It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why no cameras at the Pentagon?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   
We have been over the confiscated videos many times now, but lets take a step back from the Pentagon scenario as a whole for a minute and think. Many of us question why no jets were scrambled, some say there were, some say there weren't, the arguements on both sides have valid points. However, lets think of something we have a lot more of than fighter jets, video cameras.

If you were a news team, and there were ongoing terrorist attacks, would no one go to the Pentagon to get the scoop? Theres not one reporting team that thought of this in 2 hours? There was video as soon as there was smoke, I remember and its on the news archives also. By the time the Pentagon was hit (with whatever munition it was) we already knew that this was the worst terrorist attack in history.

And then theres the part that really should set off a red light. Ever seen Resovior Dogs? This scene in particular...

Do you even doubt it, man? I don't THINK we got set up, I KNOW we got set up! I mean, really, seriously, where did all those cops come from, huh? One minute they're not there, the next minute they're there? I didn't hear any sirens. The alarm went off, okay. Okay, when an alarm goes off, you got an average of four minutes response time. Unless a patrol car is cruising that street, at that particular moment, you got four minutes before they can realistically respond. In one minute there were seventeen blue boys out there. All loaded for bear, all knowing exactly what the..

How did the news get there so quickly after the attack? The roads were a mess. Traffic at a standstill. Definately a no fly zone at this point so it wasnt choppers. But they were there minutes after the attack, even though that would be next to impossible in that scenario.

In summary 2 questions
1. Why were there no news teams at the Pentagon when the obviosly werent banned and there was a HUGE story there even before the attacks?
2. If they really weren't there how did they get there so fast in a chaotic situation with limited road access?

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Good questions. I'm trying to remember if there were statements issued from the Pentagon early in the morning that day. I'm sure there were. Maybe the media at the Pentagon that morning were all inside the building when the incident occurred. Then they rushed outside afterward and started to cover it from the outside.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 03:23 AM
link   
It was of course Rumfeld!

He probably told them not to come out until they saw him on the lawn, helping carry
the dead or injured away!!

[edit on 28-9-2008 by djeminy]

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Trust me. There are cams there to inspect every meter of ground and building.

They just chose not release any footage. And within minutes conficated the tape from the gas station across the way.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by jpm1602

Why? They have actual security people to do that. Someone walking the grounds and building is going to be far more effective than a security camera. Having worked in places which would be considered medium security, I can tell you that the cameras were typically there for verification alone.

Even so, in response to a FOIA request, details of the number of videotapes available was released. Nobody that I know of has yet to request videos excepting those that contained the impact of AA77. Perhaps JudicialWatch could do so, or perhaps a private citizen should, but all of you should be aware of the number of videotapes available.

They just chose not release any footage. And within minutes conficated the tape from the gas station across the way.

Not only the gas station (which footage has been released) but any local facility that might have recorded the impact (two or three of which have been released)

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Because it is the Pentagon expo. They have millions of dollars of recording equipment.

Physcial bodies on the ground are all good and well. But we a speaking of the Pentagon here.

They are dig cam'd to the hilt. Any thought otherwise is bolderdash.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Because it is the Pentagon expo. They have millions of dollars of recording equipment.

Physcial bodies on the ground are all good and well. But we a speaking of the Pentagon here.

They are dig cam'd to the hilt. Any thought otherwise is bolderdash.

The only evidence presented showed a camera density about the same as your average business site in the UK. Please show me some evidence suggesting that they had this huge number of cameras that you're claiming.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 05:34 AM
link   
You are certainly free to believe anything you want. I could be wrong. But I don't think so on this one.

Peace.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 06:14 AM
link   
This certainly implies a large number of cameras

FBI Withholding 84 More Tapes of Pentagon on 9/11
Magically Only 1 shows impact so why not release the rest?

Steve Watson / Infowars | May 17 2006

The FBI is withholding at least another 84 surveillance tapes that were seized in the immediate aftermath of the attack on the Pentagon.

There is an ongoing lawsuit to get these tapes released via the Freedom of Information Act. The FBI has admitted in a statement to attorney, Scott Hodes, representative of Mr Scott Bingham who runs the website www.flight77.info... that they have these tapes, that they have already analyzed them and are still keeping them under lock and key.

84 tapes withheld.

This story is a little old so if anyone has an update on the status, that would be appreciated but I think 84 tapes is a good amount of cameras to be pointing to one side of a 5 sided building.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by MorningStar8741

It pays to get up-to-date reliable information.... This is a summary response from FBI Agent Jacqueline McGuire regarding 85 video tapes.

In Summary:

* She determined that the FBI had 85 videotaptes that might be relevant. Of those, 56 "of these videotapes did not show either the Pentagon building, the Pentagon crash site, or the impact of Flight 77 into the Pentagon on September 11."
* Of the 29 remaining videotapes, 16 "did not show the Pentagon crash site and did not show the impact of Flight 77 into the Pentagon."
* Of the 13 remaining tapes which showed the Pentagon crash site, 12 "only showed after the impact of Flight 77."
* The videotape taken from the Citgo gas station did not show the impact.
* No videotapes were located from the Sheraton Hotel, though she located a videotape from the Doubletree Hotel.

flight77.info...

