It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Revolution Starts Now led by STEVE EARLE

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I hope this is ok to post here because Steve Earle is a political activist/musician and I thought it was relevant to the general feeling of anger this election season.

Steve Earle, for those unaware, is a musician who gained fame in Nashville, did a long stretch in prison for heroin, cleaned up, started making music again, and now has come full circle. He has a show running off Broadway and his latest few albums have been very politically charged - yet they remain great songs; rocking, fun, serious, what ever. I have picked three that give you an idea of the guy's music and motives. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE take the time to watch, if only once. Give it a chance, you may end up liking it!

This one is the Revolution Starts Now.

www.youtube.com...

This one is called F the FCC - awesome - self explanitory

www.youtube.com...

This one is CONDI CONDI - hilarious and great - not the best version

www.youtube.com...

There are literally hundreds of songs - he's got like 20 albums. Please watch as there is humor, great music, and some great lines.

ColoradoJens

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Oh wow I just love this guy and his music are you a new fan?

He's a very proficient performer and songwriter
and he's very smart studies his issues very carefully

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Reply to invisible woman:

I am a fan and have been for some time. Townes Van Zandt, Buddy Guy, Robert Earle Keane (sp?) all kind of fit in that story teller country vibe. Great to hear you like him - I was hoping more would at least repsond regarding if they've seen him at fundraisers/special political events etc. I enjoy him primarily because I like the music and I think his words and voice are great - thanks again for the post - did you check out those links? Some older live stuff.

ColoradoJens

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

Oh I'm always going on the youtube and listening to Steve ,I've been a fan for a looooonnnnng time hahaha funny but although I love his work for some reason Guitar Town stays my favorite ! Oh I love it so

guitar town

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by invisiblewoman

Love it - and look at that hair! Here's another one that's pretty strong in it's beauty. Jerusalem From Operation Ceasefire in Washington DC

www.youtube.com...

And maybe it's overkill, but one more because he is important. This one is with the Del McCoury Band from Farm aid - shows some who don't know him where he got his chops. Thanks again! Lucinda Williams, before she really got popular is also great. (not in vid - just throwing it out).

www.youtube.com...

ColoradoJens

[edit on 21-10-2008 by ColoradoJens]

[edit on 21-10-2008 by ColoradoJens]

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Oh boy I do love some loud rockin oldtimey fiddle playing ,you have no idea!hahaha

speaking of hair you'll like this mullets

and mullet haiku

it's the hairstyle of my people

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Reply to invisiblewoman

Ha! The Haiku is outrageous. Steve is missing whatever used to exist of that mop now and yes some fiddle rocking tunes never hurt. Do you know any Towns Van Zandt? Much different but a few AMAZING songs. Any way, I thought I'd post a couple lines from the Mullet Hiaku for the crowd:

O! SQUIRREL brother,
Your tail, my hair We are one
Yet I must eat you

Brown edged tank top sticks
to my white clumpy armpits
Somehow I get laid

Dogs urinate where
they so choose And so do I
Red and blue lights flash

Bald on the top
and long on the back
Behold my glorious skullet

-Unknown

God I used to have one of these many many years ago.

ColoradoJens

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Ahem. Some great info on here regarding a great American activist - the kind that obviously hates America. Thought I'd throw it out one more time. Enjoy.

ColoradoJens

join