It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jon Stewart catches McCain out on his 'new speech'.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I'll play a McCain Spokesman: "Well when we say a new stump speech, we didn't mean a completely new speech... just one we haven't used as a stump speech before. And to be fair, we did change the first two lines, didn't you notice?"

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Unless you've been living in a cave the last 8 years, the show has had it's golden days due to the overwhelming amounts of great material given to us by the neo-cons in power, especially the brainiac at the top. Mccain is pretty much Bush 2.0 and is as easy a target as it gets. Some of the things he and palin say and do are just absurd. His job is to get us to see the absurdity of the political system and it's so called media coverage, so perhaps we get a chuckle from it. Perhaps we realize the banality of this freak show and vote third party. Jon said he wanted to vote third party, for someone like RON PAUL last night!

Whenever they try to burn Obama it just doesn't work because there's nothing to work with. He's a bright guy that doesn't make gaffes. His show is a comedy show after all. I imagine the show's ratings will go down after this election.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
holy guacamole that was funny...

I'm going to take up comedy now just so I can tell that joke...

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

I hope John Stewart will be an equal opportunity basher when Obama gets in. Somehow, I doubt he'll be allowed to do that under the Obama regime.

Times will change for America.

I think people will be able to criticize and make fun of Obama if he is elected. It won't be like the fascist atmosphere that existed the year following 9/11 when it was unpatriotic to question or make fun of the president.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   

I hope John Stewart will be an equal opportunity basher when Obama gets in.

First off, the topic was about how McCain made an idiot of himself with a recycled "brand new policy" speech. That's just beyond ridiculous. As for Obama, I agree with posters that he provides the comedians with less fodder to chew, because well, he's not as ridiculous to begin with.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by CapsFan8
Whenever they try to burn Obama it just doesn't work because there's nothing to work with. He's a bright guy that doesn't make gaffes.

Off prompter Obama can’t speak

Obama – “my muslim faith

“uh … oh … um …. Uh … uh … uh …. Um …. Uh … uh …. “

“I am absolutely certain that generations from now, we will be able to look back and tell our children that this was the moment when we began to provide care for the sick and good jobs to the jobless; this was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal.”

The Selma quote - “There was something stirring across the country because of what happened in Selma, Alabama, because some folks are willing to march across a bridge. So they got together and Barack Obama Jr. was born.”

Obama stupid quotes in his own words.

” I won’t wear that pin on my chest” (and now he does)

"Let me be absolutely clear. Israel is a strong friend of Israel's. It will be a strong friend of Israel's under a McCain...administration. It will be a strong friend of Israel's under an Obama administration. So that policy is not going to change." --Amman, Jordan, July 22, 2008

On this Memorial Day, as our nation honors its unbroken line of fallen heroes -- and I see many of them in the audience here today -- our sense of patriotism is particularly strong."

"Hold on one second, sweetie, we're going to do -- we'll do a press avail." --to a female reporter for ABC's Detroit affiliate who asked about his plan to help American autoworkers.

"I've now been in 57 states -- I think one left to go." --at a campaign event in Beaverton, Oregon

Why can't I just eat my waffle?" --after being asked a foreign policy question by a reporter while visiting a diner in Pennsylvania

"We can't drive our SUVs and eat as much as we want and keep our homes on 72 degrees at all times ... and then just expect that other countries are going to say OK." (UGH! Like we need to ask other countries what we can drive and eat, or what temp we keep our homes at?)

"It's not surprising, then, they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations." --explaining his troubles winning over some working-class voters See it here

"The point I was making was not that Grandmother harbors any racial animosity. She doesn't. But she is a typical white person, ... ."

"Come on! I just answered, like, eight questions." --exasperated by reporters after a news conference

"You're likeable enough, Hillary." --during a Democratic debate

"In case you missed it, this week, there was a tragedy in Kansas. Ten thousand people died -- an entire town destroyed." --on a Kansas tornado that killed 12 people

Lack of translaters quote - “We only have a certain number of them and if they are all in Iraq, then it’s harder for us to use them in Afghanistan.”

