It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSNBC satellite 'probs' during Iran segment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Today, at about 3:30 PM eastern time MSNBC did a live segment with David Shuster in Washington speaking to a correspondent in Iran via satellite. They were discussing the missile tests that Iran performed and the escalations of tensions between Israel and Iran. The reporter in Iran was discussing the likelihood that the Iranian missile tests were in direct response to Israel's massive war exercises last month. David Shuster asked another question, and with the camera still on Shuster, the guy in Iran was heard to utter one syllable when Shuster said that they had lost their feed from Iran. Then, they cut to the guy in Iran with a very puzzled expression on his face. Maybe the expression was fear. Finally, they cut back to Shuster in Washington where he begins to say something, only to be interrupted by color bars with text saying something about a Washington satellite. Is Iran controlling our media? Or, is this just a case of MSNBC protecting their reporter in Iran? Whatever the case, I smell a conspiracy!

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
And maybe it was just technical problems.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Who cares, it's all made up conflict anyway. Not worth the airtime imho.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Zepherian

The hawks and Neo-Cons would absolutely love it if everyone thought just like you. Call me old-fashioned, but I think the American voters will have some sway in November with regards to how the country will implement foreign policy going in to the future. Turning off the TV and looking the other way because one believes that the Iranian issue is made-up or imagined sounds dangerous to me. We've learned where trusting Bush/McCain can get us. Haven't we?

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I meant that if people switched off the Iran propaganda the support needed for another war would never materialize, a more instrumental type of apathy. In the meantime people should focus on iraq, afghanistan and the 911 lies, and not be distracted by more propaganda. Set things straight so to speak.

I did not mean sit at home and do nothing about anything, but I can see how I wasn't clear about this. At the very least people need to speak their minds on these things, so that they have an idea of what everyone around them think and don't fall for false or loaded polls.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Rotoplooker

Sorry, but the only conspiracy was bad weather. Since I live in the general area, I can tell you that there were some big thunderstorms in the area around that time. In fact, my directv also lost it's satellite feed during the storm. Sorry, but there is no conspiracy here.

new topics

top topics

join