It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

40 'Smoking Guns' Collectively Proving That 9/11 Was An Inside Job

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Can we start requiring an entrance exam to ATS? Its getting tiring to deal with all these killtown,alex jones etc followers who do not have the first clue as to how things work.....

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
It means ready to deploy anywhere in the world at a moments notice. Ready to pack up the equipment and troops needed to support combat operations anywhere in the world within about 48-72 hours. If they were standing alert they would have put it on their webpage that they were responsible for the defense of the Washington DC area. That's something to be proud of, so why wouldn't they have it on the page if they were on alert around the DC area?

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swampfox46_1999
reply to post by GoldenFleece

it means that they are able to DEPLOY overseas quickly, NOT maintain a ready alert

I see -- "highest possible state of readiness" only refers to overseas missions.

Is that why their website says "We will provide operational support to our local communities whenever possible?"

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Swamp was referring to (I believe) the external quote you posted without a link. That incident happened August 9, 2002 which occurred after September 11, 2001.

There is a difference between being combat ready and being on 15 minute NORAD alert.

However, the term "combat ready" does not mean "available to launch within minutes" on an emergency intercept. It's a more general term than that. For example, the 180th Fighter Wing page tells us that:

"The mission of the 112th Fighter Squadron is to provide combat ready aircrews capable of deploying anywhere in the world within 24 hours of notification". Source

From the same source:

The Air National Guard exclusively performs the air sovereignty mission in the continental United States, and those units fall under the control of the 1st Air Force based at Tyndall. The Guard maintains seven alert sites with 14 fighters and pilots on call around the clock. Besides Homestead, alert birds also sit armed and ready at Tyndall; Langley AFB, Va.; Otis Air National Guard Base, Mass.; Portland International Airport, Ore.; March ARB, Calif.; and Ellington Field, Texas

[edit on 9-7-2008 by Boone 870]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Yep, every local community I know needs to be able to call in air strikes at a moments notice....

Good lord, do you even have the first frigging clue about what that really means? I mean, at my base we have a bunch of F-16s, but they arent maintained in a ready alert status (however our site also talks about "high state of readiness" and we can deploy overseas on short notice if needed. HOWEVER, our civil engineering unit, our security forces unit, and the rest of us CAN (and do) mobilize for flood duties, storm relief, civil emergencies etc... in a couple hours.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Swampfox46_1999

OK, whatever you say.

No ready-alert fighters at the home of Air Force One...

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Do you have the slightest idea what military units do for the communities? They do a LOT for them. They adopt schools and send soldiers to tutor, they rebuilt things around the schools, they rebuild homes, they help with cleanups around roads, there are any NUMBER of things that they do that help with the communities. In times of disaster they get aid out, they respond to flooding to help sandbag, all of these things fall under "providing operational support to local communities".

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Well, the dawn starts to break......

Now if you can just make the whole breakthrough and say

"No alert fighters at the home of Air Force One on 9/11" you will have made the first step to enlightenment

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   

As I said in an earlier post, that you ignored, there were several bases on the Eastern Seaboard that could respond to threats INCOMING to the United States. That was the entire point of the alert force, to respond to threats from OUTSIDE the US coming in. In an evacuation the President would be gone from the White House and at Andrews getting on a plane by the time the fighters launched.

Alert fighters sit on an Alert 15 status. They have 15 minutes to launch from the time the klaxon sounds. From the White House to Andrews by helicopter, is about 15 minutes MAX. And if they weren't expecting a threat, and didn't have either Air Force One, or an E-4 ready to launch at the time of an evac, they wouldn't go to Andrews. They would take him somewhere secure, until they could get a plane in to take him out of the area. You don't just start engines and take off in a plane. It takes awhile to preflight and get it ready to go.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenFleece
reply to post by Swampfox46_1999

OK, whatever you say.

No ready-alert fighters at the home of Air Force One...

Your are presented with over whelming evidence that there were no fighters on that base prior to 9/11, there are now Post 9/11 which is where your article came from. Thats it.. That point is debunked. Please move on, its like watching a train wreck you trying to explain this, even though what they are telling you is absolutely true. Anyways... Seeking the truth, mean actually seeking the truth and have the knowledge and common sense to know when it is presented to you.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boone 870

Swamp was referring to (I believe) the external quote you posted without a link. That incident happened August 9, 2002 which occurred after September 11, 2001.

There is a difference between being combat ready and being on 15 minute NORAD alert.

Oh, I see. That's why fighters from Andrews AFB were called in when "He was within eight miles" of the White House, she said. "It's enough to affect our emergency response plan."

Yeah, yeah, I know -- all this happened AFTER 9/11 and even though the DCANG website mentioned providing combat units in "the highest possible state of readiness" BRFORE 9/11, that state of readiness wasn't necessarily 24/7.

And even though the website mentioned providing "operational support to our
local communities whenever possible", they didn't really mean it.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   

His alternative was "to hit it--cut the wing off with my wing. If I played it right, I'd be able to bail out. One hand on the stick and one hand on the ejection handle, trying to ram my airplane into the aft side of the [airliner's] wing," he said. "And do it skillfully enough to save the pink body . . . but understanding that it might not go as planned. It was a tough nut; we had no other ordnance."

Why was this DCANG pilot considering ramming a commercial airliner if he had an alert/armed fighter?

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Do you bother reading what we're saying? You have several people with a lot of experience with the military telling you what those mean, and yet you still cling to your misunderstanding of what the website says.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   

And even though the website mentioned providing "operational support to our
local communities whenever possible", they didn't really mean it.

Breaking out the Crayolas......

Operational support refers to things like security, civil engineering, medical etc...things that come in handy during the emergencies that the "local communities" suffer...floods, tornados, earthquakes etc....

Operational support to our local communities does NOT refer to launching airstrikes against the next town.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
[edit on 9-7-2008 by Swampfox46_1999]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
Do you bother reading what we're saying? You have several people with a lot of experience with the military telling you what those mean, and yet you still cling to your misunderstanding of what the website says.

Nope -- just clinging to my excellent understanding of what an AP article says, and wondering why that exact same situation didn't apply on 9/11?

Imagine, they sent fighters aloft when the private jet was 8 MILES from the White House. That indicates an amazingly quick response time.

Sorry, but your "not 24/7, only overseas/NORAD" and "the DCANG website doesn't really mean what it says" arguments make no sense.

But I think you know that...

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   

I'm sorry the DRG lead you down the wrong path.

Now it is up to you to except that he is a liar or you can ignore the overwhelming evidence that proves him wrong.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
And if you bothered to dig into it, you would find out that AFTER 9/11 the alert posture of the ANG changed significantly. Units that weren't on alert for years were again, and the number of fighters on alert went way up again.

As for not making sense, you're right, I have no idea what I'm talking about. I only spent 25 years working with the Air Force, but I have no clue what they really mean by what was said on their webpage.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Nope...the clouds return. Either you are not intelligent enough to understand or are intentionally NOT understanding the posts.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Operational support to our local communities does NOT refer to launching airstrikes against the next town.

I am grossly disappointed and hope that in the future, they rectify this mistake.

In all seriousness, Golden Fleece is one against .. what is it, three? Four? Who keeps rehashing his same arguments, who's flaws have been pointed out, and who when faced with overwhelming evidence, expertise, and sources beyond a single website that he has incorrectly interpreted, basically throws his arms in the air and says 'whatever'.

Very childish.

Thank you guys, however, for continuing this debate. Debate is nothing without dedication to the truth.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join