It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Fight Between a Crocodile and a Leopard (Photos)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Pretty amazing bunch of pics-I hadn't seen these before. The leopard not only takes the croc out, but drags it off for lunch...

blog.c77c.net...

Note to self-I pray I never run into a leopard in my lifetime.lol

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Here kitty kitty. I would have never thunk it. That must have been one hungry leo.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
You think the croc was at a disadvantage out of the water?

Here`s a cracking bit of footage from youtube

Dont P**$ of the buffalo

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Obviously the leopard wanted the Crockolisk meat. I believe it sells for a few silver or there abouts in Azeroth.

Stunning photos though! Starred.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Hurray for the mammals...three cheers!!!

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I think the Leopard got really lucky on this one. One well placed bite from the Croc, and I think it would be a different story, well it depends on the size of the croc.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soulstone
Obviously the leopard wanted the Crockolisk meat. I believe it sells for a few silver or there abouts in Azeroth.

I would pay a few silver to see a leopard take out a murloc!

They are pretty cool pics, however, I would think that the croc is question is a bit younger, being as it is about as long as the leopard.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
those guys were saying it was photoshopped and i almost thought that till i youtube searched for tiger vs. crocodile the croc in that video is way bigger than the one in the pics and the tiger owned it.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I think if the situations were reversed (Leopard in water, croc on water) the outcome would have been very different. Crocs on land if they can't keep whatever it is they're fighting infront of them, and Leopards are pretty damn fast. Having said that, it's a pretty cool set of photos. I wouldn't have thought a Leopard would have even thought about eating the Croc, so he/she may have done it before

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I have seen this one other time, but in a youtube video. A cat got the better of the croc in the friggin water. During the beginning of the video, I almost stopped it because I though for sure there was no need to finish as the outcome would most certainly be the croc. But alas, the damn kitty ended up dragging the dead croc out of the water. I tried to find it, but couldn't so here are a few I did find during my search.

Good post DD! Thanks for the awesome pictures!

Kitty vs. Croc 1
Tiger vs Croc (at 43 seconds in)
White panther vs Croc (lol)
Tiger vs croc (several vids, this one is good)

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   

The cat won because of strength. The croc has a different kind of strength. The cat was built to carry its body-weight-plus and more up a tree. On the open ground where the cat has supreme footing, this result is typical.

[edit on 24-8-2008 by pluckynoonez]

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Tiger is now officially the new king of the jungle. : )

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Awesome!!

Thanks for posting this. My boyfriend and I thought it was really neat.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Apparently Kruger is the place to go..between these photos and the infamous Battle of Kruger Youtube Video I'd pay a decent amount to take a look there myself.

Smart leopard...it stayed on top of the croc protecting itself from the croc's bite. It definitely looks like this Leo has taken one of these guys out before.

Nice find!

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soulstone

lol a lvl 80 druid death knight?

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   
It looked to me like the leopard had a head-start on the chances of 'winning' due to its surprise attack on the crocadile.

Surprise attack + piercing the neck/possibly the jugular of sorts = alive to fight another day.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   
nice post... great pics
maybe dead croc is more appetizing then it looks?

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   

When I first glanced at this thread title, and saw it was in the 'Cryptozoology and Mythical beasts' forum, I saw the title, and for a second I thought, 'Wow! They've discovered a Leodile! Or a croco....pard.' Then I realised I was being tardish, and read it again, more slowly.

Anyway, excellent pics! Does look like a smallish croc (the one in the zoo in my hometown growing up was just over 4 metres long, but he was old and tired), but that leopard is really doing a number on it. Go Leopard!

join