It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bear-Proof Suit

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Here is a link to a bearproof suit. Even if I had the money to buy it, I wouldn't want to go walking around in the woods with this thing on.

www.nfb.ca...

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I saw that guy on TV a few years back. Not sure what drives him, but it sure is interesting!

Even with the suit on, there is no way in hell I am gonna tangle with a pissed off Kodiak or Grizzly!

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 01:24 PM
link   
lol you'd look like a transformer

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Looks more like something the police would come up with for riots and #.

It also reminds me of the cartoon series The Centurions.

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I don't think you'd be able to move to quickly in it. The bear would toss you around like a rag doll

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Penn & Teller seem to get a kick out of him. He was also (inexplicably) featured on Discovery Channel's "More Than Human." More discussion on Troy can be read in this ATS thread:
ProjectTroy

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 01:28 PM
link   
it doesnt work lol read this site

www.ananova.com...

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 01:29 PM
link   
oh yea i did see this guy on the tv a few years back also

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Oh man, i wonder if I would be allowed to wear this to school.

And imagine a terrorist getting some of these...put some bombs in it and he can charge anywhere and blow it up...scary.

I want one! I want to wear it and go into the woods and beat up animals! Hooray!

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I wonder if you could take on bigfoot and then carry
drag him to civilization.
No bigfoot would take one look at the suit and run.

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I'm sure I'd feel REALLY safe with the trigger finger "blaster can" bear repellant defense system!

besides sod wearin that thing it weighs 66kgs and not exactly running attire is it!

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 03:07 PM
link   
It looks like a high tech version of Homer's suit to protect him from bears. I loved that episode.

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Too bad you cant transform into a car or something... I would SO get it.

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by psycosrus
I'm sure I'd feel REALLY safe with the trigger finger "blaster can" bear repellant defense system!

Its not as good as the 'Shark repellant batspray' that Batman used in the 60's

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky

Originally posted by psycosrus

Its not as good as the 'Shark repellant batspray' that Batman used in the 60's

HAHA, I remember watching that. Wasnt he chasing the joker on surfboard of something?

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Yeah was about to say a bear would rip that thing apart with ease, and if for some reason it couldn't rip through the suit, it'd still kill you easily by crushing you.

I don't think this dumbass knows just how strong bears are.. oh well hope he dies. One less assjackal in the world.

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 05:56 PM
link   
It really makes this guys look stupid as hell when you see these other guys who just go out into the wild russian forests and testing their theorys on calm, nonviolent actions towards bears. I seen this one guys and his wife on T.V. that would just walk up to these big male bears spashing the water playfully and getting extremly close. He a was obviously scared inside, but posed to the bears as "playfull" and not a threat. Anyways that was a rant, but what I mean is Id rather not spend the 150k! lol

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Here i go, the bear will either bite throught it some how, crush you to death, attack your face (No face protection),cant run at all because of the weight, i find it useless against a bear. The only good thing out of it is you can scare your co-workers to think your the terminator

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I don't think that it would be the best way to passify a bear.
how would you feel if you had optimus prime tromping through your neck of the woods to check you out?

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I doubt you would ever see a bear or anything else. That suit probally makes too much noise to get close to anything, when your tromping through the woods.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join