Obama’s states in the middle comment - "What it says is that I'm not very well known in that part of the country," Obama said. "Sen. Clinton, I think, is much better known, coming from a nearby state of Arkansas. So it's not surprising that she would have an advantage in some of those states in the middle."

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem
First off, the topic was about how McCain made an idiot of himself with a recycled "brand new policy" speech

First off, the topic is "John Stewart catches McCain out of his 'new speech.'
JOHN STEWART catching ... meaning that John Stewarts show is open for discussion.

As for Obama, I agree with posters that he provides the comedians with less fodder to chew, because well, he's not as ridiculous to begin with.

Now THAT was ridiculous!

Believe what you like.
The truth is that McCain and Obama are equal opportunity blunderers.
The question is - will Stewart provide equal bashing time to Obama?
IMHO (which I'm allowed to give) - the answer is NO.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Perhaps gaffes was the wrong word. We are all humans. What I have a problem with are politicians caught in outright lies and deception, and the media's complicity in the corrupt system of brainwashing.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by CapsFan8
What I have a problem with are politicians caught in outright lies and deception, and the media's complicity in the corrupt system of brainwashing.

AH! That's different.

Lies and deceptions. Like ACORN and AYERS and WRIGHT and most of the press having a love affair with Obama so they dont' report it? That kind of thing?

The fodder is there for Stewart on both McCain and Obama. Stewart and the late night hosts prefer to joke about McCain over Obama 7-1. That was the figure given this morning on the TV. 7 McCain jokes for every 1 Obama joke.

I'm glad to hear Stewart wants to vote third party - like for Ron Paul.
I'm going for Baldwin - Constitution Party.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Some of you people really need to go back to O'reilly and suckle the teat a little more. I mean to believe that a comedy show making political satire on elements which are blatantly obvious in their own right because it was your own personal choice for president as a 'liberal assault' is nothing more than paranoid and closed minded delusion. Mccain makes alot of idiotic mistakes; this was one of them. He got called on it in a way that is comical. End of story. Of course, if you want to believe Jon Stuart is a godzilla-esque liberal boogeyman who's part of the obama super-friends league, by all means go for it. It only makes you seem THAT much less intelligent.

And before you accuse me of being a leftist, commie, pinko, obama supporter (or some other nonsense); I have and will continue to support Ron Paul and my libertarian party.

Back to lurking...

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
The Daily Show rarely bashes Obama. Biased, sure it is. But if you notice the audience, when Obama get's talked up they all cheer. When McCain get's talked up, for example Ari Flescher was on the show and he made a few positive comments about the GOP candidates the audience booed. The show just caters to what it's audience wants to see. It's a comedy show anyway.

This clip of Stewart on Crossfire talks a lot about The Daily Show's partisanship and comedy.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
To all those getting the hump about the show been biased, I see none of you are actually addressing the point that the new speech is pretty much the same as the old one! And yes it is funny! But also sad that you all dont see how absolutely ridiculous McCain is! Obama is not far behind either. Why dont you use those brains of yours and actually address the issue that both candidates ( who are not a patch on Ron Paul imo ) are so full of sh*t and shouldnt be even there, only for rich friends paying to have their campaign in the spotlight rather than getting upset about a comedy show!!!!!!
Neither of these candidates are going to change anything, they will lie till their blue in the face just to get into the white house! These people care more about the white house than the people. Its horrifically obvious!

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by YourNuts

Originally posted by Desert Dawg
Does Stewart criticize Obama on his show?

Or just go for the cheap laugh at the Republican candidates ?

Is fair and balanced a part of what he does or is it just a comedy show?

it's a comedy show that makes it's very clear that they do not like Bush or McCain.

Turn on FOX news for pro McCain material. The Daily Show caters to a demographic that is prodomitly democrat..

Turn on FOX if you wanna hear outdated Reaganomics re-processed over,and over and over and over........ Not to mention alot of hair spray...

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   

The truth is that McCain and Obama are equal opportunity blunderers.

