It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lightning in Super slow-motion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I thought this was amazing and I watched it about 10 times....WOW!!

Lightning Super Slow-motion video

Hope you enjoy...

-Kdial1

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Thank you for posting the link
A colleague at work showed me that yesterday and I'd been trying to find it today
Nature at it's finest

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I really enjoyed watching that video too. What an amazing sight!
Thanks for posting.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Super cool kdial. I used to go up on the 13th floor observation deck of my condo complex on the shore of lake erie and strecth my arms out during lightning storms. I know. Not the brightest of ideas tempting fate. But I love lightning and storms. The ozone smell in the air is as sweet as sugar. One killer storm came in from the east and it was bowing my windows. The only time I was scared. Seven boaters got killed that day. The clothes ripped from their bodies from the wind. I was watching golf last week and I can't remember who it was, was holding up a one iron as a storm came in and got nailed. His mother still keeps his shredded clothing in a bag. He should have known better. Even God can't hit a one iron. The golfer made it by the way. A little crispy though.

[edit on 8/9/2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by jpm1602
I was watching golf last week and I can't remember who it was, was holding up a one iron as a storm came in and got nailed. His mother still keeps his shredded clothing in a bag. He should have known better. Even God can't hit a one iron.

GEEZ
You were watching golf on TV and this was a pro tour or just some golfer and a story that was on the golf channel? That's crazy!

-Kdial1

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Pro tour. The Firelands classic in Akron. Pathetic isn't it? While my Tommy Armors sit idle in the basement. I draw the line at car racing though. I'd rather sit by the river and watch two turds float down the river.

Or watch a repeat of golden girls. Or God slit my throat now...Matlock.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Ooh! That's pretty!

Never knew lightening did that! Super slow-mo cams are so cool, anything going fast is interesting to watch IMO.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
That's a very nice video, there was a bad lightning storm here a few days ago. It angered me because I wasn't about to risk getting electrocuted if it struck my house.. I turned off my pc and the movie i was watching and went to bed, nothing else to do

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Monsterenergy791

I never knew it treed out like that before it struck...shows you how fast our brain can comprehend images.

-Kdial1

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Did you happen to catch the orbs coming out of that? That was pretty cool. Nice addy op. Sorry, my addages are just lagging 'again' tonight. I'll go back to bed where I belong.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

I don't know if they were orbs, maybe charged particles searching out a ground source.

-Kdial1

new topics

top topics

join