It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Do You Think of Our Visitors?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Do you trust the extraterrestrials who frequently visit us?

Why haven't they made direct contact with us?

Here are some good possible reasons for the latter question:

. They have already contacted one or more governments, and are respecting the will of these governments to not make direct contact with the public, yet.

. They are human time travelers, and for them to make contact with us would reap unpredictable consequences.

. They are (fallen angels?) allowing us frequent glimpses of their superiority to psychologically prepare us for a mass delusion, where they will make themselves known to the world and play the part of God, and maybe even attempt to rally us together to fight what they'd describe as an incoming interstellar threat: the true God and Messiah. (Copied from an earlier post I had made.)

That is all I got.

There is one other possible reason why they have not made direct contact, but I did not include it because I do not think it is a good one. The reason is that they are afraid we may obtain some of their technology and use it against them, or ourselves. The problem with that reason is contact does not require a White House lawn landing; contact could be a simple message sent through radio waves, or over an intercom.

Another thing to consider is that they have not helped us at all. No cure for cancer. No cure for AIDS. What gives? I can understand our visitors not giving us the knowledge and technology for a new energy source; we would probably use it to create the next super weapon. However, why have they chosen to withhold information for curing diseases and things of that nature? (Presuming they have it.) To say the least, that is questionable behavior.

Some answer this question with another question: "Why would they communicate with us?" followed by: "Do you talk to the squirrels in your backyard?" (Stanton Friedman often says this). My answer to that is no, but for the simple fact that squirrels cannot possibly communicate with me; they cannot even talk. Regardless, even if these aliens did think of us like we do squirrels -- that does not explain why they have not helped us; after all, even we humans care for lesser animals (at least some do). Have they no heart? You would think a supposedly more intelligent, wise and spiritual species would help us out a little bit.

What do you guys think?

[edit on 3-8-2008 by YSM85]

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by YSM85

I'd say that if they are here, and do possess such knowledge as to cure diseases, etc, that in the bigger picture, it probably is not their role to do so. I wonder if we had confirmed contact with them, if the human race would then expect these aliens to become a magical solution to all of our problems, thereby alleviating any responsibility we have to mature as a species. I'd loosely liken it to a parent who allows their children to make mistakes because they know this is the only way they will learn and grow.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   

I'd say that if they are here, and do possess such knowledge as to cure diseases, etc, that in the bigger picture, it probably is not their role to do so.

That reason is legitmate enough for things like war, or even AIDS, but what about cancer, or the common cold?

I don't buy it, and I don't trust them.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Double post.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by YSM85

I'd say that if they are here, and do possess such knowledge as to cure diseases, etc, that in the bigger picture, it probably is not their role to do so.

That reason is legitmate enough for things like war, or even AIDS, but what about cancer, or the common cold?

I don't buy it, and I don't trust them.

If it's legitimate for AIDS, why wouldn't it be legitimate for cancer or the common cold?

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by YSM85

you forgot the number one reason.... they dont exist... just a figment of your imagination.. or a dream.. nothing real...

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I think it was Steven Hawking who said that we should keep our heads low. They might be here using this planet, but they surely won't let us know about it. If someone doesn't want to interact with you directly, chances are they don't want to interact with you at all; and that can be a bit spooky for me.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by thrashee
If it's legitimate for AIDS, why wouldn't it be legitimate for cancer or the common cold?

Let me just say I think there are some things that human kind has not asked for with their ignorance and immorality. Why have not our friends helped us with those issues?

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by thrashee

Let me just say I think there are some things that human kind has not asked for with their ignorance and immorality. Why have not our friends helped us with those issues?

Well, I agree...I don't think we necessarily "deserve" AIDS, nor cancer, nor the common cold. But whether we deserve them or not may not be the point. If aliens exist and they're here, it could simply be a "do not interfere" clause a la Star Trek.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Maybe they did but our Pharmacutical companies would lose their jobs so they just don't give it to the people. Its very big business you know just like energy. I am sure that there is something out there that would help us greatly but they wouldn't allow it to develop. Its all about greed and money. Also they just don't want to interfer with our development and let us progress at our own pace. I wouldn't doubt that they are here and perhaps and I mean perhaps they help just a very little. Who knows. Everything is a guess I suppose.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Well until we meet them there is no way to answer your tittle question.

Don't get me wrong I believe they exist, but we can't really say I trust them or I don't trust them.

It makes me wonder if they are so advanced and smart better than us in every way why respect the governments wishes about disclosure? Why not just land zap us and take the planet?

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by thrasheeWell, I agree...I don't think we necessarily "deserve" AIDS, nor cancer, nor the common cold. But whether we deserve them or not may not be the point. If aliens exist and they're here, it could simply be a "do not interfere" clause a la Star Trek.

