It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

20 Years From Now

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
After reading up on this forum, I pose a question out there... to my curiosity..

What do you think the 9-11 Conspiracy will be like in 20 years.. in 2028?

Will it be like JFK, or Lincoln, or will it follow its own twists and turns..

Personally, I still think we will be at it twenty years from now.. getting no where.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by truth_seeker3

Twenty years from now something like this will happen.

en.wikipedia.org...

The United States House of Representatives Select Committee on Assassinations was established in 1976 to investigate the John F. Kennedy assassination and the Martin Luther King, Jr. assassination. The Committee investigated until 1978, and in 1979 issued its final report, concluding that President John F. Kennedy was assassinated by Lee Harvey Oswald, probably as a result of a conspiracy. The members of this probable conspiracy were not identified. However, the committee noted that it believed that the conspiracy did not include the governments of the Soviet Union or Cuba, nor the FBI, the CIA, or the Secret Service. It also stated it did not believe the conspiracy was organized by any organized crime group, nor any anti-Castro group, but that it could not rule out individual members of either of those groups acting together.
The House Select Committee on Assassinations suffered from being conducted mostly in secret, and then issuing a public report with much of its evidence kept secret. [1] In 1992, Congress passed legislation to collect and open up all the evidence relating to Kennedy's death, and created the Assassination Records Review Board to further that goal.

There will be a half hearted acknowledgement of a "conspiracy", which includes a white wash of all the "perps" involved.

When it comes to owning up to stuff Americans are a nation of "girly men."

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 03:06 AM
link   
It'll be perceived like Pearl Harbor (which is why the PNAC neocons' planning documents called for a "New Pearl Harbor." A majority of historians and people now acknowledge that FDR knew everything about the attack in advance and even provoked the Japanese into attacking (except 9/11 was even worse than that.) Because of the internet, ugly truths don't take 60 years to discover anymore.

From Publishers Weekly
Historians have long debated whether President Roosevelt had advance knowledge of Japan's December 7, 1941, attack on Pearl Harbor. Using documents pried loose through the Freedom of Information Act during 17 years of research, Stinnett provides overwhelming evidence that FDR and his top advisers knew that Japanese warships were heading toward Hawaii. The heart of his argument is even more inflammatory: Stinnett argues that FDR, who desired to sway public opinion in support of U.S. entry into WWII, instigated a policy intended to provoke a Japanese attack. The plan was outlined in a U.S. Naval Intelligence secret strategy memo of October 1940; Roosevelt immediately began implementing its eight steps (which included deploying U.S. warships in Japanese territorial waters and imposing a total embargo intended to strangle Japan's economy), all of which, according to Stinnett, climaxed in the Japanese attack. Stinnett, a decorated naval veteran of WWII who served under then Lt. George Bush, substantiates his charges with a wealth of persuasive documents, including many government and military memos and transcripts. Demolishing the myth that the Japanese fleet maintained strict radio silence, he shows that several Japanese naval broadcasts, intercepted by American cryptographers in the 10 days before December 7, confirmed that Japan intended to start the war at Pearl Harbor. Stinnett convincingly demonstrates that the U.S. top brass in Hawaii--Pacific Fleet commander Adm. Husband Kimmel and Lt. Gen. Walter Short--were kept out of the intelligence loop on orders from Washington and were then scapegoated for allegedly failing to anticipate the Japanese attack (in May 1999, the U.S. Senate cleared their names). Kimmel moved his fleet into the North Pacific, actively searching for the suspected Japanese staging area, but naval headquarters ordered him to turn back. Stinnett's meticulously researched book raises deeply troubling ethical issues. If Stinnett is right, FDR has a lot to answer for--namely, the lives of those Americans who perished at Pearl Harbor. Stinnett establishes almost beyond question that the U.S. Navy could have at least anticipated the attack. The evidence that FDR himself deliberately provoked the attack is circumstantial, but convincing enough to make Stinnett's bombshell of a book the subject of impassioned debate in the months to come.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I agree with you on your comparison to Pearl Harbor. I did a paper on that subject, and was surprised on the facts that were initially released.

Twenty years from now may seem like a long time, but look at the slow progress on JFK, Lincoln, and others.

Whether you believe the conspiracy or not, everyone must agree that on that day, something tragic happened, and everyone would like to say, "I know firmly the truth about 9-11."

