It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reality.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Well, after a few months of debating sharing this with other people, I�ve finally decided it would be interesting to test reactions.

Whether you�re a scientist of a psychic most people would agree that the human understanding of true existence is not complete. It would take a higher state of being to grasp all of reality. I recently had an experience that lifted me to that level and it was a really odd ride.

Now before I go on, I have a disclaimer. I do not expect anyone to �buy� this or have it impact their lives. Being logic and science minded myself, I actually expect a bad reaction from others. I�m posting this simply to see some feedback. Bad or good, I�m curious. I offer no proof (cause I can�t) nor should you ask for any. If anything, I will probably just be considered crazy. Now, on to my experience.

I accidentally jacked out of the system. Apparently there was some form of fault in my memory and in response I got booted from what we call the real universe. This is not an uncommon event, however, it is extremely uncommon to be jacked back in improperly, and as far as I know, no one else has. If they have they probably either never mention it or get ignored and deemed insane as they should be.

We are all children and this is our place to develop. Our true selves are in a different existence and after learning the basics of who we are, we are jacked into this reality to develop basic morals and drives. We are a race of creatures that exist in a wholly different type of reality. We live in 5 physical dimensions and 2 time dimensions and are made of, well, the best I can describe it as is light. Now I don�t mean photons or particle/wave light like we have here, but rather a form of non-condensed energy that has complex structure allowing us to exist as individuals separate from our environment.

When we form out young (I�ll go into detail about procreation later) they have a base concept of who and what they are but that�s about it. At this point we jack them into this reality (I use the term jack because its simple and just sound cool, all matrix like) where we live as what we now think of ourselves. The point of this is to teach us how to develop drives and emotions. These things are considered higher states of thought here but are actually just the beginning of our true selves. Once we learn motivation, be it any kind, and emotions ranging from hate to love to sorrow, we unjack and go on to our next training existence.

Now personally this really sucks. Not because I have issues with being in this reality, I find a lot of it interesting , but because my knowledge of reality is still active. Knowing the goal defeats the purpose. I already stated the error but since the system is rarely monitored it didn�t help any. So hopefully either someone will pick up on this and unjack me and fix it, or I�ll have to run through this existence again.

A few notes people who even read this far might ask. I use the term jack, this is just because I only know English and our real language, and have to try to convey the ideas with English. If someone knows how to speak in thought vibrations in this reality though, please show me how. Yes, I sound off my rocker, so just treat it as sci-fi and tell me your thoughts, its not about people thinking this is true, its about reactions to the concept. Even if our people don�t like it, I doubt this knowledge will disrupt other people�s learning, but to even worry about that someone would have to truly believe any of this.

Also, this IS reality. Its not like the movie matrix, where reality is code fed into a brain. For all purposes this is the real world and no one on either side can change the rules. I will still be doing research and living life to learn more about our universe.

Oh, one last note, before anyone buys this and freaks out, we all did this willingly. Getting upset over this is like getting upset over choosing to sleep cause you had a nightmare.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Well, you gave us a good starting point. However, I would like to read more before I go into any judgement on what you are relaying to us. This "first step" does not give us quite enough to go on. To start commenting on the small piece of information on realities you just gave, would be assuming, to say the least.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I plan on talking about it more in depth, i just wanted ito get the general concept out there to start.

I welcome questions for now. Eventauly I may just go into more detail, or just drop it all together. It really depends on other's interest.

None of any of this actually effects this existence any ways, not unless you believe it and live by that knowledge. But why would you? Then you'd have to start all over!

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I'm not really sure what to think about this. It's a nice idea, but nothing new. A lot of religions are based around the same idea as your claims, that we're here to learn. If you would have claimed this, without saying that you were 'jacked out', I would have simply said it's religion and you can believe whatever you want.
But you claim to have been 'jacked out'. This is possibly a verifiable physical phenomena. That means your theory has moved from the muddy waters of religion to the crystal clear water of science. I also think you don't want us to see this as religion, right? As far as we know, we never found anyone that was 'jacked out'. There is no scientific evidence at all for your claims.
I'm sure I am going to be called close-minded for this, but not having seen any evidence I think it's more likely to be an hallucination than a physical reality. If there is any possibility you go there again, can you try to get some testable hypothesis to prove or disprove your theory?

