It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain and Obama roast eachother

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Very funny. And mods, please dont move this to another forum. I think the decision 08 forums needs this. Humor is always needed in times like these. dont use this thread as a forum for you political views. Just laugh with the rest of us at some funny jokes by some normally unfunny people.

Post your favorite parts. Would love to see everyone get along in this thread.

Again, mods please dont move this out of the 08 forums. This deserves the attention that the 08 forums are getting. And could unite ats for a minute or two.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
My fav part is when obama mentions how he can see from the Waldorf lobby to the Russian tea room

edit to add

'i got my middle name from someone who obviously didnt think i would run for president.'

[edit on 16-10-2008 by bknapple32]

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

McCain hit it out of the park again and again with references to Joe the plumber, Hillary and Bill's unenthusiastic "support" of Barack. Very funny indeed! Barack was his usual self.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I'm an Obama supporter but McCain DELIVERED tonight! It was good, and reminded me of why I liked him when he was actually a "Maverick" too bad he's changed so much in eight years. Good roast. Now if we could have an unscripted no time allotment, go all night if you want to, sit down with these two guys, we might actually be able to restore some faith in the system of elections.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I enjoyed the reactions from each candidate. I though mccain forced his reactions. But he was damn good up on the podium. good dry humor. obama had more laughs that made me fall our of my chair. but mccains was overall better. esp with his timing and delivery.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Glad to see where the bail out money is going..

Was this on MTV?

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I really enjoyed watching that. It was nice to see McCain in a different light. He seemed quick witted and on the ball. Obama, on the other hand, seem to be reading his notes, however, he did great as well. When he wasn't joking, he seemed genuine in what he was saying. I think Obama has loads of class, and it certainly showed.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 03:06 AM
link   
I personally loved them both equally. Though I must say McCain had me laughing harder more often. Obama was definately reading from notes but that's fine, I don't mind somebody reading from notes. But that may be because I'm college age(22). LOVED Baracks Superman reference, I thought that was well placed and well timed as well as the Greek Column joke. Was way into McCains 2 part Joe-The-Plumber joke, and his Hillary support joke, I thought those were very well done. I did think Obama had more genuine reaction laughter, at least with the shots we saw of him and McCain, up until there was a jab at McCain himself seemed to be holding back. But I think he was just getting comfortable, I don't think it was being phoned in. Both candidates had me quite literally "LOLling"...wow I almost hate myself for that one...almost...I'm also a guy who has come to enjoy a good "B-A-N-A-N-A-S" joke...I'm a disturbed individual...

But seriously, and I definately hope this doesn't detract from the "no conflict" portion, so, feel free to ignore commenting on this portion, but I wanted to say it:

I think it's great that the candidates can sit back and have good humored fun like this, but I also think it's an example of the deceptive political climate we're being subjected to, and that's unfortunate. Hopefully after the whole thing is over, since we've already seen them back off of attacks and defend one anothers character in the middle of political rallies, they can be at peace and act as two individuals who are at least friendly and have known one another for some time. I hope that one day we can drop this political negativity, I find it very much un-necessary.

EDIT: OH! also I'm really glad I checked up first, I was about to post this whole thing, could really used those points too.

[edit on 10/17/2008 by stonespiral]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
its sad maria stardust had to move this thread out of 08. i guess ats ants politics as usual there, and no time for a little laughter in such a mr big boy and girl forum that needs to be serious at all times. give me a break. and this post isnt off topic as i made a case in the op for this thread not to be moved to some forum that hardly anyone posts in.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
To be fair, I'll list my favorite quotes from each candidate, although I actually thought they were both very good. I surprised even myself by laughing at Obama at times.

Obama

"Who is Barack Obama? Contrary to the rumors you may have heard, I was not born in a manger. I was actually born on Krypton and sent here by my father, Jor-El, to save the planet Earth."

McCain

"In case you haven't been following my opponent's 'Get Out The Vote' campaign, ACORN is helping to register groups that were previously excluded, overlooked and under-served – second-graders, the deceased, Disney characters."

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

I didnt like the acron joke. its such a lame accusation against obama, that the joke needed to be made by the one whom the allegation is against. would of been funnier if obama said it about himself

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
My fav part is when obama mentions how he can see from the Waldorf lobby to the Russian tea room

edit to add

'i got my middle name from someone who obviously didnt think i would run for president.'

I agree, I had a good laugh at these, plus the one about Joe the Plumber who recently got a lucrative contract from a certain affluent family, to handle all the plumbing work in their 8 mansions

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I LOVED both of their speeches! I laughed so hard! I, too, was reminded why I used to like McCain so much. And I saw many genuine smiles from him during these speeches (both) than I have seen the entire campaign. His smiles these days seem so fake and forced. It was a pleasure to see him laugh.

And I felt hopeful. All the nasty competition was set aside and it felt more like, "May the best man win"... For that time, at lease...

Nicknames for Obama:
Oprah: The One... McCain: THAT one...
Great stuff!

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I thought McCain was funnier in his delivery, but then he has had more experience,lolololololol

Last night as I watched this, I thought to myself, now this is how the debates should have been.

a good sense of humor, and the ability to laugh at ones-self says a lot to me.

I hope when all this political BS is done, and we have our new POTUS, we all join together in a concerted effort to bash them thoroughly.

[edit on 103131p://bFriday2008 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I really enjoyed the roasts.

Several of the great lines have already been mentioned, and yet another one comes to mind:

Obama says: We're told that, if we talk about the economy, John McCain can't win. So... tonight, I'd like to talk about the economy.

Fun, fun, fun.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Personally I was disgusted by this whole thing.

There is no time for joking around. They still havent lifted a finger to fix our current situation.
Its sad that so many people think this was a great and funny momment.

I question why now both canidates mottos have to do with "change"

Im not an Obama-nation supporter , nor a McCain, However they are right...Change is comming .. and I dont think anyone will like it.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by SGSPatriot
Personally I was disgusted by this whole thing.

There is no time for joking around. They still havent lifted a finger to fix our current situation.
Its sad that so many people think this was a great and funny momment.

I question why now both canidates mottos have to do with "change"

Im not an Obama-nation supporter , nor a McCain, However they are right...Change is comming .. and I dont think anyone will like it.

I see your point.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

there's no point. he obviously doesn't understand this has been a tradition for 60 plus years. it didn't happen last year because the catholic church did not invite john kerry because of his abortion views. they decided to put politics away this time around.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
It gives me some hope that these two can joke around with eachother during such a brutal campaign.

If we can follow their example and ditch some of the fear and loathing, this country will be a better place.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Star for you, my friend. I look forward to bashing the winner with you!

SGSPatriot, I hear you. But regardless whose fault it is that our country is in the shape it's in, regardless who is doing what about it (or not), this is where we find ourselves. I personally think a sense of humor is a pretty important piece of life, regardless how bleak things are.

top topics

join