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by GoldenFleece

I can tell you for a fact that Roosevelt intentionally pissed off the Japanese so that the US would get into the war. I would say more, but I'm afraid of being sued for revealing my information.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

Even before Pearl Harbor, and before the United States entered WWII, the States were giving weapons to the British, and supporting the 'Allies'.

But I'm curious, why are you afraid of being sued? Or do I detect a hint of sarcasm?

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   

I think the replies to your post are pretty enlightening. Basically, most posters agree with you but, account for the decline of CT's with yet another CT. Hence the whitewash claim(s) concerning JFK, etc.

The thing you have to ask yourself, if you want to be honest, is why? Why is the answer always another conspiracy? Could it be that when given ample opportunity to provide proof they fail? Why don’t prominent 9-11 CT’ers dismiss the truly nutty (holograms, Doppler sound machines, beam weapons from outer space, etc, etc, etc) ideas?

To me, just personally, the most damming bit evidence for the decline of CTs in general and 9-11 in particular is the willingness to entertain any notion, no matter how absurd and defend it to the death.

You may wonder why? The answer is this: any concession to reality, even the smallest, most minute reality-based concession is potentially deadly to the entire CT.

That is, if you admit it’s utterly implausible holograms were used (heck even exist in 2001) in the attacks, then the next question is “Doppler Sound Machines”. If you admit “Doppler Sound Machines” are someone’s imagination, then you ask about “Mini-Nukes” and on it goes. Eventually you get to questions like squibs and the argument is right back where we were almost seven years ago. That question is: proof?

The truth movement has delved into the truly (IMO only) wacky because they are looking for a mode of destruction that requires no proof. Why is that? Because, to date, the movement has failed to provide any cohesive narrative on an alternate possibility for 9-11.

It’s that simple.

The question you have to ask yourself is this: are you willing to step back, educate yourself on all the available information and then form a conclusion? Do a search of the hundreds (thousands?) of threads here concerning 9-11. Look how quickly Ct’ers are taken to task for very basic, factual errors. Notice the responses to critics.

Like Fox says, the truth is out there.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Notice GoldenFleece's post?

This is an excellent post from a "Partisan".To him, 9-11 is as much about politics as anything else. That is, 9-11 isn't the issue for him. "Neo-cons" are.

When someone approaches a problem from a partisan position, they eliminate themselves from any possible hope of understanding the truth. Even if that truth were an honest-to-goodness conspiracy.

Meaning, posters like GF (IMO) see everything through a political lens - to their detriment. If there were a real conspiracy, he would miss it. He's only looking where his world view against "neo-cons" is validated.

This isn't rare. It's very common with CT'ers and the 'truth movement' in particular. Don't take my word for it, search the posts for yourself and notice the super-strong political undertones.

The truth is not politically based.

[edit on 28-7-2008 by SlightlyAbovePar]

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
The history will be as follows. After our master and lord the "repress"ident" starts world war 3 and the pentagon pentogram worshipers all shed their true lizard skin and show america the leaders are all backstabbing communists. The populace of earth except rich humans who could pay to be saved, were destroyed out of ignorant hate.

The elites then went on to manipulate the galaxy like igniting a second sun on saturn, and meeting with alien races. either way the general populace would have turned against each other as the nazis planned to do. make them fight each other.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by mastermind77

Case in point.

I mean this with 100% sincerity, you guys are your own worst enemies.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   

But I'm curious, why are you afraid of being sued?

Because I can't prove what I know. Though the information came direct from the source by way of a family member of mine who was not only an aquaintance, but had access to other supporting media as well.

EDIT to add: As far as Japan goes, we basically gave them the green light to conquer Asia, as an ally of the US, then cut off their oil and rubber supplies in the middle of their plans. This was detrimental not only to their plans, but at that point, to the security of Japan itself, leaving them little choice. A double cross that has been used more than once.

On the topic of 9/11 specifically...

If 9/11 was a domestically complicit conspiracy, how did “they” mess it up so bad?

[edit on 7/28/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by SlightlyAbovePar
reply to post by mastermind77

Case in point.

I mean this with 100% sincerity, you guys are your own worst enemies.

I am astounded with your mastery of words there. but as I have been sitting back and watching people rip others ideas to shreds, I cannot hope to even show my face that I talk about these things.

Some people have not an intelligence thought about it, but only proving that they are right and you are wrong.

They cannot see the larger picture of what is actually happening.

That is what the problem is with the Conspiracies.

new topics

top topics

join