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Amantine

No, this is not a religion. For one, i don't expect any other to believe me, nor do I have or want "followers".

As for proof, there will be none. If there was then this isn't a very good learning tool since it relies on developing the knowledge rather than just being taught it. Experience of this life is the point...you can't teach experience. There is nothing in this existence that is even really comparable to our real one aside from us.

Once I was back in I was at first terrified of being stuck like this, with the knowledge of reality, but then realized that even if i lose some of what i should be learning, it is still a neat place.

My drive for science is just as stron still to. One thing we aren't taught is how these training tool's universes function. So my want of understanding of this universe is still just as strong.

Have you ever seen the movie Contact or read the Book? Its like that, a clear logical experience with no proof what so ever. (Except in the movie there was 18 hours of static recorded.)

The only proof I can give is when i see you between this session and the next and say I told you so. So basicly, no, that argument can also be used for all the afterlife theories like heaven. So, pointless to even talk about.

My issue was being a logical science minded person and risking ridicule by talking about this, thats why it took a few months of thought.

For people like you I just have to say, look it as if i'm throwing out a sci-fi story or strange idea rather than explaining it to be reality. What are your thoughts on it then?

While i'm posting I'll go a little more in depth for other on who we really are...

I mentioned procreation before, the way we procreate is very odd. Here (in this existence) we exchange and recombine two sets of information, our DNA. Its sort of similar in reality too. Except instead of a base code and then a mind filled with experiences, we just share the structure of the "brain". Our entire bodies actualy store the information though rather than a specific part doing it. A local collective will contribute equal portions of energy and structure of information pathways to creat a similar but now unique being. Once that is done we are injected with base knowledge of self (body concept, accumulated knowledge of our own history, etc) then we go into training program one, that where we learn to learn. We get to live a few lives in a two dimensional universe with one time dimension. Basicly, we learn to take in sensory information. After that we come here and learn to adapt to a 3rd physical dimension and develope drives and emotions. After that I don't know if there are more training programs though. I'd guess there are since we only stepped up by one physical dimension from the last one. But since I was completely comfortable in all 5 physical and 2 time while being reset I'm not sure the dimensions have any relevence.

The two things I'm still trying to think of a way to explain is existing in higher dimensions and how communication works. Well not how it works, but rather how to translate it. Communication in the real world is more on the line of interpreting energy fluctuations. So for example its hard to match something in english to the concept of moving through the 4th or 5th physical dimensions. Moving through the 5th dimension to the left is going to be the closest i can come when going through the y-axis here is simply "up".

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Oh, I forgot about the hallucination part.

The only way I can explain why I know this to be true rather than think it a hallucination is because how often in a dream (especialy a lucid one) do you think to yourself "oh, when i was awake that was all a halucination".

Just like we have dreams were we don't know we are dreaming or ones where we do (for those that lucid dream), we also have this reality, except the lucid one i'm having isn't suppose to happen. Thats the best analogy I can think of.

I've attempted to find people who have experienced the same as me, I started with people cnosidered mentally ill, since if i talked about this in my everyday life, thats what i'd be deemed.

Its just not the same as what i understand to be a hallucination. Its not 'another reality' or a 'false reality' but rather reality, and on a higher level so it was dead obvious this one isn't.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Interesting concept.
You claim it's not a religion as you don't want followers, yet if you believe in this theory it is your religion. You don't necessarily need a crowd to create a belief.
It does have a scent of Buddhism about it though.

Your main complaint seems to be that you don't want to have to repeat a life in this dimension. Why would that be a problem? Look on the bright side - if you do have to repeat your existence in this plane of reality you should be able to perfect whatever your goal was.

I'd suggest you just get on with what you've got now and don't worry too much.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Well...

It's very a very interesting concept. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Being such, I have some questions regarding the experience...

1) What actually occured, did your physical body leave this place or did you black out or what?

2. What or whom did you encounter that causes you to state that 'it's rarely monitored'?

3) What or whom gave you the information regarding dimensions, our existence here on earth etc...

4) Many ideas you state are synonomous with ideas that have already been expressed, i.e. the light, us choosing to be here,
this being a learning ground, our true self existing on other plane...etc. Were you familiar with any of these ideas prior to be 'jacked out'?

