It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IE Problem

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Okay. Sometimes and getting more frequent all the time, I'll hit a link and it will open up and go immediately all white, blank page and "done" pops up on the lowest window panel (at the bottom).

What the heck is this anomaly and how can I fix it?

Thanks ahead of time,
Cuhail

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Download firefox.. LOL..
IE is a lil too wonky for me lately.. i have absolutely NO complaints with firefox!

www.mozilla.com...

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I don't know what causes that... but I know a good fix.

Mozilla Firefox. It is really nice.

or you could even try the new Google Chrome - it's really fast.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Keep in mind, I, at this time, have dial-up. Later, I will have DSL, but, for now, I'm stuck with dial-up.
I did, at one time, download Firefox, but, it slowed my computer down really bad.
Granted, this computer I am on now is of a much higher quality that the one I downloaded Firefox to, but, will my dial-up status make a difference?

Cuhail

[EDIT to add] I have to add, your replies didn't address my problem. If you don't know the Internet Explorer problem that causes this, please save me the "get firefox" advice. I've heard it. Thanks.

C

[edit on 9/29/2008 by Cuhail]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
well i googled your symptoms and came up with this link.. maybe it can help..Didnt mean to diss your ie.. Sorry..

www.eggheadcafe.com...
edited to add: if i didnt find your problem with google.. there are many PC forums that if you type in exactly the issue at google, odds are you will find help.. hope it works for you -)

[edit on 9/29/08 by SugarJ]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Well I am no expert, but I have to agree that Firefox is an improvement. I was having problems with my art site, Deviantart and IE, and since I am a paying member it behooved me to switch browsers. Since I liked Firefox on my Mac I use it now on my PC. No complaints!

Edit to add: oops! Didn't read far enough and I didn't know you had such a bad taste for Firefox. Maybe IE just sucks. Trying another browser wont hurt anything. You can always delete it if it isn't right for you. No harm done by trying.

[edit on 29-9-2008 by raven bombshell]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuhail
Keep in mind, I, at this time, have dial-up. Later, I will have DSL, but, for now, I'm stuck with dial-up.
I did, at one time, download Firefox, but, it slowed my computer down really bad.
Granted, this computer I am on now is of a much higher quality that the one I downloaded Firefox to, but, will my dial-up status make a difference?

Since you have dial up I would recommend you opera, it does not affect system resources at all and is very useful for slower connections.

www.opera.com

[edit on 29/9/08 by peacejet]

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Hi guys. I am finding myself urged to say I have nothing against Firefox. I have never heard a bad thing about it and my one experience with it was less-than-satisfactory because of the machine I was on.

My [EDIT to add] was just me pointing out that it was like:

"I am having a problem with my Ford's clutch."

"Oh, I drive a chevy and I've never had a problem, you should just get a Chevy..."

Nice to hear, no help at all.

I'm downloading Firefox as we speak. I'll give it another shot, but, I've been using IE for such a long time, it may be ungainly for a while.

Thanks for the replies, I'll let ya know how it turns out.

Cuhail

new topics

top topics

join