It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Melbourne Underground Tunnels in Magazine Article, October 2008.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
The October 2008 edition of RoyalAuto (the RACV magazine) has on page 24 an article titled The Hole Truth.

It profiles a bloke who's been looking at old WWII tunnels under Melbourne, trying to find hidden secrets.

They've had luck with one site in Northcote where the council is interested for them to keep pulling out the bricks from a complex underground.

There's rumours about other bases in the Dandenongs, the Yarra, Spencer St Train Station and others...

It's only a short, two page article, but it's worth a read if you're willing to take it further!

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Heres a bit more info

Tunnels under Melbourne

It sounds interesting im looking for more now.(info)

[edit on 18-9-2008 by SvenTheBerserK]

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Your website pretty much sums up the article in RoyalAuto.

The bloke in the article is Mark Rawson, who's also mentioned on that website.

Who knows what's under there? It's interesting to read that there could be lots of US Military stuff hidden away. That would be a nice treasure find for someone.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Great Post.
I often ride my along the yarra trails. (thats the local bike network)
and often wonder about the fabled wwII tunnels.
I can give a reference of some suspicious entrances in a cliff face along the merri creek trail, in the melways its is under oldis gardens and northcote park.
on the opposite side to the trail.
Ill go for a ride and take some photos and try to post them here.
Good to see some home town story's .... KEEP IT UP

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   

posted on 18-9-2008 at 10:20 PM Your website pretty much sums up the article in RoyalAuto. The bloke in the article is Mark Rawson, who's also mentioned on that website. Who knows what's under there? It's interesting to read that there could be lots of US Military stuff hidden away. That would be a nice treasure find for someone.

Just need to question why would there be US military hardware?

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Wow, cheers for that. I didn't know there had been so much down there.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeebsy

posted on 18-9-2008 at 10:20 PM Your website pretty much sums up the article in RoyalAuto. The bloke in the article is Mark Rawson, who's also mentioned on that website. Who knows what's under there? It's interesting to read that there could be lots of US Military stuff hidden away. That would be a nice treasure find for someone.

Just need to question why would there be US military hardware?

The U.S. Military squirrels away it's weapons, arms, and vehicles in out of the way places, that way, if it is needed, they only have to get the men there, the equipment will already be there.

I was told first hand (a long time ago) that this person guarded one of those "secret" underground facilities. By "secret" I don't mean alien bases, underground bunkers for housing people, or anything like that, but just an incredibly large storage space for your regular jeeps, guns, ammo, food, etc. Nothing "conspiracy" related, per se, just planning in the eventually that this kind of equipment would be needed. (And yes, I'm being purposely vague, as I don't know if the person was allowed to say this). I was told that I "would not believe how much stuff there was".

So yes, it is believable that they found weapon and ammo caches, among other things.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
If indeed these tunnels do exist, and ex US equipment from ww2 is inside, I doubt they would be of much use.

The reason this stuff was placed inside "tunnels" and "bunkers" was because this stuff was 'Lend-Lease' gear, meaning that our government leased the items from the US and when the war was over, the US Govt had no use for it, but the Aust Govt was not allowed to sell it or destroy it, so in the tunnels it went. I suppose out of sight, out of mind.

[edit on 18-8-2009 by grimnar]

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   
There are plenty of underground tunnels in melbourne...

here is a drain tunnel that has a supposed link to an old school used during ww2 by the US military...

this is in melbourne just outside the cbd

i have explored it before and it is possible for this tunnel to be linked to the school as it runs right under it...

could have been closed up tho...

www.youtube.com...

Would need a better quality torch and vid camera...should be able to find where it was closed off

new topics

top topics

join