It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Welcome to Maryland! I mean Mexico

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Hello everyone, I wanted to relate an experience I had this past Thursday.

I had the sad duty for a close friend of taking her husbands death certificate to the local Social Security office to report his death.

While waiting the 2 and a half hours to just show them the form I learned of a new trick thats possible in Maryland.

The wait was so long because of the huge number of Illegal aliens waiting to apply for a Social Security card. Maryland is a "sanctuary" state now and ANY undocumented worker can receive a SS card by just applying with a letter from their employer.

Most of them had paid translators with them to speed up the process. As my Spanish isn't what it used to be I struck up a conversation with one of the translators (she was cute too) to find out what was going on.

Here are the steps to instant Citizenship in Maryland, as related by the translator hired to speed up the process.

Step 1, Come to Maryland illegally.

Step 2, Get a job for six months at low pay so your employer will give you a employment letter, most of them were with the same landscaping company who hired the translator for them.

Step 3, Use your letter to get a "workers" Social Security card, exact same as yours and mine by the way.

Step 4, Take your new Social Security card to the MVA and get a drivers license, also handed out in Maryland to aliens "so we don't have unlicensed drivers on the road" of course they aren't required to have a driving test or insurance.

Step 5, Apply for a voters registration card through the mail.

Step 6, Take all your nice new documents to the local Post Office and get your very own UNITED STATES PASSPORT.

Step 7, Enjoy your new Citizenship, or according to the translator, you can rent your passport to family members, if they bear a resemblance, by mailing it to Mexico and they cross the border with it anytime.

According to her, she was a young college student who was earning extra money translating, Maryland is becoming the way station for as many illegals as can get here, they work for six months for very little pay, the employers make a ton of cash, then they get their letter so they can follow the steps above.

I was told by her and a woman who worked there, when my turn finally came, that many of them leave the state with the protection of their new Citizenship, or they claim disability, which gets them about $420 a month if they have never paid in.

$420 a month I'm told is about full time wages for someone in Mexico and the checks can be paid into accounts that can be accessed from there. The really smart ones will get letters from several jobs and do the process many times earning several checks a month and other benefits.

Maryland is famous for raising taxes, I now know where a good portion of it goes.

I don't know what else to say about it, I think the system is disgusting, but they would be foolish not to take advantage of it and many many every day are.

[edit on 12-7-2008 by bledforit]

[edit on 12-7-2008 by bledforit]

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Way to go, did you get the translator's number? If you didn't, a wasted opportunity.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Actually I did get her number, I'm an educated man but I swear my brains leave the room when a redhead walks in.

I intend to have a very probing
conversation with her to learn more about the situation.

Besides the date, I feel what I learned really saddened me as to the general state of whats going on and how little the Government values its Citizens or Citizenship in particular.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
On topic: What was the Redheaded's thought about the whole process, and possiably how some are scamming the system? Part of me would think she really doesnt like it, but has a job to do. Afterall, translaters seem to becoming more in demand these days

As for Maryland, sucks they need to be "politically correct" as to not offend anyone. But the flip side is we in Minnesota had a case just a few months ago involving illegal's from Mexico. A mexican Illeagal and his girlfriend ran a stop sign in western Minnesota, hitting a school bus and killing a few children, and hurting several others. The guy fled, but the girlfriend was arrested &charged with the crime. Neither had a Drivers License because they were here illeaglly. Would the outcome of the crash been differant? The boyfriend is presumed to be back in Mexico, and now DNA came out and shows she couldn't have been the driver. The case is still in the courts.

Off topic: Have fun on your date with her, and good luck "probing" her for more information
Seriously though, I'd like to know what her thoughts are on this, so probe away

[edit on 12-7-2008 by Spoontoad]

[edit on 12-7-2008 by Spoontoad]

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Thanks for the reply, I will be asking her how she feels about the situation but I didn't want to get into it while she was working. It's her job and I respect that and wouldn't want to jeopardize it.

We have had a lot of car accidents in Maryland recently where the occupants all run after it happens, also the rate of bicycle thefts has skyrocketed, everywhere you look Mexicans are riding around town on spray painted bikes.

The impression I got from her that day was that she didn't feel that it was wrong that it's just the way things are and she needed the money. She's about half my age(now I'm the bad guy right?) and was raised in Maryland so she probably doesn't know it has been any other way.

After all, she did learn Spanish in High School so it must be ok, right?

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Something don't make sense here. Social security is a federal program and has its own criteria that the States have to obey. I don't doubt you were there for a long time because I been there myself and the people who work there are not in any rush to speed things along. And with a security guard standing by ready to arrest you not too many people are inclined to complain. You may get charged with making terroristic threats. Anyway, explain to me how they get around disobeying the requirements that are law. Here is the SSA site....

www.socialsecurity.gov...

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I understand what you mean. Social Security is a Federal program, so is the issuance of passports. This is why I was so anxious to speak with the employee not just the translator. The woman working there confirmed it to me.

Apparently guest workers are allowed to be issued cards but in Maryland those cards are the same as all the rest. After receiving the cards they begin the process.

I don't know exactly how they are getting around the system like this in Maryland but I'm going to try and find out.

I think it sucks.

The very large security guard with the Glock played video games the whole time I was there.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
That whole thing is just sick. This country is going to hell in a handbasket and I don't see any way for us to stop it. I am honestly very afraid for what lies ahead in the next few years.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Just wanted to add that for a while now the process of validating information on passport applications has been handled by a private company, NOT the Government.

Makes me feel safer just thinking about it

new topics

top topics

join