It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump: Bush Impeachment Would Be 'Wonderful Thing'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Trump: Bush Impeachment Would Be 'Wonderful Thing'

rawstory.com

"I was surprised that she didn't do more in terms of Bush and going after Bush," Trump said in an interview with CNN's Wolf Blitzer, referring to Democrat House Speaker Nancy Pelosi.

"It ... just seemed like she was going to really look to impeach Bush and get him out of office, which personally I think would have been a wonderful thing."

Trump, 62, said Bush misled the United States into waging war on Iraq, a much worse offense than a dalliance with a White House intern his predecessor Bill Clinton was impeached for in 1999."He lied. He got us into the war with lies," Trump said about Bush. "And I mean -- look at the trouble Bill Clinton got into with something that was totally unimportant. And they tried to impeach him, which was nonsense.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 16-10-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
This is a tough one to figure out. "The Donald" (lol) on the one hand says what we all know and agree with, that Bush should have been impeached (at the very least) long ago.

He makes the Clinton reference of impeachment over a much lesser offense, which again, I agree with.

But then he goes on to state he's rooting for McCain, who is a near duplicate of this current administration in terms of voting and foreign policy?!? I'm guessing that's because of the same policies towards protecting the super-rich?

In any case, it's good to see anyone who commands an audience speaking up about the travesties and offenses committed by these folks in the Whitehouse. The more that speak up, the better...

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I doubt that Trump said he was going to endorse McCain because previously,Trump has never spoken out on who he was going to vote for. he is very tight lipped about it.
And dont' ask me why I know this.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Oh sure. NOW he comes out after the economy gets flushed down the bowl. Where was he BEFORE all this happened. It doesn't take any cojones to get on the bus now. But he clearly didn't have the stones to speak out when it mattered. What a clown. Can we deport him and adopt Richard Branson? Trump is like the poster child for the spoiled, arrogant corporate CEO's of this age.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

You can't be serious about Richard Branson?
He's always careful to portray the "aged hippie done good" persona but beneath that he's just as much of a money grabbing, government butt kissing stooge as any other rich bugger. I'd personally like to bitch-slap that constant Tony Blair style grin right off his face.
If I was to receive the amount of taxpayers money for personal business that he receives then maybe I'd have something to smile about as well.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Say what you want but the donald has said truth, even if it's a bit late, he has gained more respect from me now.

I never thought he would say this really.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

I agree that the illegal war is much worse than an affair. Clinton got what he deserved, but somehow Bush hasn't.

If you ask me, it all looks scripted.

They let the people believe they elected a charismatic Democrat to undo the damage caused by a Bush Republican, all the while, the main agenda continues to push forward.

'They' accomplished what they set out to accomplish in Clinton, so they let him go.

Hmmm...a charismatic Democrat replacing a Bush Republican? Where have I heard this plot before?

Then along comes Bush, who commits far worse crimes against humanity and the Constitution, yet he doesn't get what he deserves.

Did they need Bush longer than they needed Clinton? Or are we all just being sucked in to voting Obama? It seems to be working if that's the case.

Obama or McCain, it doesn't matter. It's coming no matter what. And when it does, refer to jtma508's signature...

Don't blame me, I voted for Ron Paul

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
-It wasn't an illegal war.
-Bush didn't lie. He and many others were wrong.
-The run up to war with Iraq started in 1992.
-It was supported by 80% of the country.
-Democrats voted for it and used all the same justifications they had been for the previous decade.
-No grounds for impeachment

Clinton was almost impeached because he lied under oath during a rape and sexual harassment investigation. What happened to all those Republicans who lied under oath? They are going to jail!

Originally posted by shoeshiner
Say what you want but the donald has said truth, even if it's a bit late, he has gained more respect from me now.

I never thought he would say this really.

Its simply a matter of, "if you cant beat em, join em". Trump's job requires him to be popular and if he thinks he can gain polarity by throwing Bush under the bus than so be it. Its the same thing Obama does to all the people around him.

