It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Domestic terroism a bigger threat?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I ask because after seeing a news report today talking about how a scientist had his house "firebombed" and his coworker, having their car firebombed, by what seems like Animal Rights Activists. The extreme kind no less.

This reminds me of a news report a month or two ago where a new house in California I beleive was burned by people who thought the house wasn't "eco-friendly".

Beleive me, I will find these reports sometime tonight, but I want to know if things like the above could become a larger issue in the future.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 04:47 AM
link   
I see no one has responded yet, and i REALY hate it when that happens to me, so ill talk...

In response to your Title, No, domestic terror isnt a BIGGER threat, it still is a threat, but if you add up ALL DEMOSTIC terror Deaths, and then compare that to just the Number of people that died from foriegn-Terror, Just on the Day on 9/11/01, you will see that the Forgien Terrorists are the bigger threat...

Domestic terror is still a MAJOR problem... Most foreign Terrorist come from a certain region of the world, and have certain kinds of names... Im sure your smart enough to figure out who that is...

Domestic terror is nearly impossible to stop... and even clasify...

Whats the line? Was the Beheading on the Bus the other day in Cannada an Act of terror? What about the Church Killer in the south? Terror? Are these acts of terror?

What about when a muslim goes on a SUV Rampage, running people over, screaming Allah... is that terrorism? Or when a Muslim goes on a shooting rampage in a Mall, and Exucutes people? Is that Terror?

Is there a kill limit on what can be definded as terror?
Is there a Fear Quota?

Are men caught in Foiled terror plots terrorists? Or do they have to commit the Act first?

Now, on the issue, is 'domestic terror' going to become a bigger issue? only if its labeled that way....

By definition, almost any act can be described as 'inflicting terror'... Speeding past someone on a road, Prank Calling, Practical Jokes... Whats the line?

The US needs to try to focus on the people coming INTO THE US to cause terror... And just let the men in blue, or good decent folks take care of the domestic terrorists when they pop up...

The BEst defence anyone can have is a gun. Or a person near-by with one. A Concel-Carry-Permit is possibly the BEST defense for a group of people. The only way maniacs(terrorists) are stoped, is by a good person with a gun that took action. I could name you a half dozen situations that only ended because someone there had a gun to stop the killing... and then i could name you a dozen situations, were if the people WERE alwoud to HAVE guns, the situation would not have been as bad....

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 05:02 AM
link   
I would say that it just makes for more sensational news, so it appears to be a bigger threat than it actually is. I would have to guess that statistically, domestic terrorism is probably on the low end of the spectrum right now.

join