It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Is Endorsing Obama

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
If anyone is choking on tofu, take breather,

...it's Lauren Bush, not dubya.

In this month's issue of W magazine, the president's model niece Lauren Bush gushes about Obama saying, "[He] is still so new. He seems like a strong leader.

Still I can't help but wonder what would happen if George W Bush really did endorse Obama?

Here is a hypothetical.

Think about it for a second, we have a Man that is hated by many, many people who in their eyes is a complete idiot, that can never do anything right, and another Man who in their eyes is a polar opposite, extremely liked and can never do anything wrong.

Sentiments towards these two are so polarized, yet the similiarities in the differences is almost eerie, almost as if is derived from the same underlying source, like the effect of some specially flavored KoolAid.

How would Obama react?
How would Liberals react?
Will they be forced to instantly like Bush?
Would matter and anti matter finally clash?

Obama's claim that McCain voted with Bush 90% of the time would suddenly go out the window and mean nothing anymore and Obama would have to come up with another campaign slogan.

Suddenly all of McCain's ties to Bush would go away.

Would this be enough to see Obama's poll numbers plummet, would they rise or would they stay the same?

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
None of obama's claims would go out the window. Obama would reject Obama's endorsement publicly and let the whole world know where bush can go with that endorsement.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
if ole curious george backed Obama that would probabily be the best reason ive yet heard to vote for McCain

hell if Bush was backing the other guy sadam hussein wouldnt seem so bad a choice to take a chance on

Obama's claim that McCain voted with Bush 90% of the time would suddenly go out the window and mean nothing anymore and Obama would have to come up with another campaign slogan.

nooo it just means Bush finally realised what a mess he had made and Mcsame would make it worse

he never managed to fix anything while in office maybe his last action leaving it could be a small token toward that lol

[edit on 19/10/08 by noobfun]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

I have to agree with bknapple, I think Obama would reject Bush's endorsement.

As to what effect it would have on poll numbers? I have no idea.
I do think it would change alot of peoples opinion of Bush for the better. Although I wonder if people could even get thier heads around the idea.

Has any outgoing president ever crossed party lines to endorse the other sides nominee?

Great question S+F!

[edit on 19-10-2008 by drock905]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

You know not everyone despises and vitriolically hates Bush, right? You would think you guys would catch on after every single Republican president is smeared as some kind of slack jaw'd Hitler lite. I mean, Bush is getting the same treatment Regan and Bush 41 got! Have some perspective people!

[edit on 19-10-2008 by Marcus Calpurnius]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
i have to do this..i heard it for 6 months...

it's going to be the same ole mcbama policy's.!!

same ole mcbama

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Tofu? Ok... I did get attracted to the post, but I don't know if the words posted in the story either match the headline or the sentiment.

Disloyal Bush girls swoon over 'sexy and strong' Obama

then the, literally, gossip "article"

In this month's issue of W magazine, the president's model niece Lauren Bush gushes about Obama saying, "[He] is still so new. He seems like a strong leader. We'll see." (At least she was a little more subtle than John McCain's daughter Meghan who recently described Barack as "sexy" on her blog.)

That's the extent of the "Endorsement?" I mean, that is it - there is nothing else about it in the entire "article". NOTHING. Perhaps your title is as misleading as the article. Where are the "Bush Girls" that appear in the headline? Is "He seems like a strong leader. We'll see." swooning? Where did she once call him "sexy"?

By the way, this may expose my ignorance, but who again is Bush's niece, Lauren? - Ok, I read the story and I know - but come on - has she been in the news before?

The obvious is that this right wing piece wants the nation to think that the dolt who you believe is actually a good leader is endorsing Obama - why? Because it would HURT Obama if he were associated with the WORST president ever - and this is the Republicans that are doing it - they know it and they are USING it! Do you see? Why don't see?

ColoradoJens

[edit on 19-10-2008 by ColoradoJens]

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
None of obama's claims would go out the window. Obama would reject Obama's endorsement publicly and let the whole world know where bush can go with that endorsement.

Of course he would reject the endorsement, but what makes you think it would just end there?

I think that's when things would start getting interesting. Rejecting the endorsement would make only prove Obama really has no plans of uniting the country and telling Bush what he can do with the endorsement is not very Presidential.

Besides, we really don't know who Bush is voting for, do we?

It's fair to say Bush and McCain have never really been the best of buddies.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Hopefully people will wake up and relize Obama is unethical, a liar, and has a lack of judgement.

Im not to proud of McCain but hes the lesser of two evils.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Bush is a republican. He will endorese the Republican candidate. His niece, who is no one, stated Obama seems like a strong leader - that's it. You are attempting to make an argument out of a fallacy.

ColoradoJens

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by noobfun

nooo it just means Bush finally realised what a mess he had made and Mcsame would make it worse

he never managed to fix anything while in office maybe his last action leaving it could be a small token toward that lol

[edit on 19/10/08 by noobfun]

That is that the most stupid nonsense I ever heard, that statement is dumb.

Bush is not THAT stupid, I mean would you ever get real.

He doesn't care, will you get that into your head. He was there to do the job, he did what he was supposed to do, push for the wars, global meltdown, 9/11, NW0 and keep the cronies happy.

Did he ever try to fix it. What the hell is your interpretation of Bush for crying out loud. You make its like he did things by accident.

His mistakes were intentional.

WAKE UP.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marcus Calpurnius
reply to post by bknapple32

You know not everyone despises and vitriolically hates Bush, right? You would think you guys would catch on after every single Republican president is smeared as some kind of slack jaw'd Hitler lite. I mean, Bush is getting the same treatment Regan and Bush 41 got! Have some perspective people!

[edit on 19-10-2008 by Marcus Calpurnius]

The difference is that G.W. Bush is getting the cold treatment from his own party this year . Seriously, have you seen any Republican advertising showing the candidates proudly standing next to Bush or showing off a Bush endorsement this year? It's like they have disowned him. He is the crazy uncle that shows up on holidays that everyone tries to pretend they aren't related to the rest of the year.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SGSPatriot
Hopefully people will wake up and relize Obama is unethical, a liar, and has a lack of judgment.

I'm not to proud of McCain but hes the lesser of two evils.

Voting for the lesser of two evils is still voting for evil...

Why would you do this when there are better and many other candidates in other parties besides the Dems and republicans..

Gosh this site is so filled with this propaganda crap for the status quo, wake up people, it's right in front of your face, just open your eyes a bit and see the reality for what it is.

There are many other candidates for president of the united states and honestly many are far better than the two puppets the media talks about..

join