It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

chupacabra on CNN?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Hi from Holland,
whats with the police officer on CNN that filmed a chupacabra?
I had a important phonecall when it was on, but a saw an black (doglike) animal running over a road. I believe in Texas.
Have anybody seen it?

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 05:53 AM
link   
[SNIP]

[edit on 12-8-2008 by h3akalee]

Mod Edit: DO NOT EDIT OUT STAFF EDITS!

[edit on 12-8-2008 by Gemwolf]

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Common now, nobody saw it? It was on CNN!
It was filmed from behind and running along a dirtroad. It looked like a pitbull with a very large head.
To bad I had a international phonecall so the tv was on mute and could only watch from the corner of my eyes.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   
THis video is linked on the front page of CNN.com. Under latest news it is currently 2nd from the bottom of the list. It is titled, "What is this hairless, big-nosed beast?"

[edit on 12-8-2008 by Bugman82]

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Yeah I saw it....it looked like a dog. That had mange, I do not think anything will come of this.

-Kdial1

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I saw the video this morning, sorry to say that it looks like dog and is a dog, running down the dirt road.

I think that this news article coming from the particular county is looking for some exposure to attract people to come to their neck of the woods to start looking for the "supposed" chupacabra, perhaps they are hurting for tourism.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Yes, thats the video!
Hmmm, looks like a dog to me, but it had a huge head.
Not the famous goatsucker. To bad!

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I was going to post this and you beat me to it!

yeah it looks like a dog, but an ugly dog. The head was way big! Maybe this is hybred of dog speicies and it came out ugly!

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ahamarlin

The chupacabra from Texas was tested on the show "Monster Quest". It is in the dog family, more like a coyote. They tested a body that was recovered. It is completely different from the chupacabra sightings in Puerto Rico, which are different creatures in appearance.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
The sightings in Puerto Rico put the Chupacabras more like some human/animal genetic mutation or some type of scientific experiment.

I remember since the 70s US always had a testing lab in El Junque and that is when the first sightings and rumors started.

I grew up with a Junque as my playground and back then it was places that you were no allowed in.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ufo reality

Looks like a mangy dog to me!

Arent the chupacabra supposed to have glowing red eyes, wings, and have an overall monster-like appearance?

Who started this whole, dog = chupacabra anyway?

Booooooooooo!

Looks like a dog, runs like a dog, its a friggin dog!

[edit on 12-8-2008 by IMAdamnALIEN]

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
This is a Chupacabra!! It dont look like any dog id ever seen! Check out the snout on it! And the way its front legs are shorter than the back as said by the officer its shaped so it can lunge from a greater distance and jump higher to take down animals such as goats and cows! i believe its the legit animal!

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I've lived in southwest Texas for several years, and have seen more than my fair share of coyotes.

This thing is not a coyote.

Could be a genetic mutation in a dog or coyote.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
No really a mutation but an inbreeding going on, it can happen in the wild. Still it does looks like a dog mixed with coyote.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
They've been dubbed Elmendorf Beasts in cryptozoology, I believe. They resemble, well, zombie dogs, and there have been several sightings in Texas ranging from Cuero to Nacogdoches and Lufkin since 2004.

They're appparantly some sort of coyote, either a new or previously unidentified species, or otherwise severly genetically compromised, perhaps by inbreeding or ecological problems. They appear to have severe sarcoptic mange, various deformities, especially of the mouth and teeth, and, allegedly, frail flesh that appears to be rotting or covered in sores.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Yes, I happen to have the TV on when they ran the story. Interesting I've had many dogs all my life.
It might be a mutt of some kind. Wish we could get a better angle on the face.
The short front legs is a bit strange.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
www.yahoo.com...

there's a video on yahoo if you scroll down.

They slow down and show the creature when it turns its head. I agree it looks like a mangy Dog but there's something a little weird about the way its face is shaped if you ask me. Its snout seems way too long to belong to a Dog or a Coyote.

[edit on 12-8-2008 by Fo Shiggadee]

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I'll be honest, i saw it and insantly thought Heina (is that how you spell it? The laughing things from Lion King). I'm not sure if that's a close guess though. It did look similar to a dog though. I was watching very breaking news segment you had interrupted op, they didn't say too much, just repeated the video over and over and had a bunch of people giving educated guess's

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ahamarlin

Yes I have! Very interesting. You may want to look up sarcoptic mange in canines. It seems as if it is a dog of some sort with a strong case of mange. I hope it's real though...it would open up my mind for sure about mythical animals.

<<   2 >>

join