If you read more details, some of these tapes were not from the Pentagon area, some were from NYC and other areas.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reheat
reply to post by MorningStar8741

It pays to get up-to-date reliable information....

Thanks, I do believe I stated that it was old info and could use and update but I really appreciate the snark anyway. So, how many cameras does the pentagon have outside facing that lawn?

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Trust you, huh? On the basis of what exactly?

Perhaps you could make it a little easier for us, you know, by identifying exactly how it is that you have access to this knowledge? Do you have inside awareness of the CCTV system at the Pentagon? What system do they use? Are all of the cameras recorded?

From your further replies the best effort you've made to explain your awareness of these cameras inspecting "every meter of ground and building" is "it's the Pentagon."

Sorry mate, I won't speak for anyone else but I've had the wool pulled over my eyes a few times by people such as yourself that make these types of claims, so I hope you won't mind if I request that you back up your assertion with something other than "trust me".

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by jprophet420
1. Why were there no news teams at the Pentagon when the obviosly werent banned and there was a HUGE story there even before the attacks?
2. If they really weren't there how did they get there so fast in a chaotic situation with limited road access?

Do a google search on "Pentagon correspondent" and I think you will find that there is a continuous media presensce at the Pentagon.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Michael Moore, who has filmed at the Pentagon before, noticed many cameras that would have been able to catch the event. I think as a director he might know a thing or two about that sort of thing. Some debunkers actually believe the cameras were of the quality that ATM machines use, only prepared for the slowest of attacks!

The OP's original question is a good one, the media suddenly showed up but had no film of the event in question, it leads me to believe that they probably do possess the footage but under strict orders gave over the footage, that is just my feeling on it, cause the media can look at you bold face and lie, and of course the gov can do the same thing as well.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by discombobulator

So why is it that still noone can answer how many cameras there are there? I know I saw a film once that showed many of the cameras along the roof. It seemed like a rediculous amount but it was for over-redundancy in coverage they said. I cannot find it or back that up but I am more shocked that noone has been able to post any real info on the camera situation yet.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Did we only have cheap parking lot cameras from the Pentagon?

NO!

There was a destroyed piece of equipment on the Pentagon facade just north of the impact area. Some people had suggested it was a light or something else.

It was a camera.

Here it is and its proximity to the alleged impact zone.

Here is the replacement today. We were unable to get a good context photo of it because we were driving and the Pentagon memorial construction was obstructing the wall from the road. But this is definitely the same camera.

I am now 100% sure that they have footage from right above and to the north of the impact. This is also a high quality piece of equipment - not a cheesy little camera from a parking booth.

Where is this footage???

Since it does not technically show the wall of the Pentagon because of its placement, it may not have showed the alleged "impact" point. But I'll bet 10-1 that it would have revealed the position of the aircraft. It probably sees all the way to the Citgo from my guess and would have had more time to catch frames than the security shack cameras.

Since as of 2008 this data continues to be suppressed and since we now know the plane was on the north side, it's pretty obvious why they will refuse to show any clear images/footage of the aircraft until forced via congressional hearings and indictments.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
The Navy Annex

Photos of the annex on that day are hard to come by since obviously everybody was facing the Pentagon. But here is one showing the same model of camera on the north side of the building that was on the Pentagon wall.

Then Russell took this shot on our trip of the south wall of the Navy Annex showing the same model of camera that was on the Pentagon wall as well as the replaced one at the Sheraton.

The front part of the Annex has been demolished since 9/11. They may have had a camera on that corner too since it was lower and more forward. The blue thing to the right is a new Air Force memorial sculpture they were still building in 2006.

There were several other cameras at various locations on the Annex as well but this is a sensitive area to photograph so this is all that Russell obtained at the time.

In fact Russell was detained for a while taking pics there and then we were ALL detained the following day at the citgo station for taking video footage there. It was a matter of seconds before they had about 5 pentagon police cars and 2 unmarked SUV's with feds in suits. They basically searched everything we had, confiscated our video tapes, and interrogated us for a couple of hours before letting us go.

Luckily we were smart enough to change the tapes back at the hotel before going there to film so all they got was the 30 seconds we took up on the hill at the Citgo!

Here is a still shot of the view we were taping that got confiscated:

But back to the security cameras:

This same model of camera was all over the military buildings in Pentagon City. There were two buildings we saw with military security and armed guards. Those two buildings had no less than 12 cameras between them. They were also the same model as on the Annex and the Pentagon wall. They were up high and would have had clear views.

I don't know if the video from them would have been confiscated or not. The footage might have just vanished since they were under military command. I can see the Citgo footage being taken because of "civilian" employees.

The point I am 100% convinced of is that there were multiple views that would have at least caught an image of an aircraft. The videos aren't being released for a reason and we all know why.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
The Sheraton

On our initial research trip to Arlington we did some investigating in regards to the confiscated video tapes.

We conveniently stayed at the Sheraton National on the 14th floor with an amazing view of the pentagon and all the potential flight paths.

