It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paranormal State...Sep 29th...Gilliland Ranch

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I just saw the ad on Paranormal State that will show the Gilliland Ranch experience. September 29th

It will be very interesting to see how it compares to Johnny's footage. It should also be interesting to see their take on the subject.

I don't know how much credence to give these folks. Some of the episodes are downright hokey.

Just thought I'd give a "heads-up".

ATS'ers will be watching this episode in force I have a feeling.

FYI: The show airs on the A&E Network, in The USA. Monday nights, 9:00 PM, Central Time Zone.

[edit on 15-9-2008 by starcraft]

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
i've seen the show a couple of times an they appear to be rather professional, but some of the things they 'investigate' and the way they go about it is just plain stupid.

though it will be interesting to compare the footage to johnny's

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Crap! I will be traveling back from the Bay Area UFO Expo and will miss this.
Do they do re-runs?

I truly hope they do a "REAL" and decent job on this episode.

Springer...

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
If I miss the show at 10, it is on at 2 am then I can record it while i`m asleep.

Edit: Time change from 9 to 10, sorry.

[edit on 15-9-2008 by FiatLux]

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   
We need a few to tape this for ATS please...

I'm extremely curious to see their take on the events.. Also am curious as in what 'light' they will portray ATS as they just followed me when I was seeing nothing but satellites and then asked for a copy of my footage. I told them that all I had seen was satellites and that there were no UFO's captured... Although I did offer some more unusual captures that had a large "I wonder what that is" factor but they didn't want it.. So again... very curious to see how they project the show..

I did have to yell at some of the crew because they kept moving my equipment around without asking me and finally had to have the producer make an announcement to not touch anything that didn't belong to the A&E crew

So please.. someone tape it for us...

Johnny

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I normally download it to my harddrive with media center. So i`ll have it in my computer to watch later.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

I'm sure you will be disappointed. They basically take hours and hours of uneventful footage, cut it down to 25 minutes (not counting commercials!) add some spooky music, and pretend that something actually happened.

I actually really liked the show in the beginning, then i realized that nothing ever happens, in any episode!

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

I wasn't aware that P.S was there when you guys were. Mark my words, as I said in the above post.. they will become over-dramatic, make it look like something big is going to happen [commercial break] nothing happens... they bring in Chip Coffey, who attempts to contact an unknown force... something big is about to happen now [commercial break] nothing happens... yada yada yada.

They will portray us in a good light though, we are all on the same team.. unfortunately, there is money to be made and people to be entertained, so a show must be put on.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
An interesting tidbit regarding Paranormal State, for those who may not have seen the show before, is the constant undercurrent of the spiritual aspect of the paranormal. Group prayer is a common ingredient on this show, as well as exorcists, mediums, sensitives, or whatever they call themselves. They also firmly believe in an evil side...demons. Obviously also, hence the premise of the show, they believe these entities can be detected, and even contacted and communicated with as well. There is a common theme here with regard to James.

Their interactions with James should be interesting to watch, as it seems fairly obvious that James wants to put the spiritual/ dimensional reasoning into the equation as well. I have a feeling the main character/host of Paranormal State and James are going to see eye to eye on many aspects of the "lights".

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

lol you mean you don't have a dvr or tivo yet?

You know if you miss this you can always catch it later online. Either on youtube or elsewhere.

I will try and remember to watch this.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
This should be a pretty darn interesting show IMO.

I was there one of the nights they were filming. I noticed they were really concentrating on "the tree" that seems to have a lot of activity around it--They were constantly driving out to it, back and forth across the field.

Also, Ryan says in the commercial, "Something just "flashed" above me".

Now THIS, to me, was the most interesting phenomenon I experienced there---The objects that would have a BURST of light, that looked like a silent explosion, mid-air. Not a gradual "power up" as is often referred to, but a very quick "flash". It was really cool.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Bump, Bump.

Just a heads up for those that might be interested.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I just saw it...I thought it was pretty good! Certainly didn't look like satelites, especially the way one of them slowed down and changed directions...

I have seen very similar phenomena (but only better) in my backyard here in AZ on numerous nights...What I saw wasn't satelites either, and this looked to be the same thing!

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I`m recording it to my hard drive so i can watch it in the morning. I will be looking for the ATS guys(lol). Just so they smiled nice and big for the cameras.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   
As I thought, I ended up on the cutting room floor..

But if you notice the end of the credits it does say..
"Special thanks to AboveTopSecret.com" Thats because I showed them how to use NASA J-Track/Pass and gave them some of the nighttime footage that you see in the show.

So I still consider that a major plus for all of us!

Johnny

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   
That was a pretty cool show IMO! I wonder what that "figure" Ryan saw in the woods was? Sasquatch? There was some good footage, but I think Johnny's is better.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Paranormal State - - is WAY too Religious leaning for me.

I don't bother watching it anymore.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Hikis hit the nail right on the head about this retarded show.

ATS's footage was 200% better then what they showed.

The cheesy smile that ryan puts everytime he ask chip coffey something just shows how staged chip's answers are.

All of the cast of PS needs to take acting lessions if they want to keep on putting on a false show for ratings.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Watched the show and thought it was okay. Johnny A's footage here was more compelling and without the drama. The shows format is a little cheesy and it's not suprising at all to find the best footage of the show was Johnny's! I did see the "Special Thanks to AboveTopSecret.com" but that flashed by pretty fast and I wondered why they acknowledged ATS...which was nice! It certainly didn't say...additonal footage by....but that's entertainment.
James Gilliland and his ranch definitely has some compelling stuff going on so at least that message was clear. I think it's awesome he welcome's visitors, both human and unknown. Seeing UFO's for the first time with your own 2 eyes can be life altering and even a spiritual experience.

Springer, Crakeur & Johnny's show about the Ranch was more entertaining to me. Real people giving us a scientific and objective perspective and letting us decide what's what for ourselves.

Go Team ATS !

[edit on 30-9-2008 by Synthesist]

[edit on 30-9-2008 by Synthesist]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I was at the Gilliland ranch on Sept 20th. I was going to do a thread on it, but I didn't end up getting good photos/video, so I opt to add to this one.

Some notes from my trip:

1) James is very sincere and spiritual. He is not pushy in his belief system when you talk with him one on one.

2) The weather looked like it might rain so we did a meditation inside to try and call 'orbs.'

3) The meditation was relaxing and we took some pics of orbs which might be dust in the air (close up, blurry).

4) One girl caught an orb right next to my head and I saw her digital camera. The photo showed a bright light next to my head which I couldn't fully explain.

5) James did a presentation shortly after we arrived to the ranch. It showed many orbs captured with his IR camera. He also showed a 'triangle craft' although I never saw the outlines of a ship in the footage. Only 3 lights moving together in the night sky.

6) A friend of mine was outside later in the night and claimed to have seen 4 red lights (seemingly connected) in a square pattern very high up in the atmosphere. He later said it was probably a plane or something but wasn't sure.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join