It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Operation Citizens Arrest ...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
The Constitution of the United States of America:
www.constitution.org...

sure was nice of our founders to think so far into the future

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
um, you could really try to be less obtuse.

I, and I assume pretty much everyone else, don't know what you are talking about.

Care to give a little more detail?

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Thats just it ... read it... our founders thought that there would come a day such as the current state of affairs. it basically boils down to citizens arrest and when the people decide it is time, nothing moves as near as I can tell -- we all go on stupid. and that is how change is to come about... operation citizens arrest and we really don't have to do anything - we stop every thing... without violence... at least that's the jest I got from it... another one was we storm Wdc with arms blazzen... but I guess its how you read your constitution.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Every thing our Founding Fathers laid out, was in order to prevent a government from becomeing to over bearing, tyranical or monarchy like in particular.

Many of my posts, are about awareness of the US foundation, and how government has enroached upon the principles this nation was established for.

Here is a recent quote, from a thread post.
It is taken from the most important documents the US of A has, and should be known by every one.

There are three words Americans should never forget, along with the rest that go along with them;

"We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."

Some thing which was written to prevent government from being in control, as it is We the People, who are responceable for our government and have the tools to make it right;

"But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security"

Every one should be aware, that this is all we need to do what is right, nothing else is required, exept action.

"Amendment X

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

Nothing else has precidence, we are entitled as the final sayers of what is, these three documents were created for it to be so. All that is needed is for the people to realise such, and to stand up for what is ours and as was established.

Quote from page three of this thread, see 4th from bottom

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Hmm this is an interesting yet cryptic thread. Lets see if I can extrapolate the message that BornPatriot is trying to convey.

So you want to arrest the President of the United States is that what were getting at?

Section. 4. The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.

The Senate shall have the sole Power to try all Impeachments. When sitting for that Purpose, they shall be on Oath or Affirmation. When the President of the United States is tried, the Chief Justice shall preside: And no Person shall be convicted without the Concurrence of two thirds of the Members present.

Judgment in Cases of Impeachment shall not extend further than to removal from Office, and disqualification to hold and enjoy any Office of honor, Trust or Profit under the United States: but the Party convicted shall nevertheless be liable and subject to Indictment, Trial, Judgment and Punishment, according to Law.

Source: Constitution for the United States of America

Hmm under DC law such a arrest can be made except that the president is above that law, and can only be arrested after impeachment.

District of Columbia Law 23- 582(b)

(b) A private person may arrest another -

(1) who he has probable cause to believe is committing in his presence -

(A) a felony, or

(B) an offense enumerated in section 23-581 (a)(2); or

(2) in aid of a law enforcement officer or special policeman, or other person authorized by law to make an arrest.

(c) Any person making an arrest pursuant to this section shall deliver the person arrested to a law enforcement officer without unreasonable delay. (July 29, 1970, 84 Stat. 630, Pub. L. 91-358, Title II, § 210(a); 1973 Ed., § 23-582; Apr. 30, 1988, D.C. Law 7-104, § 7(e), 35 DCR 147.)

Source:constitution.org

The president would first have to be impeached by congress, then an arrest could be made.

[edit on 8/7/2008 by whatukno]

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by BornPatriot

Good luck getting anywhere near to ex-President Bush, once he's out of office.

His Secret Service detail will the one's shooting at you, when you attempt a citizens arrest, and Bush has ten years of having them after leaving office, as well as the fact that he can hire private security, after that, because his family is loaded.

Just out of curiosity, what does this have to do with "9/11 Conspiracies", since it's in that Forum?

Is it because of your beliefs in something in relation to September 11th?

You might find this moved to another forum area, if you don't link it to that.

[edit on 7-8-2008 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
A citizen's arrest is power to detain and turn over to proper law enforcement those discovered commiting crimes.

You seem to be describing a complete labor protest in which no actions are taken to provide for the continuation of commerce until a petition is presented, heard or considered by the government. If this is the case, do I win some sort of guessing prize?

As for entering Washington D.C. six-guns blazing, yep the people hold that right to do so as well under the 2nd Amendment should the federal government fail to release control to the people. The authority of the people is established in the Preamble (which many legislators, judges and constitution scholars claim is not part of enumerated Constitutional Laws) where it is established that We the People allow for this governemnt to exist and the following is their operation authority called the US Constitution.