Oh please don't blame it on blunder. To announce you're going to rock the world with a brand new policy speech and recycle your old one is an attempt at deception. Not blunder. This time, McCain's deceipt was exposed quite well.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
The Daily Show has always liked to point out hypocrisy and bull#. Stuff like "He said 57 states!!! HAHAHA!" Is not exactly the kind of humor that they are into.

They make fun of both democrats and republicans, but you can't expect them to try to be fair when it wouldn't be as entertaining. This is a COMEDY show, not a news show.

Fox News- Makes stuff up
Comedy Central - Makes fun of stuff

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
John Stewart - 5000 points
McCain - negative 1,000,000

I mean honestly, John Stewart points out all the inconsistencies that are involved in POLITICS flat out, not just republicans, anyone who thinks he is biased towards republicans is not watching the show every day, because he owns both republicans and democrats

The only reason there is more content where he makes fun of the republicans and points out all their failures and faults, is because republicans make way more mistakes that are blatantly obvious than the democrats do, its no joke that the last democratic president left office with a surplus buget, and all the republican presidents lately have done nothing but put massive amounts of debt onto the american people.

I mean really, anyone comming on this thread to try and "Flame" John stewart or protect and defend McCain is completely ignorant of the thread and the video. Its so obvious that John Stewart nailed this whole moment on the head perfectly, there is nothing here for any McCain Supporters to say, the more you say the deeper you dig yourself into a hole, JUST like McCain is doing with his campaign.

[edit on 16-10-2008 by MaynardisGod]

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Good find silentshadow.

This man (McCain) knows the outcome of this Election already,.

He either knows he has no chance of winning, or he knows no matter what he is doing or saying, the Election will be run in his favour, the real story is not reaching enough people, and i doubt it ever will.

More and more each day i become convinced, that websites like ATS, are our allowance, meaning we get a few sites like this one, because they are given to us, to keep the people questioning truth quiet, carefully filtered and fed, allowing us to speak of everything or anything we want, but from here it expands a very limited amount.

Outside these circles we are considered cooks and weirdo's, so not many of the people who really count, get to see what it is all supposed to be about, I believe it is all fed to us by fake Video's, false predictions, and incredible stories, every now and then, something breaks through, we get a hold of it, and we are led along the way, slowly leading away from the truth, then we get seagulls, and ice crystals, which excite a lot of the members, who seem to hover around those subjects.

Once the excitement moves to those threads, the original is slowly taken into semi debunked mode, and maybe a picture or story of similar events which have already been debunked completely, however IMO those stories are created and allowed to be debunked, so they can be used at future times in case something really does break through the filters.

Its like planting one or two people in a protest, if they time it right they can start shouts and little songs, and people will join in, I see it every day in football games, when the songs start, they don't come from thin air, they are rehearsed, and started by individual fans.

If you think I'm wrong, go and see for yourself, find a thread which made you take notice and get a little excited, then watch for threads that start soon after, then watch what happens to the original, and watch who posts in the new thread, go see.

A thread for someone there maybe, I'm really to tired to think.

Apologies for rambling.

And I am not saying staff or owners of ATS are involved either, I wouldn't know if they were either would you, perhaps they are being duped ,or being led also, how would we ever know?.

BTW where are all the mods? any one notice they don't seem to be around much at all recently.

[edit on 16/10/2008 by azzllin]

[edit on 16/10/2008 by azzllin]

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

He's more likely to make fun of mccain for him bringing up these manufactured, non-issues for political gain like he's been doing when he (and obama) should be talking about real issues that affect people like the imminent collapse of our economic system and the attack on our constitution.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Reddupo

Maybe that is a reflection on the intelligence of the audience pertaining their political views. Obama has good support among the college educated. Dumb people don't appreciate satire. It was hilarious to see colbert in character on bill oreilly.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Desert Dawg
Does Stewart criticize Obama on his show?

Or just go for the cheap laugh at the Republican candidates ?

Is fair and balanced a part of what he does or is it just a comedy show?

The Democratic party have blunders and Jon Stewart also points them out.

Is it Jon Stewart's fault if the Republican Party make more blunders and hence give him more material to work with?

[edit on 16/10/2008 by SilentShadow]

<< 1    3 >>

join