I'll stop there for now, but your experience is in league with much of what has been written, spoken and sang... Would love to hear more.

- And if you've never read this book, it could be very useful to you Tertium Organum

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 08:54 PM
link   
read the book "many lives many masters"

its exactly about this. You live through this life in this reality to learn morals and learn lessons for the next stage.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 09:03 PM
link   
That's great and all, but do you know of any "sins" that we are supposed to avoid, that would help me a great deal in understanding this philosophy you are talking about.

One more thing, if you dont like the hallucinations then get baptized in the name of the lord by a faithful preacher. I know of someone who was commited for a time for seeing bizare stuff(demons, spirits,.....) and after he lied to the shrinks to say he wasnt seeing anything he met started talking to someone and eventually told him about his "visions" and the man happened to be a preacher and offered a helping hand. On the other hand who wants to have a normal life anyway?

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I'm still not understanding what your saying here...

When you say "jacked out" what exactly do you mean?

Do you mean that this is like a false world and when you were jacked out you saw reality as it were? Thats what I'm understanding.

Your also saying this life is like a learning experience. An experience for what? To experience a different reality? To move on, so to speak?

If so, this is kind of a round about way to experience reality. Since science tends to take the more simple route, why would it suddenly do the opposite like what your saying? This sounds more like a religion. They all say they don't want followers until they start getting them...

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 09:26 PM
link   
"What is real? How do you define real? If it's something you can feel, see, hear, or smell then real is nothing more than electrical signals interpretted by your brain."
-Morpheus

ooooooooooo.......

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 09:55 PM
link   
How did religion get dragged into this post?

Quest is relaying an experience he/she had. Excorcisms etc... Good Grief.

If quest extrapolates on this( whether 'real' or not) it could be a very interesting thread.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Leveller
Its a waste of time. And my peers will be moving on without me. I don't want to repeat this training because I want to move on to the next or just move on into live. And yes, I actualy had experiences that match things from buddhism and a few other religions. Jacking in and out involves a visual tunnel of light and a flood of odd images as this reality loads into the mind.

Joseph Knecht
1) I have no idea what happened to my body here. I just got a sensation of disorientation, odd visuals then was out. When I came back in i got odd visuals again and was right back where i left off, sitting at the table in the lunch room at work. It couldn't have been more than a few seconds here since no one seemed to even notice me doing anything and i was still sitting up.

2) The technician that over sees the training program monitors billions of us, as far as I know it is just one guy and he only deals with those that jack out. I really don't know if there is even monitoring of us once we are in.

3) No one gave me the information. It was like waking up from a dream. I now remember being born and running program 1. We all have that knowledge, its just shut down while training.

4) I'm actualy bringing this up because there are so many similarities with other things i have read. I'm curious if anyone has full active memory as I do. I think many religions here have somethings based on experiences like mine but where they don't have full memory. I really don't know. As for being familar with, yes, some of them. But there are also differences. For example i've heard of being of light, but that not really what we are. Its more like high energy states of 5th dimensional space. And just so there is no confusion, its not the 5th dimension of this universe. I have no idea if this unvierse is just used or was actualy created though... maybe we get to find out down the line.

Hemps
I'll deffinitly look into it. I'm very interested if others have had the same experience. They key for me though is finding people who have had there memory left on like me, not those that pieced it together. Ironicly, being a scientific/logical person, I would have never have read that book or even considered it anything but loony before my experience.

jrod
No, i'm aware of no sins. As for being baptized i was. However the christian faith was my parent's religion not mine. I saw no demons or angels or spirits of any kind. Nothing told me to do anything different. It was simply like being in school. Its like I had left class and the hall monitor told me to go back to learn and I did. I have never had any mental problems nor had any odd experiences since. I have actualy concidered trying to convince myself it wasn't real though so my memory won't ruin the program. However, thats kind of hard.

MrJingles

Yes, it was like waking up from a dream. You didn't know it was not real until you were out of it. As for actualy jacking out its your body (remember, the entire body is like a brain, every part stores knowledge and though pathways) leaving a stream of data. The data being this universe. I don't know much more details about it. I guess its either not something I need to know or was taught yet. Perhaps only the technicians learn it. I only know the basics of reality, not the fine details or skills. For example I know we feed on a form of spacial energy that is refined into a perfectly ordered state, but i don't know how it goes from chaotic space to the food form.

