It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Moron Award is, err, Awarded!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2003 @ 04:46 AM
link   
kano, aye I did see the times.

Quiet One posted their comment on 4-7-2002 at 11:40. FM didn't post until 6-1-2003 at 06:13. There's a good few months inbetween the postings to say the least. Now I grant you that QO could be an alter-ego of FM, quite possible. However, I thought you guys were able to log IP addy's and the like, which has meant that you have been able to tell when other users have been doing the same in the past.

Again, I concede that you may not want to trawl through the logs if it is not recorded with the message itself, but if you cannot prove it one or the other then I believe that you have to concede it is a leap of faith at best making the statement that QO and FM are one and the same.

Also, as your modding this thread and that post quite clearly didn't bring anything to the party, may I ask why you didn't remove it? Were you more casual about posts then and its only recently that the quality has annoyed you so much as to take the actions you now do? or was there some other reason?

I referenced QO because as I originally stated, their post didn't contribute anything to thread which you have stated should be taken in all seriousness. If it should be then why was it allowed to remain. Also, the nature of the post was pretty confrontational to the thread as a whole, yet it wasn't deleted. FM makes a confrontational post and it snowballs into what has happened now.

FM challenges the actual usefulness of machine gun as does IknownotwhoIam and Saucerian. Who also both state that it would be useless as an attacking weapon - so they have misunderstood the MS concept too? or rather, they have understood one of the proposed uses for it and challenged its appropriateness.

Agree about the hoax claim as already stated.

As I said previously, it then seems to degenerate into a 'who knows most about what' between FM and MS with both appearing to concede points and move to another area of the subject to press the other person over.

I think ppl, who have been involved in this discussion at least, will think a lot more when posting on a subject, but in time I think the habit will die off for the vast majority and some still won't bother - sometimes I don't have time to fully think my points through I admit, like if its in my dinner break and I just wanna raise a point or something - I just wanna start a conversation and maybe point things out that interest me or learn from others.

Unfortunately, its not a face to face conversation and things said in words can often be misinterpreted and so as well as thinking, maybe we all just need to be more explicit in what we mean to say. If you stay generic you have to expect all sorts of sh|T to come back at ya, be specific and you get specific answers (hopefully).

I know you think you were doing it for the right reasons so why don't you just post a reply and lock it off to act as a reminder to everyone who posts in this area. Lets all take a breather eh? and carry on with what really matters.

[Edited on 9-1-2003 by phait]

posted on Jan, 9 2003 @ 04:58 AM
link   
LOL
I can catagorically state that Q.O. and F.M. are not the same person.
that should be obvious to anyone with a cursory understanding of social semiotics but if thats not enough evidence then the fact that we've been mates for about 6 years and FD shows none of his traits (except the probably shortness) should suffice.

TN1

posted on Jan, 9 2003 @ 09:43 AM
link   
This tread is about science and technology so it is better to concentrate at this particular fied!Someone asked me what i meant by studying and reading .It is very simple :Study and search and you should find the truth !!!!.These are not my words but words of great philoshophers in the history of the human kind!
I can see that the level is low scientifically and also lots of persons here do not have social education !!Well done!!In general the level is very low and it can become lower if they keep posting all the non-sense in the tread!! Monsters,demons ,angels the GOD HIMSELF!!,Aliens and lots of unacceptable things!!
Can you imagine what the world would be if there were scientists with this kind of mentallity????

posted on Jan, 9 2003 @ 09:51 AM
link   
somone didn't take his seroxant did he.

posted on Jan, 9 2003 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Winston Smith

And indeed, we also have recently seen how others from another forum have found you to express their displeasure with your involvement in their community as well.

I know this board. It's not difficult to be in troubles with the peoples who are posting there. That's easy. You just have to write " I don't agree with you ".

I like to post in such boards ( french boards ). Unfortunately, now, I' ve to use many proxies or internet cafe when I want to do a post.

[Edited on 9-1-2003 by ultra_phoenix]

posted on Jan, 9 2003 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Well, again, FM, it is a joke. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA joke, laugh!

M
R&S

posted on Jan, 9 2003 @ 05:19 PM
link   
*sigh* The circles are making me dizzy

It's only ignorance that contributes to ignorants.

posted on Jan, 11 2003 @ 12:11 AM
link   
The award has been given.

But as in all award ceremonies.

It is up to the nominee if he wishes to accept the award or not.

( No one can force FM to accept this award if he doesn't want it.)

If FM chooses not to accept the award then so be it, it is his decision and no one elses.

I Know that this was awarded in a humorous vain, but i think that the word (MORON) does have a certain conetation which may cause offence to some members.

Any newbie arriving at this board reading this thread may get the opinion that FM is a moron.

