It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Area 19

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2003 @ 09:29 AM
link   
what is it, and why does the electric pole just stop in the middle of the dessert.
also about area 51.. underground there is a millitary base isn't there?

posted on Jan, 21 2003 @ 09:02 PM
link   
yes

posted on Apr, 30 2003 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I was posting this, and it said same subject in this forum, well no real info here so I will bump it. Anyone have any information about Area 19, this website sparked some intrest in it for me : www.serve.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2003 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Interesting bit about the camo'd runway... I suppose there are ways to make it undetectable, even to other spectrums...but at a great cost....if true, must be something very important there....

posted on May, 5 2003 @ 09:38 PM
link   
interesting link. I'm going to look into it more. thanks for posting it.

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I've heard of these power lines before. I think they go to an underground laser weapons research center.

Tim

posted on Aug, 5 2003 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Well, I don't know about those things but here is what I heard. Area 19 and 20 are registered as nuclear testing grounds but are not being used currently for that.

There are some places that say there is a runway that is blended in with the ground around it. When something is due for a landing, they turn on a water system there to soak the natural ground. When it gets soaked in, the runway appears because it doesn't change color.

Sounds like rumors, eh? Hard to do research on it because there aren't many websites or books on it.

posted on Aug, 5 2003 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Very good way of hiding a runway! as long as the surface is very compact, just wetting it will allow the runway to be seen and with just a little natural heat and light ... voila .... there it was ... gone again!

posted on Aug, 5 2003 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJDOHBOY
Very good way of hiding a runway! as long as the surface is very compact, just wetting it will allow the runway to be seen and with just a little natural heat and light ... voila .... there it was ... gone again!

Well, it is a pretty good idea. The only downside is it would still be noticed by inferred cameras on satellites. But who would really work that hard to see a runway?

posted on Aug, 6 2003 @ 09:47 AM
link   
probably better not to ask that question ... we might all go missing

posted on Aug, 6 2003 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJDOHBOY
probably better not to ask that question ... we might all go missing

I don't care. I have rights. You guys will stick up for me, right? [Everyone goes silent.]

FINE!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How do I always get suckered into changing the subject....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Is there anything actually in print about Area 19/20? We all just seem to have different stories. The runway thing is the only thing I have read on it. It was all I could find (it was just the same thing on all of the sites).

[Edited on 8-6-2003 by Cammo Dude]

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cammo Dude

There are some places that say there is a runway that is blended in with the ground around it. When something is due for a landing, they turn on a water system there to soak the natural ground. When it gets soaked in, the runway appears because it doesn't change color.

Sounds like rumors, eh? Hard to do research on it because there aren't many websites or books on it.

Now I have a Guess about the how they might hide the runway in Area 19. I've heard and read that there are areas in the desert where the ground is hard enough to land aircraft on the natural desert so what if you just cleared an area of loose rocks and then projected runway marking on the bare desert soil. Could you not possibly land a plane on it? If the runway is simply a hologram projected on the desert floor that would explane how it could vanish so quickly.

Tim

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 07:48 AM
link   
has anyone got any pictures of Area 19??

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Well....the real way to do it...would be to have the concrete runway (colored as mentioned) and sprinkler system. Then, bury a lot of concrete rubble all over the surrounding area, just under the sand...making it look like perfectly natural rock distribution, to any overhead sattelites...distorting the outline of the runway... Do the same thing, in assorted nearby spots, and you've effectively hidden your runway....

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Nice link. Good read. Thanks.

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 09:26 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Very interesting article.

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Sarcasimo.

Thanks.

Exellent Map of Area-19

www.dreamlandresort.com...

[Edited on 21-8-2003 by quaneeri]

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 04:02 PM
link   
quaneeri, I get a error when I go to the link you provided:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /richard/milchart.jpg on this server.

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I just tried it, it works fine for me. !

I have changed the link above to the main index page.

If you look under the map link.

And then look for map (Nellis Range Chart)

[Edited on 21-8-2003 by quaneeri]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join