It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Underground bases / cities in the UK

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I was digging around on the internet and found that there used to be or still is an underground city in wiltshire that would have been used by govt in times of War etc.
Do any of you out there know of anymore secret bases or cities within the UK.

I heard of one that is down in cornwall somewhere.
Anyone know of this ????

All replies and thanked in advance.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by colec156

I can help you with that, there is a "hollow hill" just next to the main bridge over the Tamar which separates Torpoint (devon) and Plymouth.
I have had first hand testimony of someone who visited the site during nuclear leak training. It's BIG...

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
templeton and trewcwn

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
wiltshire was burlington and latterly home of css (corsham computer centre)raf signals sq

plymouth is Plymouth Maritime Headquarters
(Mount Wise)

Hope that helps,a search for the above should help you .

Templeton is an above ground shelter ,eleswhere.Much smaller than pmh.

[edit on 31-8-2008 by gambon]

[edit on 31-8-2008 by gambon]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Hi Colec,

The Corsham area is still very active, as for other sites, a simple search on here for UK Secret Bases will provide you lots of information without us having to re post it all!

Cheers

Robbie

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   

This is the only site you need regarding UK bases above and underground

homepage.ntlworld.com...

doesent include the D.U.M.B.s

www.subbrit.org.uk...

is a list of cold war bunkers, although its incomplete.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by stratsys-sws

Top man.

Thanks very much for the intel.
In some situations there are places that you want to know about and find and others to just steer clear of.

Thanks again.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
when i lived in England.. Forest of Dean area, Gloucestershire... i would go out walking the dogs with my grandad.. and in the woods a bit theres was this stone square about 15 ft by 15 ft with a metal pipe in the middle (air pipe)... we always used to throw rocks an stuff down there and you could hear it hit the floor, it sounded like a pretty deep hole... but never did find out what was down there... it was wierd cause i dont think there was any other buildings near by.. but this was years ago when i was just a kid so my memory is a little fuzzy

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by kronzzz

It could be a vent for old mine workings. They're usually placed on top of the old mine shaft and are the last thing in the area to show there was a coal mine there. We have loads of them up north. If you want I could get pictures of one for you to compare it to.

As for underground facilities I've seen plenty of the old Observer Corps monitoring bunkers... and they are all tiny. I'd hate to be cooped up in those during times of high tension. Since the Observer Corps was disbanded a lot of them are falling into disrepair due to vandals. If you're lucky you might find an open one.

I wouldn't mind taking a walk around the Burlington Complex though, I'm fascinated by such things.

new topics

top topics

join