I am sure this is not the case.

Every time we post. we leave ourselves open to criticism
but that is par for the course, because someone does not agree with our point of view does not give us the right to attack them.

As for posting ( quality over quantity ) is my ethic.

If you slow down your posting it frees up time to check your posts for obvious mistakes and corrrect them.

[Edited on 11-1-2003 by quaneeri]

posted on Jan, 14 2003 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Ok Im kinda new to this whole site but I have been reading the stuff for awhile now I can say I have seen others do to FM what you accuse him of doing here. Just read the Freemasonry board FM is one he should no what goes on at the rites and meetings and have an understanding of what the symbols mean to Freemasonry today but no one accepts his post at face value??anyway back on topic FM comes out of the blocks and says this thing is useless (an opinion) and proceeds to try and re-enforce his opinion with a few military stories which may or may not be fact based ( I cant remember when Russian production exceeded German but the Germans were never on a "wartime footing" Hitler wouldnt allow it)anyway I only see a slight foul here i.e. his choice of names or adjectives used to discribe other posters BUT that foul is seemingly off-set by the similar personal attacks leveled at FM from said posters...........so
No other poster backed up their claims to "usefullness" of this invention they only parroted the claims in the artical which were vague (now forgive me I did not read the artical posted in its entirity it was similar to the artical in POPULAR SCIENCE) The other posters who claimed this invention was useful could not present a single situation which would warrent the replacement of an exsisting system or weapon. One poster came close with the artillery analogy but this falls short because of systems like CRUSADER which can fire several rounds at different trajectories which allows them to all hit the target at the same time ( a Time On Target mission ). This weapon is novel but I have to agree with FM it has no practical purpose on the field.
FM did have another foul which again was repeated by most of the posters JUST BECAUSE A WEAPON CAN FIRE 1000s OF ROUNDS A MIN DOESNT MEAN IT HAS THE AMMO CAPACITY TO DO SO. In the weapons world this is referred to as cyclic rate of fire.
I think this was a poor choice for Moron award although I can see the reason for the award. If you actually read the flow of the posts on the thread you see that until FM posted the thread was really a "golloy gee wiz" kind of thing. A lively debate as to the usefullness of the post was began when FM posted which is what we are all here for anyway ............right?

posted on Jan, 15 2003 @ 02:35 AM
link   

The other posters who claimed this invention was useful could not present a single situation which would warrent the replacement of an exsisting system or weapon. One poster came close with the artillery analogy but this falls short because of systems like CRUSADER which can fire several rounds at different trajectories which allows them to all hit the target at the same time ( a Time On Target mission ).

Once again a complete misunderstanding of the technology. The points brought up on the MS sight about use of this technology are entirely feasable. Think about it just a little, what has the Crusader got to do with this. MS technology could be used in a version of the Crusader to increase fire rate.
Also as far as I know Crusader has been cancelled.

posted on Jan, 15 2003 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by William
An interesting choice of words FM.

Career.

It implies an intent to accomplish something here. Hence, it establishes a rationale for the sheer volume of your posts recently.

You've been warned once before to consider quality over quantity when posting to Above Top Secret. I would urge you to recall this thread, especially my response to you within: xmb.abovetopsecret.com...

Relax. It is only serial posting syndrome. As posts counter is not available � it is still possible to get more stars.
You may fix the problem of mindless posts just increasing number of those sacred figures to maximum available � you will see big improvement in quality or you may simply ignore further posts�
It is that easy to help someone become happy, respected Master.

posted on Jan, 15 2003 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Grenadier, you really should read and understand a thread before posting eh? This has nothing to do with anyones opinion on the usefulness of MetalStorm and never did have. I have explained enough times what it is awarded for, and will not be doing so again for people who don't bother reading the thread.

posted on Jan, 15 2003 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Mad scientist
I understand the technology just fine my point was that this is a redundent technology the CRUSADER is an existing system (although only in prototype) and is much more versitile. MS requires all of the ammunition to be loaded into the barrels prior to a mission not just a single round in the barrel but all of the rounds stacked up with propellent between them fired electriclly. This means you could not tailor the rounds to the mission. Now we are talking an artillery mission here this was brought up by another poster who mentioned the MS technology being used for artillery guns
I did read the whole thread Kano and I dont need you to 'splain it to me I can read it clearly I said what I said in my post because thats what I precieved to be the case I dont care if you agree or not I just gave my opinion which is again what I thought to be the purpose of this board (opinion on S&T matters)

posted on Jan, 16 2003 @ 03:36 AM
link   
..and I was correcting your incorrect view of these events... this award has nothing to do with whether or not the Metalstorm system is of any use.

Come to think of it, thats enough out of the peanut gallery for this one.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join