout plan.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
And just think of the influence this man is going to have if Obama wins the presidency. A full democratic government is bad for the country.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
When are we going to tell all these idoits that enough is enough? Barney Franks(like all his cohorts)talk down to the american people. When are we going to stop these people from using our pocketbooks as their personal stash?
This government send billions of tax dollars over seas every year in foriegn aid to countries like Saudi Arabia.Helping countries that live off our exported dollars anyway.

If we were to cut out foriegn aid,and cut out all the pork barrel earmarks,our economy would get much better.We don't need more taxes,this government has become a great leach sucking the wealth out of the common man.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
It also sounded like he said that we need a dose of "changenism". Seriously...did you all hear that? What is "changenism"? Is that even a word?

What an idiot.

[edit on 10/23/2008 by Lightmare]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Lightmare

Yeah sometimes it's hard to understand what he's saying when he's spitting all over everything. Sylvester the cat talks more clearly than this jackass.

join