It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blatant Pollution at Area 51 (pics)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Ive seen the satellite images of area 51 before, but I was bored and decided to check it out myself while on google earth..

This is what caught my attention most about the place,

In the second image I noted where 1.) The large pools of typically green chemical waste; and 2.) One of many apperently buried pools..

Looking around the area there is probably 4 to 5 times the amount of waste than I show in these pictures.

How can whoever runs this place get away with this? They do'nt seem to be very concerned with burying the stuff very quickly, there are open pools all over the place.

Recently on the news a man in my local area faces severe fines and is most likely to lose his business (basically a junk-yard) only because he failed to drain car fluids before junking them.. This is on a scale maybe 1/100,000th of the waste happening here and of course nothing will ever happen about it.

[edit on 28-7-2008 by Believe195]

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 06:36 AM
link   
There was a lawsuit by workers in the past getting diseases from this. Later I think Clinton made sure to exempt facilities such as this from any environmental restrictions.

There are facilities in El Yunke in Puerto Rico but are located underground in caves where chemical engineers have gotten I'll and/or died. It's first-hand knowledge from a family who had a son that worked at one of these that died from an illness of unknown origin but that's all I'll say about it.

That or it's really the secret Slurm factory.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 07:09 AM
link   
sorry, but I´m going to play the skeptic role on this one...

How do you know it´s liquid in those ´pools´?
Is all toxic waste green, or just in comic books?
Are all green substances toxic waste?

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Yeah Ill agree its kinda a cliche' colour for toxic waste.

go figure a few hours after I post these pictures Im half listening to cnn and someone comments about McCaines plan for the country to rely more on nuclear power, and "dispose of the waste in nevada"...

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Psychopump

Theres really nothing to be skeptic about it clear as day they are dumping waste in the open and burning/ burying it.. with the unkown billions of dollars pumped into facilities like this it really says something about whoever runs the place not to spring for some kind of treatment plant.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
That's not toxic waste. It's a concrete batch plant. Nothing sinister about that.

The waste trenches (which were located further north) have been cleaned up and the landfill was moved away from the main base area. Other areas with toxic residue (such as aircraft parking areas with spilled fuel, lubricants, and deicing foam) have also undergone mitigation in recent years.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Actually yeah.. it really does look like a concrete mix, you seem to know a lot. maybe too much

i was really convinced that this must be chemicals, perhaps they made the mix look just like the old waste pits as a sick joke? im positive i saw a docmentery about the workers who sued for their illness' and it looked identicle to these in the video.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
The hazardous materials are real (don't know if the pics show them or not) and result from open burning of materials used in the stealth program and others.

Many Area 51 workers were exposed to asbestos, carbon fibers and other nasty things and got very sick.

Many people speculate that this is the REAL reason for the Area 51 coverup and all the UFO stuff was just a cover story.

Fortunately Bill Clinton's admission that the Groom Lake base exists has helped open the doors on lawsuits, because before you couldn't sue an entity that didn't exist.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Its so crazy to me how stuff can be kept so secret from area 51 for decades..

There is over 2000 employees. you'd think at least one of them would sneak off to the local library computers and tell us whats the truth lol...

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Toxic waste is nothing new to Nevada. Most gold mines use a cyanide pit to leach out the gold. When the mine fails, they leave the pit.
toxic ghost town

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Believe195

There is over 2000 employees. you'd think at least one of them would sneak off to the local library computers and tell us whats the truth lol...

well considering that anyone who talks will either get fined, go to jail, or get killed kinda makes one reluctent to talk about secret stuff and you know the goverment probably has all there employees watched to make sure they don't talk about the secret junk.

[edit on 7/29/2008 by scorpionxx]

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Actually yeah.. it really does look like a concrete mix, you seem to know a lot. maybe too much

i was really convinced that this must be chemicals, perhaps they made the mix look just like the old waste pits as a sick joke? im positive i saw a docmentery about the workers who sued for their illness' and it looked identicle to these in the video.

Well you can't know for sure from the photos, but the ponds look an aweful lot like those seen around limestone quarries and cement plants - next time you fly out of a large city, look for them .. they're ALL OVER the place.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Guidance.Is.Internal

Well you can't know for sure from the photos, but the ponds look an aweful lot like those seen around limestone quarries and cement plants - next time you fly out of a large city, look for them .. they're ALL OVER the place.

yes probably a cement quarries but then how do you explain this image i found?,

(a joke obvious)

[edit on 30-7-2008 by Believe195]

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Guidance.Is.Internal

yes probably a cement quarries but then how do you explain this image i found?,

(a joke obvious)

[edit on 30-7-2008 by Believe195]

Those snakes are fricken HUGE

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 01:44 AM
link   

maybe its one of those salt lakes. with mineral content. I seen a hippie camp with a cave built into it and they had weird water.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Come on !
1200 nukes went off in America !
for the next 4.5 billion years the minute particles will be main streets everytown USA.

Don't tell me your concerned about a bit of toxic waste now All of a sudden!

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by scorpionxx

well considering that anyone who talks will either get fined, go to jail, or get killed kinda makes one reluctent to talk about secret stuff and you know the goverment probably has all there employees watched to make sure they don't talk about the secret junk.

[edit on 7/29/2008 by scorpionxx]

didn't Bill cooper lay it all out for you?

Ill make a post of it

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by solo1
Come on !
1200 nukes went off in America !
for the next 4.5 billion years the minute particles will be main streets everytown USA.

lol maybe thats why we turn into scrawny translucent grey being in the future

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   
A few potentially odd coloured pools of.... who knows, itsnt 'clearly dumping toxic waste'.

If they can hide ufo's there, surely they can hide some gunk.

new topics

top topics

join