It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing Nasa picture shows Hurricane Ike bearing down on Texas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Amazing Nasa picture shows Hurricane Ike bearing down on Texas as residents are told: 'Get out or face certain death'

Say a prayer for everyone in Texas as this one seems to be massive.

Source - www.dailymail.co.uk... .html

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
That is crazy! It looks like it has shock waves in the first picture! Ike is going to hit me about midday tomorrow I think...

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by davidifty

Awesome pics

especially the first one.
The raw power of nature certainly is frightening.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by asmeone2

Good luck bud!

The first pic looks like a massive Tsunami!

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
walls of squalls... damn that looks pretty menacing. It looks pretty big to be only a category 2. I didn't check to see what the storm surge was, but Galveston may be in for some rough stuff.. Houston, We have a problem!

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by mapsurfer_

I heard on the news just this morning that they are expecting storm surges of over 20 feet (I think this is the maximum they are predicting as of now) near Galveston and I believe the walls to stop such surges are only 17 feet tall there, so if the surge reaches the maximum they are calling for at this point it will go right over the walls. Very scary stuff!

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Why we create a new thread just to show some pictures of Hurricane Ike is beyond me. There are plenty of pictures in the Hurricane Ike thread and these would be a great place for them. In fact, I remember seeing the first pic in that thread already........

I don't get it....

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
CNN says that authorities are telling those that haven't evacuated Galveston Texas yet should write their social security numbers on their arm. Approximately 11,000 have not evacuated Galveston. 120,000 homes are projected to be destroyed. The storm is going up the Huston ship channel. They are saying that this storm is the worst case scenario for this area and it is actually strengthening at this moment. If this storm does the damage they think it will, they say it will effect the oil shipments. This will cause the gas prices to double or worse.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
i was there i heard people in galveston drowned in their car because of the traffic on the freeway. i dont know or doubt the water was that high it may have been but i saw in the newspaper houses and vessles washed up on interstate 45.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I made it through, the eye went right over us. The back side of the storm was worse than the front half. Just got power back on Sunday morning, it has been generator power only and lots of chansawing for the past week!

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Well, I live in Crockett, Texas, which is about 185-190 miles north of Galveston and we had some hellacious winds and power outages. I can only imagine what it must have been like for those in Galveston and Houston.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
That is where I am at......about 30 miles East of Houston......the eye went right over us.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

It still hasn't gotten better almost 6 months later.

new topics

top topics

join