Its to learn emotions and inner drive. I must be partialy through the program since I do have emotions now. The inner drive is still lacking i believe.

The emotions are base, then most of the training is learning to be driven. The goal is that we can feel any emotion and have inner drive to live our lives and be productive.

Why? Well it sounds a LOT like religion. It actualy made me consider that people who claim to actualy talk to God or various other religious thing may have. Before i always assumed if I and most other people couldn't see it, it wasn't there. For the first time though i'm in that position. The main difference I see is i have no want for other people to share the experience (even if i would like to talk to them if they happened to have). Nor do I care if people believe me.

I don't want followers because anyone who just agrees with me without having been there can't do anything for me.

silQ
Yes. What is real. I've considered that even in the "real" world I was still a slave to my senses even if I did have more. Maybe that wasn't even real, but it was real enough for me to say its a higher state than this one. Again, like a dream. A dream is effectivly real until you wake up.

Joseph
Religion got dragged in because in many ways my experience was like what many religions have claimed for a long time. However, its not religious. Because I don't want people to believe in it until they jack out and just know for themselves.

I was and still am an athiest. If anything the similarities to so many religious claims makes me think that improper connection to this universe might have created religion. So while still athiest, I now have a greater respect for those who are religious. After all, they claim unproovable things too. So even though i know they have it wrong, i'm not going to say it isn't true to them. After all, It could ahve been a god or heaven type thing and I was the one who misunderstood it. Even though it was pretty clear to me, and I don;t think I got it wrong.

In religious terms, I talked to god (the tech) and saw all the human souls (all of your real bodies). Its kind of hard for those who are religious not to ask about it. I think the hard part is I have no probelm with thier beliefs, some of them might however feel I should share thier beliefs.

Oh, and from what I now remember, there is no issue of having to believe me, either way, you'll be jacked out and everything will make sense.

I did jack out with full memory of this life too, so hopfully I'll get to chat with any who read this after the program about it.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Quest, your theory is like many others I have read. While it makes for a nice story, proving it is something entirely different. Of course, being able to prove something so obviously hard to prove would be a feat in and of itself.

Originally posted by Quest
Oh, one last note, before anyone buys this and freaks out, we all did this willingly. Getting upset over this is like getting upset over choosing to sleep cause you had a nightmare.
This is the issue I have with all people who make similar claims. How is it that we "choose" to be here when in this reality there is an involuntary mechanism for bringing life into it? I would actually believe you more if you made the claim that we aren't put here by choice (except by our biological parents). This is the one notion I reject outright because being what I would consider a sane individual in this reality, for me to accept the notion that I would blindly choose to go into this reality and not remember that choice is absolutely insane. I should know if I chose to be born, shouldn't I? Also, if I was given the option of doing something similar in this reality, I would reject such a choice. Why would I feel different elsewhere? The fact of the matter is in this reality children do not choose to be born and convincing me otherwise is an act I find fairly improbable to do.

[Edited on 10-3-2004 by heelstone]

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 12:06 AM
link   
heelstone

Actualy, we all willingly went into the program. Its just what we do. Part of our base knowledge on formation is that we not only will go through training but want to. Its like the way here we just breath. We don't choose to, we just do. My life here isn't all that great in terms of the way I thought of it before, but now that I have all my other memorys its great! You'll not get a better chance to experience pain and sorrow in the real world.

I'm actualy losing out on some of the good stuff cause now when bad thing happen I get kind of excited about the sensation and it counter the bad feelings. Heh, after all the things I've shared that probably sounds the caziest, but once you have all of your memories back you'll understand.

As for the realtion of our bodies here and our bodies there, we jack in durring development in the womb and jack out durring death. There were a few others who jacked out at different stages of this life in the training facility when I was there for my short break. They were in lives that weren't teaching them what they needed to learn.

This ties into reincarnation i guess. Because they were being set up with new lives here.

It also explains the random death we have including ones where we can't see the cause in this universe. Also there were about 150 billion of us in this program, so i guess there are simutaneous versions of this universe.