So if the Preamble is not thought to be part of the Constitution then all granted powers are automatically revoked and the government as we know it is disolved. All power reverts back to the People as stated in the Declaration of Indepenance. Unfortunately, each of the 50 states would try to take direct authority over their people in the resulting vacuum and for a time we would become 50 individual countries and more than likely attacked by other nations and divisions between the new nation-states.

Within a year to five years, many state would more than likely join up into regional nations of about 4 to 6 parts. California and Texas would more than likely remain as single state nations unless they pulled in some southwestern states. The mini nations would have treatys of protection and commerce exchange similar to the former US and might not charge each other duty on imports and exports as the midwestern region(s) would posses much of the former US Nuclear arsenal along with many Air Force bases that were old SAC bases and Wright-Pat who holds much of the old USAF information.

From there we would be back to the old reunited single nation with maybe some new rules about spreading the wealth in different regions. And stronger safeguards on what happens to military bases/equipment in event of another break up. Because while NYC and LA like to think they rule the USA, Dayton, OH, St. Louis, MO and Des Moines, IA hold much, much larger keys of power.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Patriot Act Vs Constitution

[edit on 8-8-2008 by driveshaft08]

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 8/8/2008 by Sauron]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by driveshaft08

do you actually have an opinion on the above link? And why it's relevent to the discussion at hand? Do you believe that this is the reason that we have the authority to override our government at this point, because of the patriot act is unconstitutional?

just wondering.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
If americans can prove high crimes were committed its the only way we even have a chance, unfortunately satan is lording overr everything right now...seriously.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
SO you can just post a link to the constitution now, and throw on a random topic, and that flies now?

Quantity over quality I suppose.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by scientist

It is massively confusing to have to wonder what the topic is. I am going by the title of the thread. Operation Citizens Arrest. I am assuming that means that the op wants to arrest the President of the United States. I can't be sure tho, It doesn't appear that the OP has come back to add anything to this thread.

I am about to give up on this waste of my time and go find a thread that has some real substance to it.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
In all reality, I can not site one function our government stands for that has not been violated or encroached to failure.
as for what should be done about it.... well they want us to work and make money and pay taxes.... I say... lets change their plans with the things we control... like deposit check on Friday and withdraw all on Monday. you see there is not enough cash to do this... understand..?
We can literally sit down every where at any time for how ever long it takes...
I think you will find the govt requires us to up and running 20 days a month... what if we half that say close everything down say 1PM each day.
we can change things if we the people will the change.... and we dont have to do anything except change...

When is when we all know the truth -- we are working on that as we speak...
video.google.com...

video.google.com...

video.google.com...

and 911 - google it ...

[edit on 8-8-2008 by BornPatriot]

[edit on 8-8-2008 by BornPatriot]

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
in response to Citizens Arrest of The President of the United States... get real, that's so illegal it isn't funny... you can not threaten a president.. only congress can do that. you have to respect the office even through you do not respect the man in the office. anyone who knows anything about America will tell you that. he is our president and he does speak for every citizen in it. and it is the checks and balances that have failed and they failed because of the above evidence. That does not mean our laws are null and void because they sure as hell are not.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
See, now that you have explained your position. It makes it a little more clear to what you are trying to do. Typically a citizens arrest means to place someone under custody and take them to jail.

You want people to stop working and force a shutdown of the federal government as a protest to how things are run in Washington. Having the people in a non violent way say to the government "Enough, and get back to our founding fathers principals"

You could have placed this in the OP and saved everyone a lot of time and frustration. I can't expect to read your mind across the Internet. So sometimes we need things at least told to us as to what you are getting at. A link to the Constitution and a one liner does not make an appropriate Original Post. Nor does it help anyone trying to figure out what you meant in the first place.

Now you come back and dare to ridicule people for not getting what you were getting at? Why? How could we possibly know what message you were trying to convey by that cryptic and minimalist first post? We only had what was given to go on and you want to start making snide remarks because we couldn't read your mind and figure out what you were trying to say?

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Well - I thought it was obvious that we the people have the power and final say as how we will be governed. however, as the current regime has made abundantly clear, What Law ?
and who knows, someone may have found time to read it for the first time. so I'm sorry for not reading the constitution to you. it means different things to different people and the higher your education the more intelligent it becomes.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Well it seems there are a few people who understand our Constitution...

These are the instructions on how to make a citizens arrest of a war criminal.

www.afterdowningstreet.org...

new topics

top topics

join