(view from Sheraton, flight path illustrated by Edward Paik)

This made it convenient to look into the situation about the video that was confiscated from the Sheraton.

First let's note what the FBI had previously said about this video.

The MAGUIRE DOCUMENTS were the initial result of an FBI response from special agent Jacqueline Maguire to the previous FOIA efforts regarding the sequestered security video tapes for the most part still in government possession.

The documents can still be viewed here too at full size: www.pentagonresearch.com...
(CIT has them saved but let's refer here while they still exist)

The FBI says:

"I also conducted a search of the FBI's Electronic Case File System, Investigative Case Management System, and other evidence databases for any videotapes in the possession of the FBI from the Sheraton National Hotel in Arlington, Virginia. I did not locate any such video tape."
(Maguire Documents)

This is purely nonsense. The notion that the FBI missed getting that camera after acquiring 85 total videos that they admit to having is plain old silly. The Sheraton camera would have had a very valuable view and would have been in the top two most obvious locations to check first - the other being the Citgo. The following image is to locate and document the video camera that was at the Sheraton.:

This is the exact same location now. Note how the old camera is missing and the new camera appears to be the same model as the new camera at the Pentagon wall, the Annex and the same as we saw at the military buildings in Pentagon City as I will later demonstrate.

This is taken from the room. The importance of this is that the camera would have been nearly the closest one and would certainly have been able to confirm or deny what all of the eyewitnesses on Columbia Pike and the CITGO station told us.

But it was mysteriously removed!

Trying to give the benefit of the doubt we attempted to investigate this. Dylan Avery & Russell Pickering both had tried many calls to the general manager Paul Giovanni prior to the trip. Then while there in person we went to his office 3 times. At one point, in a last desperate attempt, Dylan and Russell went together and left a handwritten note with Giovanni's assistant explaining the request to see him.

Russell watched his assistant go talk to him as he made excuses just 40 feet away from them. The assistant finally ran into him in the lobby and told him that Giovanni refused to talk with us. It became clear that Giovanni made a significant effort to physically avoid anyone with our team.

My assessment in regards to the Sheraton video is that we are being lied to. The camera is well documented to have been there before and after 9/11. The tape is "missing" now and the camera has been physically removed. The general manager Paul Giovanni is terrified to talk about it and everybody there is tight lipped. There is a clear cover up going on as concluded by Russell Pickering and the entire research team at the time.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
The CITGO

The following text was written by Russell himself in 2006 and published a mere 10 days before the CITGO video was released (with note added at the time by me regarding the brand new north side confirmation from Robert Turcios). I'll copy it as he published it to preserve the integrity of the time-line as it was released and then comment afterward.

According to the manager of the Citgo who was very kind and informative with us, their video was not actually taken away in minutes as the famous quote has told us. They were evacuated for about two hours from the Citgo and minutes after they reopened the camera was taken. She never viewed the video herself. Her account was interesting as an audio witness. She recalls the rumbling sound and 3 distinct explosions. Aldo has a lead on an employee who was outside the station and may place the aircraft for us.

*NOTE* Aldo has followed through and this witness corroborates the account of William Lagasse who puts the plane to the NORTH (left) of the citgo which is on the OPPOSITE side that it needs to be if it's going to hit the light poles!

(red is official story path blue is witness path)

The Citgo manager physically took me out under the canopy and showed me the location of the removed camera. It was pointed at pump 2.

ALL of the cameras are under the canopy. I did not see any that were external. The manager described this one as having had a clear view of the Pentagon wall and quite a bit north as well. You can see where the impact was and the higher angle of the camera that may have captured it.

You can see here on the south canopy that they have two cameras. So now on the north they have only one? The two most critical cameras in proximity to the flight path and the impact are denied by the FBI and mysteriously missing?

"Among the eighty-five (85) videotapes described in paragraph 11, above, I located one videotape taken from closed circuit television at the Citgo Gas Station in Arlington, Virginia. Because of its generally poor quality, the tape was taken to the FBI's Audio-Video Image Analysis Unit (AVIAU).....to determine that the videotape did not show the impact of Flight 77 into the Pentagon on September 11, 2001." (Maguire Documents)
Full sized documents here: www.pentagonresearch.com...

Note that they use the word "impact" as a word game to comply with the verbiage of the original FOIA. They don't say whether or not the film showed an aircraft!

Coincidence that both cameras are gone?

Ok so 10 days after this was published by Russell on the original Loose Change Forum the CITGO video which was the MOST critical view of the final flight path moments was released, with the most critical view of the Pentagon and alleged impact point manipulated out of the data.

Red: Critical views removed from data
Green: Irrelevant views that were released

The timing of the release was beyond coincidental since it was also just days after Aldo announced that we talked with gas station employee Robert Turcios who saw the plane pull up on the north side. Robert was also manipulated out of the data.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
What about all those Immigrant yard workers that say they say a plane come down and hit the Pentagon..

They are hired actors? or FBI agents?

No explosives in the towers..
No missile hitting Pentagon.
Nothing like that.

Flight 93 was SHOT DOWN and Bush let 9/11 happen..

That's it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join