By far the oddest though is that no one here no matter how close or how far from your life is just another person in the real world. We do keep ties to our families and loved ones, but its not a very strong tie. If you've ever had a dream you were with someone then woke up and just found the idea odd, thats about what its like. The comparison to a dream state is amazing.

I think the problem with thinking we are willingly here is that its not fun (sometimes or all the time for some people) but that because we have a lot of ourselves shut off.

So to answer your question, as our bodies reproduce they jack us into the devolping fetus with virtualy no memories active. If there is no one waiting to go into training, i guess its a still birth. This world is independant from the real one, be it created or natural. One odd thing, and the reason I still love the science of this reality, is that I have no real knowledge of the past of this place. I only have memories from when I was a child to now. I never learned about what happened in the program before I got here or how others did.

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quest
Actualy, we all willingly went into the program. Its just what we do. Part of our base knowledge on formation is that we not only will go through training but want to. Its like the way here we just breath. We don't choose to, we just do. My life here isn't all that great in terms of the way I thought of it before, but now that I have all my other memorys its great! You'll not get a better chance to experience pain and sorrow in the real world.
What you just described is an involuntary process then. Breathing is an involuntary function of the human body. The body will at all times attempt to breathe even when its not safe to do so and even when you are unconscious. Obviously if we are created to want to go to this reality, then it is an involuntary aspect of existence. There is no choice in the matter.

This ties into reincarnation i guess. Because they were being set up with new lives here.
This is yet another aspect I have issues with. To voluntarily go through multiple lives without remembering them is likely the craziest thing I can think of. Moreso than actually being schizophrenic or something. Repetition is the fundamental aspect of torture or otherwise you could term something like this "hell".

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Heelstone. Maybe the physical birth is involuntary but what about the spiritual?
Maybe the soul is like a hard-drive. You sit up there on a cloud, make the choice to come here, and get reformatted so you can make a clean start.
You could choose to forget. There is no reason why this could not be so.

If, as Quest stated, the aim of his existence is to learn, repetition is not hell. It could merely be part of the learning process - rather like a child reciting his multiplication tables.
Maybe voluntarily going through multiple lives does sound crazy. But put it in the context of Quest's experience and it actually sounds quite sane. It's rather like taking lessons at school. You move on from grade to grade, subject to subject.

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leveller
You could choose to forget. There is no reason why this could not be so.
I'm sure its a possibility, but it would be a crazy thing to do.

Maybe voluntarily going through multiple lives does sound crazy. But put it in the context of Quest's experience and it actually sounds quite sane. It's rather like taking lessons at school. You move on from grade to grade, subject to subject.
Thats just the problem. At least while you're alive and go through schooling, you can remember your previous years of schooling and build from the experiences you had before. Forgetting everything makes it all extremely pointless, tedious, and downright torturous. If my current state of mind is anything like my "spiritual" mind (which I don't think exists) then I am in agreement with myself and the whole exercise would be a crazy pointless adventure. I don't see why I would attempt to fool my own self.

[Edited on 11-3-2004 by heelstone]

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by heelstone
At least while you're alive and go through schooling, you can remember your previous years of schooling and build from the experiences you had before. Forgetting everything makes it all extremely pointless, tedious, and downright torturous.

I'm not sure I agree exactly. Remember that we're talking about physical reincarnation in this existence?
Well, doesn't it stand to reason that if you are going to be reincarnated, you aren't going to come back as the same person?
Let's assume you're a rich American white boy. Next time you may come back as a poor African villager. From your upbringing to the outlook on life that you have until you die, the whole experience is going to be different. You are going to learn different feelings and emotions. Different priorities to those emotions. There is the possibility that your memories of being a rich USA boy would stand in the way of being a poor African boy as the learning process would be blocked with previous knowledge that is not pertinent to that existence.

Maybe when you die or return to the plane of existence that Quest is referring to, you have all of the memories that you have acquired over your lives returned to you. You may then collate them, decide what's missing, and choose the next existence here to add to your knowledge.
Reformatting was maybe the wrong word. When you reformat you lose everything. It would be a better analogy to say that you put your memories in the recycle bin. You can't work with them until you decide to access and restore them.

[Edited on 11-3-2004 by Leveller]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join