[edit on 16-10-2008 by Marcus Calpurnius]

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by NovusOrdoMundi
I agree that the illegal war

It wasn't illegal.

There will be no impeachment of Bush. Once we got to the last year of him being in office, it made no sense. The dems are concentrating on reelection (or election for the first time) and going after a lame duck with less than a year left in office would be a waste of their time - as politicians.

Remember - politicians are no longer public servants like they used to be.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Exactly. If Democrat were to impeach Bush, they would end up indicting themselves in how we got to war in Iraq. They know it and are content to just rewrite history and let those who are less educated on the subject to think bush lied.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Actually The Donald is totally across everything and a very independent thinker who bases most of what he thinks, says, and does on a book by Charles F. Haanel called The Master Key System

Don't ask me how I know that either

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marcus Calpurnius
-It wasn't an illegal war.
-Bush didn't lie. He and many others were wrong.

LOLOLOL

www.cnn.com...

www.cbsnews.com...

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Uh-Oh! Whoops!

That dog won't hunt anymore...

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Now prove to me anything Bush said or claimed that was any different from the previous 8 years. Why aren't these studies interested in what congress was saying about the war? Or how about previous to Bush being president? The fact is our country was being prepared for war in Iraq for a decade.

I'm also very skeptical about who carried out these studies you linked. Frankly I don't think I trust "A study by two nonprofit journalism organizations", after the last 8 years of journalistic integrity. You are the perfect example of what a corrupt media does to people.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Marcus Calpurnius

LOL, that had to be one of the lamest comebacks I've ever heard of. I get my data from EVERYWHERE, not just the lame stream media.

Although Decider and his crew's lies are EASILY documented--It doesn't take any study to determine that, all it takes is someone paying attention to REALITY.

And coming from someone who sounds like a Faux-news regurgitator, I'll equally take what you have to say with a tiny grain of salt.

Peace.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
A little surprised at "The Don" opening his mouth with such a lack of knowledge. But then, he is in the same class as other executive officers in the business world, and look what they've done lately.

Former President of the United States Bill Clinton was impeached by the House of Representatives on December 19, 1998, and acquitted by the Senate on February 12, 1999. The charges, perjury, obstruction of justice and abuse of power arose from the Monica Lewinsky scandal and the Paula Jones law suit.

en.wikipedia.org...

Nothing there about "a dalliance with a White House intern his predecessor Bill Clinton was impeached for in 1999." Would've thought "The Don" was a little bit more knowledgable than your garden variety moonbat. Oh well.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
What lies? With so many to choose form it should be easy to come up with one. I'm actually very educated on the subject thanks to my family's and my service in the military and my interest in Iraq since I was 12.

Oh, here we go. The typical left wing reaction to anyone who disagrees with them. You must watch Fox news! In retort, I'd suggest that you watch MSNBC?

If you want to debate this, I'm game. I'm prepared to school you if need be.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
So basically, you got nothing?

2 lines!

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Marcus Calpurnius

None are so blind as those that refuse to see.

You already have news sources and direct VIDEO showing them lying over and over. But you can keep your blinders on and stay in your delusion denying it all you want. Thank goodness most of the planet has woken up past that point. lol

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   

You already have news sources and direct VIDEO showing them lying over and over

You keep claiming its lies, when its clearly the same intelligence and rhetoric from the previous 8 years. So, either everyone in our government was lying, or it was a huge blunder of intelligence. Showing me a video where of all people John Stewart claims to be an authority, is nothing more than handing off the argument to someone else and a cope out. That video does not prove Bush or anyone else lied. Its a propaganda video tat leaves out any fact tat might derail the Bush is lying narrative.

I'll ask again, what lies did Bush tell?

None are so blind as those that refuse to see.

I hope someday you guys take that sentence to heart and educate yourself on the facts. They are freely available to anyone, but you choose to take the word of John Stewart and Olberman. Thats your choice, but I'm telling you, as someone who is very knowledgeable on this object, that they are full # #.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join