It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roswell : Strange rock raises questions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   

A strange rock with unusual magnetic properties - deeply scored, with what appears to be moon phases, a solar eclipse and the depiction of a supernova -- has been unearthed on the outskirts of Roswell. Its discovery has startled researchers, scientists and all who have examined it.

The deep wine-red colored rock, measuring less than two inches across, and weighing about 40 grams, was unearthed in September 2004 by Roswell businessman Robert Ridge, 50 , who said he found it while deer hunting in Cedar Hill, 17 miles "as the crow flies" from the 1947 purported UFO crash site.

- Complete story here -

The mystery surrounding the origin of a rock bearing unusual properties found near Roswell in 2004 deepened this week following Wednesday's story detailing its discovery and the suggestion by investigators that the rock might be of extraterrestrial origin.

Colin Andrews, a renowned crop circle investigator and author in England, said, "I can confirm that the design on the stone allegedly discovered near Roswell, New Mexico ... is precisely the same as a design discovered in cereal crops that I investigated during 1996 in southern England. The crop circle design was discovered on the morning of Aug. 2, 1996, below an ancient site called Liddington Castle, in the county of Wiltshire, England."

- Complete story here -

The August 2, 1996 Liddington Castle, in the county of Wiltshire, England, Wheat Formation matches Roswell Rock Pattern

- Complete story here -

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   
So, let's assume this is an alien artifact. Was it in the possession of the aliens that crashed at Roswell, or was it deposited by other aliens at an earlier or later time? Anyone have a good idea or guess?

Very interesting story, though there's also quite a chance that some advanced pranksters could've seen the crop circle photos and used the same design on the rock. I'm not sure about the magnetism issue, though. It's early morning, I'm tired and not thinking clearly enough to cover that.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Rock Rotates Under Magnet FULL ARTICLE HERE

The first time we ever put a magnet to it, I saw that the rock was reactive to the magnet.

IN WHAT WAY?

It spins. The rock will spin when you hold a magnet over the top of it, like over one circle, the rock spins counter-clockwise. Then if you hold the magnet over the other side of the other circle, the rock spins counter-clockwise.

But, yesterday (July 9, 2008) when I went to a TV station, the rock wanted to spin clockwise when I demonstrated it for them. Nine times out of ten when I put a magnet over the top of the pattern side of the rock, the rock wants to spin counter-clockwise. But yesterday, for some unknown reason, it wanted to go clockwise. I can’t explain why that is.

HOW CLOSE DO YOU HAVE TO HAVE THE MAGNET TO THE ROCK IN ORDER FOR IT TO SPIN?

Very close, a quarter-inch away. When you put the rock underneath a compass, I can take the rock and move it in a circular motion and the needle of the compass will spin with the rock.

IF THE ROCK IS ON A TABLE, AND YOU TAKE THE MAGNET FIRST OVER EITHER OF THE CRESCENT MOONS, THE ROCK WILL GENERALLY TURN EITHER CLOCKWISE OR COUNTER-CLOCKWISE.

Correct.

THEN IF YOU PUT THE MAGNET DOWN AND PICK UP THE COMPASS AND PUT THE COMPASS OVER THE ROCK, THE ROCK DOES NOT SPIN AND ONLY THE COMPASS NEEDLE SPINS?

Correct.

[edit on 29/9/2008 by LouCypher]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Roswell Rock Lab Analysis

“The pattern is remarkable. Obviously, it is something that took a lot of care and knowledge to produce because this hard, iron-rich sandstone with magnetite is not easily worked.” - James Constantopoulos, Ph.D., Geologist

- Full Article here -

Back of carved rock was tested first in ENMU Geology X-ray Laboratory
and its spectra above is very similar to the front carved side of the rock. Na is Sodium.
Si is Silicon. Rh is Rhodium. K is Potassium. Ca is Calcium. Ti is Titanium.
V is Vanadium. Mn is Manganese. Fe is Iron.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Complete website about the Roswell rock

Mysteries of the world - Roswell Rock

Topics :

- Roswell Rock - Owner
- Size, Weight, Shape, Color & Condition
- Frontview - 'Crop Circle' Design (Carvings)
- Rearview
- Magnetic Properties with Possible Explanations
- Location of Find
- Recent Investigations
- Endnotes / References / Bibliography

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Again this is a good story but if this is an alien artifact then what the hell would it be used for? A coin? No chance! A childs toy? I'm sick of those pesky alien kids ruining my lawn.

I just can't buy this as an artifact it just looks like its made of play dough or something

sorry

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by LouCypher

This has been discussed here, and I think it was deemed a hoax. The story of its whereabouts was deeply questioned. It looks nice, but it is a hoax.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

where's the link for the hoax??

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Here is an excisting thread about the Roswell rock:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

join