It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Other Alien Photos

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I remmber seeing number 1 on here already it was spose to be a chuba picture but was a fake. Yes right away i saw number 7 i thought of a jelly fish, the others i dont know about. Number 8 looks like a bunch of high beam lights they use in like las vegas that go up in the air and twist and all that junk i dont think they are ufo's in that picture but i may be wrong.

[Edited on 25-3-2004 by ShadowMan]

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 10:29 PM
link   
If I saw picture 7 somwhere else besides here then I would have guessed it was a jellyfish... I only thought of it being a UFO because its on this site.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Here is another article on the "Battle for Los Angles"...

www.sfmuseum.org...

sometimes truth is more embarrassing than fiction .....

A careful study of the evidence suggests that meteorological balloons�known to have been released over Los Angeles �may well have caused the initial alarm. This theory is supported by the fact that anti-aircraft artillery units were officially criticized for having wasted ammunition on targets which moved too slowly to have been airplanes. After the firing started, careful observation was difficult because of drifting smoke from shell bursts. The acting commander of the anti-aircraft artillery brigade in the area testified that he had first been convinced that he had seen fifteen planes in the air, but had quickly decided that he was seeing smoke. Competent correspondents like Ernie Pyle and Bill Henry witnessed the shooting and wrote that they were never able to make out an airplane. It is hard to see, in any event, what enemy purpose would have been served by an attack in which no bombs were dropped, unless perhaps, as Mr. Stimson suggested, the purpose had been reconnaissance.

[Edited on 25-3-2004 by Netchicken]

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by heelstone

Originally posted by John Nada
You honestly believe that about the last one Heelstone? I thought the special effects in The Wizard of Oz were better.
Whats not to believe about the last one? Thats the famous "Battle of L.A." photo where the military even acknowledged as actually happening. It happened before the government started the public hunt for UFOs with the Kenneth Arnold sighting, so it remains a mystery. Though its certainly a real UFO event.

Some links to the event.

www.subversiveelement.com...
ufocasebook.com...

i backhim up on 7. It was a big firefight vs this ufo that just stood there with many many people watching..., it was reported in the news papper...

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I don't think the Gulfbreeze photos #4 and #5 are real UFOs. I've heard that a model or lamp on a wire that looked exactly like this was found in the attic of the photographer's home after it was sold to a new owner.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 11:00 PM
link   
WE see the pic as a "giant UFO" as we expect to see the lines that are around it. Those lines are not infact there, they are inferred by us as we examine the picture by our expectation of a "Close Encounters" type of scene.

"Spotlights and Antiaircraft fire over Los Angeles"

This does not explain why all lights are focused on one place however.

Over hte previous days there was an upswelling of paranoia and anxiety over something expected to occur. Everyone was on edge.

During the night of 24/25 February 1942, unidentified objects caused a succession of alerts in southern California. On the 24th, a warning issued by naval intelligence indicated that an attack could be expected within the next ten hours. That evening a large number of flares and blinking lights were reported from the vicinity of defense plants. An alert called at 1918 [7:18 p.m., Pacific time] was lifted at 2223, and the tension temporarily relaxed. But early in the morning of the 25th renewed activity began. Radars picked up an unidentified target 120 miles west of Los Angeles. Antiaircraft batteries were alerted at 0215 and were put on Green Alert�ready to fire�a few minutes later

See here, fear and tension led to jumpy and panicy reports

During the night of 24/25 February 1942, unidentified objects caused a succession of alerts in southern California. On the 24th, a warning issued by naval intelligence indicated that an attack could be expected within the next ten hours. That evening a large number of flares and blinking lights were reported from the vicinity of defense plants. An alert called at 1918 [7:18 p.m., Pacific time] was lifted at 2223, and the tension temporarily relaxed. But early in the morning of the 25th renewed activity began. Radars picked up an unidentified target 120 miles west of Los Angeles. Antiaircraft batteries were alerted at 0215 and were put on Green Alert�ready to fire�a few minutes later

This was not one episode, but an entire series of episodes. Each building on the fears laid down by the previous one. Read the offical report www.cufon.org...
they were panicy and jumpy for days earlier. There were great stories and rumors of Japanesse attack and infiltration occuring. Earlier a jap sub even fired on one of the oil refineries. The military were trigger happy and expecting something to happen.

They were all expecting to be attacked and they got their wish, although it was all a figment of their imagination.

www.militarymuseum.org...

RR

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Some photo analysis of the Battle of LA picture:

Link

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Also there was no reporting in the media about it being an alien attack, read the documents above.

The populase all knew they had just been spooked and hadn't been attacked at all. www.sfmuseum.org... They were embarrased about it for goodness sake!

The divergence of views between the War and Navy departments, and the unsatisfying conjectures advanced by the Army to explain the affair, touched off a vigorous public discussion. The Los Angeles Times, in a first-page editorial on 26 February, announced that �the considerable public excitement and confusion� caused by the alert, as well as its �spectacular official accompaniments, � demanded a careful explanation. Fears were expressed lest a few phony raids undermine the confidence of civilian volunteers in the aircraft warning service.

This is a case where the situation has been twisted by our expectations of what WE expect to happen, based on some B grade movie, and overlaying that on the actual events. The reality is far more normal and understandable.

Army Chief of Sfaff General George Marshall report of the attack to President Roosevelt
www.militarymuseum.org...

[Edited on 25-3-2004 by Netchicken]

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Condorcet
I don't think the Gulfbreeze photos #4 and #5 are real UFOs. I've heard that a model or lamp on a wire that looked exactly like this was found in the attic of the photographer's home after it was sold to a new owner.
I've read that before as well. Such a claim is incredible really. Would a hoaxster really leave the evidence behind? I'm sure it was planted by somebody to make the sightings seem less real. Thats my take on it anyway.

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 03:25 AM
link   
I also want to point out that Netchicken's links regarding the debunking of the Battle of L.A. event don't actually preclude the possibility of a flying saucer. Certainly balloons are a more prosaic explanation, but there were reports by people at the time of seeing a very large orange glowing object and not flare balloons.

[Edited on 26-3-2004 by heelstone]

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Alrighhht:

#3 looks like a blimp with the form of a UFO. I mean look at the skin.

#6 has that airplane model tipe thing going on its surface, you know like in the first starwars movies they took a dozen battleship modles riped them appart and glued them on the deck of the star destroyers to make em look better.

#2 This picture showld win the worst fake ever award, either that or somebody put an alien in the microwave and then took a pic.

#1 Its a work of art. www.abovetopsecret.com...

As fore the rest I cant realy tell but they are better pictures than the usual ufo pics.

Flame

[Edited on 27-3-2004 by TheDarkFlame]

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 10:44 AM
link   
All of those pic look fake to me except 7. 7 is a ufo, it is either a alien ship or a rare could formation but it is still a ufo.

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 10:52 AM
link   
The only one of those I`d even think about calling genuine is the last one. The first one is some interesting artwork by a photographer and was first posted (other than the artists website) on the black vault sometime middle of last year but we tracked down the artists website and was easily discredited.

The second one has a long thread on it at this site and I believe can largely be discredited.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The fourth and fifth are as stated the Gulf brieze photos and although I will keep an open mind on them I personally don`t believe they are real.

The sixth is most definitely a rendition of the supposed TR3B and not a real picture at all

And Seven makes me want to laugh.

I`d also suggest members do a search in the ATS archives to find other old discussions on alien photos as there have been quite a few

[Edited on 28-3-2004 by cassini]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join