I think the lack of help reveals their lack of heart, or their more insidious plans for the future.

Again, I can understand the Do Not Interfere mentality for wars, or anything that human kind has caused due to ignorance or what have you, but cancer? My girlfriend's father died of cancer. He was a healthy good man, who was simply cursed with bad genes. What was his mistake? Existing? What could he have possibly learned individually from dying from something he had no control over? The reason why I used the qualifier "individually" is because it's easy for an outside force to look at the human race as a whole and say: "Yeah! By allowing those humans to die from cancer, we're teaching them perseverance!", but what about the people who actually died?

My main point is: even if they are figuratively-speaking playing our parents by allowing us to make mistakes, or uh, to be unlucky -- that doesn't change the fact that they're cold-hearted.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   

My main point is: even if they are figuratively-speaking playing our parents by allowing us to make mistakes, or uh, to be unlucky -- that doesn't change the fact that they're cold-hearted.

Yeah, that's why I used the term loosely--it's an awkward analogy that doesn't perfectly fit (sorry, it was the best I could come up with).

I would say that while it indeed appears cold-hearted not to help us in these things, it could still be a part of a bigger picture. On the individual level that people still suffer and die, yes, it's cold-hearted. But pulling back, there may be a greater principle at play that is for the ultimate good of all. It's similar to an oft-repeated discussion regarding God: if God is omnipotent and good by definition, how do you account for the supposed evil in the world? I'd argue that suffering is simply a part of life, and while within our current framework--that is, while we're alive as human beings--it's natural for us to reject and admonish suffering because, well...it's suffering--it's still necessary. As it could be said that sorrow and joy are flip sides to the same coin--each is necessary to define the other--I'd say suffering is a crucial ingredient, if a hard one.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by thrashee

I understand that may be the reason for their decision, but I do not see it as logical, nor moral. What ultimate good, or lesson is there for allowing people to die from the unavoidable? (To humans.) To teach perseverance? To teach us that we are not gods? If that is so, then what is possibly out there to remind them of those same tenets? Do they blow themselves up once every year, or are they under the delusion that they are gods? Food for thought, I guess.

I do not think God created evil per se. Evil is simply the opposite of how things should be. God created our reality and the rules for it; consequently, that means one could go against those rules. God would of course have to give them the power to make that decision though. Low and behold, humans do have free will, and when one goes against the universal standard that God has created, then it is deemed evil or sinful by default. Simply put: there is evil in the world because man creates it. Sure, God could come down and strip away everyone's free will, leaving only His way, but that would also strip away meaning; we would be nothing more than machines. And to expand upon that point: a world without consequences would also have no meaning.

Yes, our reality has consequences and our physical bodies have limits, but we as humans can to a degree -- more so than common animals -- control our destiny using technology, knowledge, and our free will; we do so gladly. These extraterrestrials have even more control and yet they refuse to step out of their world and into ours by helping us out in any way. Let me just go out on a limb here by saying that nothing detrimental would come from aliens curing something like cancer.
Don't you agree?

I understand your point and I am sure you understand mine. The problem I have is that you seem to be arguing from the premise that our friends can do no wrong. To recapitulate your stance: "Yes, what they are doing may seem cold-hearted and apathetic, but they are doing it for the greater good. They want us to grow as a species." That may be true, but perhaps they are taking it too far? Why not? They are not gods.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   

I understand your point and I am sure you understand mine. The problem I have is that you seem to be arguing from the premise that our friends can do no wrong. To recapitulate your stance: "Yes, what they are doing may seem cold-hearted and apathetic, but they are doing it for the greater good. They want us to grow as a species." That may be true, but perhaps they are taking it too far? Why not? They are not gods.

Well, this is all said under an assumption that they're here, that they're not malevolent, and that they're remaining mostly "hands-off". That being said, I've heard it argued before that they must be benevolent--or at least neutral--because if they wanted to harm us we'd be gone by now. I don't buy that kind of logic because there could be scores of reasons why they haven't wiped us out but still have malevolent plans.

I personally am on the fence with whether aliens have visited us at all, much less what their intentions may be.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Lets say that aleins are here, (which by the way I beleive is not the case but will leave my opinions at the door for now) then who is to say that they have not been here for all of the major diseases and pleagues throughout mankind. What if they are observing how we handle these pleagues from both a physicla and mental avenue. Maybee they want to see how resilient the human body is as well as our mental ability in comming up with a cure, which until recentl histor was not something our species had done. Just a thought.

Please remember that I don't actually we have been visited by alien species as of yet but hold hope for the future.

top topics

join